PDA

View Full Version : correct fit including asics gel resolution 3

EKnee08
09-15-2011, 12:32 PM
Hi All:

For the past several months I have been having, what do you call it- toe burn where it sometimes hurts when i walk flexing my toe.

I spoke with a friend of mine who is a podiatrist and he asked to see my tennis shoes and cross-trainers.

I have been wearing ascis gel resolution 2 for almost 2 years and when the last pair needs to be replaced I was moving on to the Res 3.

My friend upon examiinaion of my feet and my Res 2 shoes stated that I needed anywhere between 1/2 to 1 size larger to give me more room in the front of the shoe, toebox and to then lock the laces in.

I bought a half size larger in res 3 because the shoe salesman said I would have too much room if I went a full size lalrger than my foot.

I then tried the new shoes on for my friend-podiatrist and he advised to go up to a full size larger and to "lock the laces in"

On my podiatrist-friend's recommendation, I exchanged the sneaker for a pair that was a full-size larger than what I had been wearing.

I brought the new pair to a running store to add superfeet orange. The salesman there confirmed what my friend said.

Do you agree on this?

Ramon
09-15-2011, 05:07 PM
It's tough to say without looking at your feet and shoes, but it sounds like you have confirmation from 2 professionals that the full size larger is appropriate, so I won't second guess them. I suspect your foot probably slides inside the shoe, which is why your toes hurt, and I suppose that if you go high enough in size, you'll eventually get to where the sliding stops short of the tip of the shoe. The Superfeet Orange will probably help because it will make the shoe tighter, and you'll have less sliding. With my narrow foot, I usually add insoles to help with fit because it minimizes the sliding. You might also try wearing 2 socks to see if the sliding goes down.

Kevo
09-19-2011, 06:54 AM
I actually went down a half size in the GR3. My feet were starting to slide in my old KSwiss shoes because they are getting worn and stretched out. When I got the GR3 they were actually longer in the toe than the KSwiss. So I got a half size smaller. They feel almost the same fit wise, but they are more snug all the way around, and even though my toe is closer to the end of the shoe my foot doesn't slide as much and doesn't hit the end. When I compared the KSwiss and the half size smaller GR3 the GR3 is actually a little longer.

Now, I don't know if that helps you at all, since everyone is different, but for me it's much better to have a shoe that doesn't slide around on my foot. It's not clear to me from your description what is the most important factor in alleviating your foot problem. It might even be moving to a different shoe. Some shoes have more room in the toe area than others. Also I don't know what lock in the laces means precisely. I would think in a shoe that's noticeably bigger than your foot, it won't matter how tight your laces are, once your feet get sweaty and you are playing competitively your feet will slide. At least that's my experience.

I think if I were in your position I'd probably try both smaller and larger shoes and see which seemed to work better.