PDA

View Full Version : Adizero Feather vs Lunar Vapor 8 Tour

Fedfan21
09-12-2011, 12:38 PM
Which shoe is better in terms of durability and comfort? How long does each shoe last?

Fedfan21
09-12-2011, 05:06 PM
Anyone have any experience with these shoes?

Bobby Jr
09-12-2011, 06:39 PM
The feather seems to be more snug around the heel - as Adidas shoes often are... but also higher profile - i.e. your heel is higher off the ground, which makes them feel a little less stable compared to the V8.

The V8 is a very good shoe but I've noticed that, because they're made without much venting in mind, heaps of moisture gathers in them - a lot under the inner-sole. The inner soles seem to wick away moisture well but it just gathers underneath them. I have to take mine out after each use and the shoe below the inner sole is soaked. Thankfully they seem to dry out quickly (overnight). If you sweat heaps you might want to consider this when buying them.

Comfort - as in fit - again, depends what you prefer. I like the V8s personally - they're just lighter, lace well etc. I have relatively normal feel so the bigger toe box is good for me in that regards compared to the Feather.

Durability - not sure yet. Both seem to be lasting fine so far.

Ramon
09-13-2011, 05:55 AM
I wear the adiZero Feathers regularly. Have not played with the Lunar Vapors (just tried them in the store only). I notice the adiZero's have more comfort problems than other adidas shoes. I think that's mostly a combination of the shape of the shoe and the insoles. There is very little room just below the ball of the foot, and the insole doesn't have much shape of its own so it just wraps around the contour of the shoe. If you wear aftermarket insoles, that will solve a big part of the problem. I have a narrow foot, and changing the insole was all I needed to make it one of the most comfortable tennis shoes I ever owned. I compared the Feathers with my New Balance 804 B width shoes, and the Feathers are narrower in almost every dimension, particularly in the midfoot. It's safe to say the Feathers are B-width or narrower.
Stability is very important for me because I turned my ankle in the past and I tend to pronate. I can play with confidence in the Feathers and they keep me light on my feet. They are not quite as stable as the NB 804's, but you probably won't find another shoe that is.
Your foot shape might determine which shoe is better for you. I think you need to have a narrow to medium foot to consider the Feathers. The Vapors are more medium sized.

Fedfan21
09-13-2011, 01:29 PM
Thanks for the advice. I ended up getting the Vapor 8, simply because I have a wider foot. Plus, the price was just too good to pass up.