PDA

View Full Version : Nike Ballistec 3.3 break in

luishcorreia
09-15-2011, 04:14 AM
I just bought a pair of Nike Ballistec 3.3 (blue). Really a nice looking shoe...

But the break in process... is just painfull.

Any tricks to speed it up? I've heard that using alcohol helps!

It just doesn't makes sense a shoe with a break in time .. not nowadays with all the shoe models in the market that do not require a break in time..

nicolaisidek
09-15-2011, 04:49 AM
I have doubts buying one too! Though after I saw the USO colourway I thought I had to get it just for funzees. I did try to break in the AO 3.3 then I gave up and returned it. The pain was excruciating, sorry to say,

innoVAShaun
09-15-2011, 04:54 AM
Everyone always mentions this video when it comes to breaking in shoes:

http://i51.tinypic.com/dbr39i.jpg (http://youtu.be/9NIGcNrDxFw)

nicolaisidek
09-15-2011, 04:59 AM
I tried doing that....I do not have the strength lol and afraid to break the drag-on

Jeebs
09-15-2011, 05:07 AM
I didn't feel like mine needed broken in. My feet must just be a good fit for them.

luishcorreia
09-15-2011, 05:49 AM
Everyone always mentions this video when it comes to breaking in shoes:

http://i51.tinypic.com/dbr39i.jpg (http://youtu.be/9NIGcNrDxFw)

Nice video. Already did something like that...but nothing so extreme :)

luishcorreia
09-15-2011, 05:49 AM
I didn't feel like mine needed broken in. My feet must just be a good fit for them.

If you have narrow feet the shoe will probably fit well on the first try..

RafatheChamp
09-15-2011, 01:33 PM
I first bought the AO pair and the break-in took at least a week, with tons of pain, but the French Open and the US Open ones felt like nothing if you do the thing Nadal does.

nicolaisidek
09-15-2011, 06:16 PM
So the versions after AOs are softer? I haven't tried them

BallistecMissile
09-15-2011, 06:29 PM
The 3.3's are the most painful of any shoe i've ever had to break in, 4.3's we got to try on at the pro shop i work for were infinitely better than the 3.3's, lighter, cushier, wider and more durable looking, all positives in my book.

Lokius
09-15-2011, 10:48 PM
The 4.3 and 3.3 are pretty identical in my opinion. They are a little bit softer in the midfoot because of the hyperfuse technology. But the parts of the shoe that matter are identical between the two styles.

Ballistec which shop do you work for?

BaboFan
09-15-2011, 11:20 PM
Bake them in a microwave

ucr_tennis90
09-15-2011, 11:44 PM
So the versions after AOs are softer? I haven't tried them

it took me about a month to break in my AO shoes (but i rotate between my shoes so it was probably more like a week in actual time)

but my FO shoes took much less time to break in (about 3 days), especially after i did what was shown in the video shown above. they were still a little stiff the first few times i wore them, but are now very comfortable.

purple-n-gold
09-18-2011, 05:08 PM
The 3.3's are the most uncomfortable pair of nikes that I have ever owned. I think that the hard plastic material that practically covers the entire front of the shoe is mostly to blame, no stretch or give to a tight fitting toe box. If you look at the pics of the new 4.3's the front shell is much more open, very similiar to the 2k11's.

TopFH
09-18-2011, 05:15 PM
The 3.3's are the most painful of any shoe i've ever had to break in, 4.3's we got to try on at the pro shop i work for were infinitely better than the 3.3's, lighter, cushier, wider and more durable looking, all positives in my book.

Were do you work?

West Coast Ace
09-18-2011, 06:31 PM
Bake them in a microwaveAFTER the tug-o-war with an angry Pit Bull...

I break in all tennis shoes the same way - I wear them 'around town' for a month.

anhuynh16
09-18-2011, 06:40 PM

4.3s are wider :( thats the only reason why i like the 3.3, because its narrow

Ramon
09-18-2011, 07:39 PM
4.3s are wider :( thats the only reason why i like the 3.3, because its narrow
Hmm...Vapors got wider and now the CB's are going wider. Looks like Adidas is the only company left for narrow footed tennis players (besides one or two models here and there from other companies).

anhuynh16
09-18-2011, 07:45 PM
Hmm...Vapors got wider and now the CB's are going wider. Looks like Adidas is the only company left for narrow footed tennis players (besides one or two models here and there from other companies).

i dont wear adidas.. :?

frunk
09-19-2011, 12:34 AM
i dont wear adidas.. :?

and this is why everyone hates you.

Kyrock
05-03-2012, 04:58 PM
I have a narrow-ish foot, i fit into the Vapor 7, and 8 fine. I received my CB 3.3 yesterday, and they felt narrower than the Vapors, but i did do the Nadal break in and it helped. I even took the new 3.3 insoles out, and put in the insoles from my Vapor 8 that had been broken in months now, and it helped create some comfort/room in the new 3.3.

Winners or Errors
05-04-2012, 04:42 PM
No break in needed. My 3.3s always fit funny the first time I try them on around the house, and then it takes about 1 minute for that to go away when I get to the court. They fit my narrow feet so well I don't really even notice they're on. Great shoe. I'm very worried that companies are stopping production on narrow shoes with 6 month guarantees, which I very much want. The Barricade 6 was just too roomy in the toe box, and it sounds like the 7 is even more so.

As of now, it looks like the only narrow shoe in Adidas line is the Adizero Feather. If Nike no longer produces a truly narrow shoe, I'm concerned.