PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone ever done this?

klementine
09-22-2011, 01:23 PM
Yesterday, my friend and I were rallying and just hangin' out on the court.

When we decided to drop a second ball into the rally. As soon as my partner hit his shot, I dropped the other ball in.

It took us a good 20min. to get used to it and involve a strategy/make a game out of it.

I would start moving left and he towards the right side of the court, and we would both stop in the middle.. so 3 shots and repeat.

Because it is so face paced (super-duper quick) this seemed to be the only way to achieve a rally. You have to anticipate, use vision, deliberately hit your shot on target (left,middle,right..repeat) and takes a whole lot of fancy footwork.

It was actually really fun. The best part. One ball seemed like child's play afterwards.

I know there were some people walking their dogs and driving by that must have thought we forgot to take our meds... but I'm looking forward to practicing this drill again.

djNEiGht
09-22-2011, 01:32 PM
i got a good laugh out of this and a grin on my face that hasn't gone away yet.

it's like volleying reaction but with full strokes.

sounds like fun...something to change things up.

I used to race on the velodrome and one of the rewards they coaches would do for the juniors was to let them ride clockwise. it gave them a different perspective, helped hone their riding skills, and gave them something to laugh and talk about for many days to come.

klementine
09-22-2011, 01:53 PM
^ I think that's the most important thing... have fun!!!

I'm not out there trying to win the cup/points/money.... so anything that can make it more fun or non-routine is great...

It was exhausting though... haven't been that tired since my days of playing lacrosse.

LeeD
09-22-2011, 02:02 PM
Done it lots, but only for fun. Better both hit at each other, standing in one alley. And don't try to smash the ball, or vary the pace and depth. It's a cooperative rally, this one, and need both parties to try to maintain even predictable pace.

salsainglesa
09-22-2011, 03:03 PM
I have done it with everyone I play with, some people just don't want to do it, some play along!
It's very good for rhythm and hitting the same shot over and over...

Keep the balls dtl all the time, so you hit one bh and one fh. Then try to do it while volleying

papa
09-22-2011, 03:26 PM
Yeah its fun but starts to get you not keeping your head down - instead you're looking to quickly for the next ball. However, I still like it although most don't care for it.