PDA

View Full Version : Does Nike Sell Replacement Insoles? Or is this so you have to buy new shoes?

IdrinkYourMilkshake
09-20-2011, 02:27 PM
I have 2k10 zoom breathe shoes I love and just need new insoles. But can't seem to find factory insoles which I figured would be easy to find...
Is this so you have to buy new shoes? Or is there some website I haven't found yet?

Bartelby
09-20-2011, 07:37 PM
You can buy generic replacements.

Area 420
09-20-2011, 07:44 PM
I have a bunch of brand new factory insoles, size 10.5-11, email me if this helps

IdrinkYourMilkshake
09-20-2011, 08:22 PM
I have a bunch of brand new factory insoles, size 10.5-11, email me if this helps

I'm size 13 unfortunately.

Bartleby, factory insoles are the most comfortable and fit to the contour of the shoe. Can't use a generic.

Ramon
09-21-2011, 06:11 AM
I think you answered your own question about why Nike doesn't sell replacement insoles. Why sell them if you will lose sales by doing that?

My experience with aftermarket insoles is that oftentimes they fit just as well as the originals. I have 2 pairs of Nike shoes, a cross trainer, and a tennis shoe I wear casually. On both my Nikes, my Sof Sol insoles fit as well as the originals. In fact, if you lay them on top of each other, the shapes are nearly identical.

Honestly, the top athletic shoe companies all use cheap minimal insoles, and they even buy them from insole manufacturers. Nike is a brand partner of OrthoLite, and Adidas insoles even have the OrthoLite tag on them. So you can buy Ortholite insoles if you want. The pros take the original insoles out and use their own for customization, so that's why it's unimportant for Nike and Adidas to put good insoles in their tennis shoes.

Bartelby
09-21-2011, 06:21 AM
Yes, you're exactly right.

I think you answered your own question about why Nike doesn't sell replacement insoles. Why sell them if you will lose sales by doing that?

My experience with aftermarket insoles is that oftentimes they fit just as well as the originals. I have 2 pairs of Nike shoes, a cross trainer, and a tennis shoe I wear casually. On both my Nikes, my Sof Sol insoles fit as well as the originals. In fact, if you lay them on top of each other, the shapes are nearly identical.

Honestly, the top athletic shoe companies all use cheap minimal insoles, and they even buy them from insole manufacturers. Nike is a brand partner of OrthoLite, and Adidas insoles even have the OrthoLite tag on them. So you can buy Ortholite insoles if you want. The pros take the original insoles out and use their own for customization, so that's why it's unimportant for Nike and Adidas to put good insoles in their tennis shoes.

Drewpham
09-21-2011, 06:43 AM
I have superfeet insoles in my shoes they are a little pricey but are very comfy

dougmint
10-19-2011, 04:43 PM

Any chance I could get a pair of size 11 insoles? My email is dougmint at yahoo dot com. I am looking for a pair with good arch support. Nike used to include an insole with an additional add-in arch support. I wish those were still available. Thanks, Doug

The_Question
10-20-2011, 05:06 AM
Nike used to include an insole with an additional add-in arch support. I wish those were still available.

Haven't seen those add-on for awhile...

Dave_D
10-20-2011, 05:46 AM
I have a pair of size 13 2k10 zoom breathe shoes that I wore twice and didn't care for. If you want them I'll give ya a good price.

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/Nike_Zoom_Breathe_2K10_WhGrey/descpageMSNIKE-NM2K10B.html

douglas656 (at) bellsouth (dot) net

BreakPoint
10-20-2011, 11:37 AM
By the time your insoles wear out, the cushioning in the shoes are probably already gone even if the outsole still looks good. So it's time to replace the shoes anyway with a new pair unless you want to damage your knees or feet.