PDA

View Full Version : Adidas Barricade 6s?

clutch21
09-13-2011, 04:51 PM
I was thinking of getting the barricade 6s and had a few questions if anyone could address them... TW mentions the fit being true but I also heard alot of people say to get a half size bigger. I am currently using the ballistec 3.3 in 10 1/2 and those shoes are painfully narrow, and have not really broke in after over a month of play(I should of got an 11). so would i be fine with 10 1/2 or should I get 11?

Also I have noticed a big discrepancy between the TW review for the shoes and the customer review for the shoes. TW rated them pretty highly but the customers had alot of negative things to say... which should I trust?

Lastly, I have owned barricade II before and loved them.. would that love likely translate to the barricade 6s?

If anyone could answer one or more questions that would be awesome. Thanks, Ryan

Ramon
09-13-2011, 05:28 PM
I tried the Barricade 6's and the Ballistec 3.3's side by side at the store. I have a narrow size 9.5 foot. They both have a tighter fit than most tennis shoes, and I thought they both ran true to size in length. I know some people say to order a half size bigger with both of these shoes, but that's probably because they need more room for their medium to wide feet. I thought the Barricades were slightly narrower and fit me like a glove, while my foot had a litte sliding room in the Ballistecs. The Ballistecs were a little harder to get into because of the bootie tongue.
Personally, I give more credence to the TW reviews than the customer reviews simply because angry customers tend to be more vocal, and when you have a very popular shoe, you'll always have your share of angry customers. I'm actually impressed by the fact that TW has given negative reviews for shoes that they sell. That says a lot.

clutch21
09-13-2011, 07:17 PM
Very true Ramon.. Thanks for the comment!

frunk
09-13-2011, 07:33 PM
I'd say I have a narrow/medium foot, with a high arch. The B6's felt like extensions of my feet. After a few hours, they felt like neoprene wetsuits (meaning they molded to my foot well). CB3.3 hurt like MAD when I slid my foot in. Super tight, and caused a lot of pain at first. I've gotten about 15 hours in, and they still hurt my feet. I do love that I can slide quite a lot in the 3.3's.

I wear size 11 shoes, so I ordered size 11.5 B6's and CB3.3's.

Gasolina
09-14-2011, 08:08 AM
Haven't posted in a B6 thread in a while... so here goes.

I wore a 10.5 for the B5's. A 10.5 in the B6's, and an 11 for the Genius 2's.

I woldn't say they are THAT narrow. Geniuses are narrow. B5's are wide. The B6's IMO is a true medium. I don't consider my foot to be narrow at all, but the B6s fit me good, a lot better than the B5 does.