PDA

View Full Version : Shoes most similar to Barricade 5

Esa
09-24-2011, 07:57 AM
I'm looking for replacement shoes for Barricade 5s. I tried the 6s for couple of weeks but they made my Achilles tendonitis so much worse I had to stop using them. I think it may be the softer cushioning in the heel and/or higher profile in the forefoot that puts more stress on the tendons. Now I'm on my last pair of 5s but they're falling apart. I'm trying to find shoes that are similar to Barricade 5 in terms of firm cushioning in the heel, low-to-ground forefoot, stability, stiffness. Someone who's a Barricade 5 fan liked the Head Speed Pro in the customer feedback section. Any other suggestions?
Which Nike shoes are closest to B5s?
I would really appreciate any suggestions and comments. Thanks.

mathieu
09-24-2011, 08:04 AM
I'm looking for replacement shoes for Barricade 5s. I tried the 6s for couple of weeks but they made my Achilles tendonitis so much worse I had to stop using them. I think it may be the softer cushioning in the heel and/or higher profile in the forefoot that puts more stress on the tendons. Now I'm on my last pair of 5s but they're falling apart. I'm trying to find shoes that are similar to Barricade 5 in terms of firm cushioning in the heel, low-to-ground forefoot, stability, stiffness. Someone who's a Barricade 5 fan liked the Head Speed Pro in the customer feedback section. Any other suggestions?
Which Nike shoes are closest to B5s?
I would really appreciate any suggestions and comments. Thanks.

If you still have the 6's, I would suggest replacing the insole with something like a sofsole gel insert which are very comfortable. I would keep giving the 6's a try, but if you are 100% sure they won't work, give the kswiss bigshots or asics gel resolution a try. They are very comfortable from what I heard.

FuriousYellow
09-24-2011, 08:59 AM
I haven't tried them myself, but others have said the Adidas Team Competition feels similar as it's basically a cheaper version of the BV.

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/viewlarge.html?pcode=AMTCBG

kc571
09-24-2011, 07:17 PM
I heard the big shots are good, but traction on them is bad. For me the Gel Resolution was a little long. I'm holding out hope for a barricade 7 soon!

Esa
09-25-2011, 05:01 AM
If you still have the 6's, I would suggest replacing the insole with something like a sofsole gel insert which are very comfortable. I would keep giving the 6's a try, but if you are 100% sure they won't work, give the kswiss bigshots or asics gel resolution a try. They are very comfortable from what I heard.

That's a good idea. I could replace the insole to lift the heel up a little. That might help reduce stress on the Achilles tendon. Comfort is not so much an issue for me. I prefer performance over comfort. I tried the Gel Resolutions couple of years ago and they really were very comfortable, but too soft to be a good performance shoe. In hard turns/stops/landings the cushioning gives in too much.
I'll check out the bigshots.
Thanks!

Esa
09-25-2011, 05:08 AM
I heard the big shots are good, but traction on them is bad. For me the Gel Resolution was a little long. I'm holding out hope for a barricade 7 soon!
From what I read from these forums, there seems to be a big B5 fan base that hates the B6. I hope Adidas has realized their mistake with B6 and will bring back the B5 as B7, with maybe some minor cosmetic changes.

Esa
09-25-2011, 05:09 AM
I haven't tried them myself, but others have said the Adidas Team Competition feels similar as it's basically a cheaper version of the BV.

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/viewlarge.html?pcode=AMTCBG
Thanks, I'll check them out.

kc571
09-29-2011, 08:30 AM
Sounds like the Barricade 7 will be out in January.

Esa
09-29-2011, 11:16 AM
Sounds like the Barricade 7 will be out in January.
Yes, finally! That's great news. Meanwhile, I think I'll replace the insoles of my 6s and try to get by.

Six.one.touring
10-20-2011, 09:36 AM
I heard on another form that murray may wear the 7 in London or i might of got that mixed up with a different color version of the 6 idk we'll c

CDestroyer
10-20-2011, 09:39 AM
Snoe shoes, they are so dead blam heavy.

The Big Kahuna
10-20-2011, 11:17 AM
Which Nike shoes are closest to B5s?.

Definitely the Nike Zoom Breathe 2K11.

I got my pair of 2K11s yesterday and played in them for the first time this morning. Some initial impressions:
1) This is not an updated 2K10 - the shoe feels plusher, more stable, and beefier than the old model. Nike may be doing to the 2K10 with the 2K11 what Asics did with the Resolution 2 when it came out with the Resolution 3. This shoe feels more like a CB 2.3 than it does a 2K10 - and that may be a good thing.
2) As a result, the shoe needs more break-in than the 2K10. I will update in a week or so and let you know how that goes. The shoe may be more like the Nike Cage in that respect.
3) In general, there was less "slop" in the toebox than the 2K10 and the foot was help into the shoe more securely. There was more cushion and this this may also relate to this being a more durable model than the 2K10. The tongue was more padded and the shoe felt more comfortable, as well.
In short, if you were looking for something like a lighter CB 3.3 or a more stable and cushioned 2K10, this may be the shoe for you. It seems to be the missing link in the Nike line, a relatively light, breathable, stable, cushioned performance shoe that appears to be geared to be more durable than the prior model. I am liking the changes Nike has made in this model. More to come as this shoe breaks in.

hcb0804
10-20-2011, 02:57 PM
Hopefully the Barricade 7 will be more 5-ish.....early indications seem to show they will be