PDA

View Full Version : WTT on ESPN 2 Sat at 11 pm EDT

Ronaldo
07-09-2005, 08:39 PM
Anyone watching this World Team Tennis match on ESPN 2? Hingis will play Navratilova in singles later

blueballs
07-09-2005, 09:02 PM
Watching it right now! Love to see more tennis on tv

blueballs
07-09-2005, 09:06 PM
Can't believe I didn't know about this. have they always shown this on tv?

Ronaldo
07-09-2005, 09:08 PM
Scheduled every Sat at 11 pm, Sacramento/Houston next week

eqc6
07-09-2005, 09:10 PM
Saweet, thx! I was in the mood for watching Tennis too :D

Onecoldcat
07-09-2005, 09:12 PM
Which Yonex is Hingis palying with, anyone know?

eqc6
07-09-2005, 09:15 PM
Ugh, too bad they have that guy commentator, he's friggin annoying :/

blueballs
07-09-2005, 09:21 PM
That wilson commercial is just wrong considering the pj racquets.

Ronaldo
07-09-2005, 09:24 PM
Looks like an RDX 300

blueballs
07-09-2005, 09:31 PM
martina got bageled!

Phil Daddario
07-09-2005, 09:42 PM
She got bageled, but did you SEE the points?!

God, that's SPECTACULAR tennis. Mixed just started, I'm watching the whole thing.

The points are fabulous.

blueballs
07-09-2005, 09:49 PM
Yea it's awesome, I can't believe this is happening. The mixed is also great, hingis can return some fast serves from the male player.

Phil Daddario
07-09-2005, 09:52 PM
After this I'm going to look into WTT tickets.

I couldn't believe those rallies. And that Chu guy's serves are awesome. Hingis is showing how awesome she is.

I am now currently interested in watching more doubles. But seriously, who'd expect such a great classic battle (in doubles, singles, AND mixed doubles) with Martina...against Martina?

Sixpointone
07-09-2005, 10:06 PM
I must say I went to the match live and also watched it on TV. It was indeed a great time!

Phil Daddario
07-09-2005, 10:09 PM
Ah, sixpointone, you lucky person.

Not only does it look more fun/involving than normal tennis, automatic better seats. :D

How much do tickets cost for it? It sounds like something I'd want to bring my kids to.

Sixpointone
07-09-2005, 10:13 PM
Phil,

I think it was $75.00 for the expensive seats and I got $40.00 General Admission. And since you mention kids, each kid ages 4-16 get a free Advanta Racquet which comes strung, with two balls and a book. Of course the prices might vary city by city.

Also, not sure if they do it all the time, but there were two tables, one for each team, after the match, to get a pic and a signature. I got a pic with Martina Navritilova and one with Martina Hingis as well. Eventually I will get the pictures developed, as I do not have a digital camera.

It was a great time, and I hope my info helps.

All My Best,
John

Phil Daddario
07-09-2005, 10:24 PM
Thanks so much for the info. :D

It's not too expensive, at least not for the experience it looks like. Extremely friendly atmosphere.

And as of now, my twins (just turned four, actually) are into freebies and collecting. ;) The racquets, balls, and book look great. Prices shouldn't vary too much.

Same thing with meeting the people, I think they'll love it. I think we'll go with expensive seats, just to provide a good experience for tennis.

Thanks again.

-Phil

Sixpointone
07-09-2005, 10:27 PM
Phil,

You are very welcome!

If you could do me a small favor, it would be much appreciated. That favor would be that if you do go, if you could email me at sixpointone@aol.com to let me know how you made out, I'd be greatly interested.

I hope your family has an awesome time!

All My Best,
John

Phil Daddario
07-09-2005, 10:32 PM
John,

No problem. I'll have to get the idea past my wife, but she's fine. I don't think she'll have any problems with it, and my kids will love it.

I actually had my daughter with me while we were watching the WTT matches today. She's got a short attention span, as any four year old does, but she was certainly watching Navratilova. She thought the mixed doubles was cool, too, since my other twin is a boy and they can play together.

Hey, they still don't understand the game fully, but it was fun on its own explaining things and answering questions. And regardless of whether my daughter got it, she was still engrossed in the match.

I don't think my family will have any problems with this "awesome time" you speak of. :D

-Phil