PDA

View Full Version : Martina Nav. hits herself on serve lol

TwistServe
07-09-2005, 09:16 PM
WTT: Martina N. Vs Martina H.

Wow you dont see this too often.. she cracks her knee on the serve follow-through (and also double faults)...

Hingis is looking nice..

Ronaldo
07-09-2005, 09:20 PM
That Brian Bosworth stick is rockhard and weighs like over 13 oz without a bumperguard. Thats gotta smart

newnuse
07-10-2005, 12:43 PM
I've done that before, but it was a little lower on the leg. It was a glancing blow, so not much pain.

I recently saw a guy hit himself on the forehead with a wristy forehand follow through. That one was painful. Guy was on his knees for a few minutes. :) Funny as heck if you weren't him.

eqc6
07-10-2005, 01:04 PM
I remembered the very first time I tried serving, I hit my lower leg (between knee and foot) and yes, it was very painful. That was when I fell in love with Tennis!

Oh, and the racquet was a Wilson Prostaff Original by Samprass :mrgreen:

I still have the scar from it too :mrgreen:

peter
07-10-2005, 01:12 PM
I recently saw a guy hit himself on the forehead with a wristy forehand follow through. That one was painful. Guy was on his knees for a few minutes. :) Funny as heck if you weren't him.

A buddy of mine hit a _very_ wristy forehand that hit him on his nose. The
sound of it was .. like "KRAK!". His nose looked like a boxers nose afterwards :)

driger
07-10-2005, 01:21 PM
i think hingis's shot bothered mn more than that blow did.

uNIVERSE mAN
07-10-2005, 01:27 PM
the stupid woman still thinks she can serve/volley with that junk serve and crappy movement.

devilish_duke
07-10-2005, 01:30 PM
Clocked myself in the forehead with a weird forehand followthrough once. Ended up getting 10 stitches but wuz back on the court in a couple of days.

loubapache
07-10-2005, 01:41 PM
the stupid woman still thinks she can serve/volley with that junk serve and crappy movement.

LOL, I think she can hit a few aces against you and you cannot pass her.

goober
07-10-2005, 01:44 PM
That Brian Bosworth stick is rockhard and weighs like over 13 oz without a bumperguard. Thats gotta smart

Lol the Boz- :D

splink779
07-10-2005, 01:46 PM
Heres another guy that smacked himself in the foredhead once. Ouch! I'm suprised Nadal hasn't done it in match play yet with that follow through.

newnuse
07-10-2005, 02:05 PM
I'm surprised at number of people that have domed themselves. I'm guessing it's due to the wristy forehands that is increasing in popularity.

andfor
07-10-2005, 02:25 PM
Count me as another who smacked his dome on a FH follow through. Not as dramatic as others here have described. Have only done it once to date. Happened just about a 2 weeks ago.

arosen
07-10-2005, 02:50 PM
A couple of times I hit my other shoulder when putting too much arm into my forehand instead of rotating my body. I saw Davenport do it on the run, too. Hurt like hell, still better than hitting face, I guess...

TwistServe
07-10-2005, 04:16 PM
Clocked myself in the forehead with a weird forehand followthrough once. Ended up getting 10 stitches but wuz back on the court in a couple of days.

Sure sure.. That was your excuse to get a nose job huh.. Who's nose did you get done? Pitt or Cruise?

Stuck
07-10-2005, 04:25 PM
I saw a guy I was playing try a between the legs shot and well........you know where I am going with this

efice32
07-10-2005, 05:22 PM
My friend hit a wristy half-volley forehand falling back at the baseline and hit himself in the mouth and broke his front tooth in half!

uNIVERSE mAN
07-10-2005, 05:24 PM
My friend hit a wristy half-volley forehand falling back at the baseline and hit himself in the mouth and broke his front tooth in half!

WTF!!!! :shock:

supersmash
07-10-2005, 05:32 PM
I saw a guy I was playing try a between the legs shot and well........you know where I am going with this

yeah me too. it's like i socked myself in the gonads.

Phil Daddario
07-10-2005, 06:28 PM

Junk serve? Actually, she'd probably ace you.

Same thing with the crappy movement. She's actually still extremely athletic and moves very well. She was chasing down a lot of balls, and getting to a lot of things I'm sure pretty much everyone on this board couldn't.

She hit herself on the knee here, and I think whiffed an overhead once at Wimbledon. Don't know if she won that match, I think she did though. Can't remember.

But regardless, she's THE greatest female player ever and is still one of the most fun people to watch. Crappy movement my ***. :P

ACE of Hearts
07-10-2005, 06:46 PM
Is Martina Nav going to apply for social security anytime soon? :mrgreen: .This woman will die on the tennis courts, its time to go, Martina :mad:

uNIVERSE mAN
07-10-2005, 07:36 PM
Junk serve? Actually, she'd probably ace you.

Same thing with the crappy movement. She's actually still extremely athletic and moves very well. She was chasing down a lot of balls, and getting to a lot of things I'm sure pretty much everyone on this board couldn't.

She hit herself on the knee here, and I think whiffed an overhead once at Wimbledon. Don't know if she won that match, I think she did though. Can't remember.

But regardless, she's THE greatest female player ever and is still one of the most fun people to watch. Crappy movement my ***. :P

Why would I get aced by a crappy arse 60mph serve? am I a bloody tree or something?

x Southpaw x
07-10-2005, 07:45 PM
I've hit my shin with my serve follow-through a long time ago when my serve motion wasn't perfected yet. Then I've been spared from tennis injury for a long time until just two weeks ago I decided to try a tweener while practicing at the wall. Gave my ankle a painful blue-black. I think I shattered a few nerves then.