PDA

View Full Version : The problems with ADIDAS ADIZERO FEATHERS and how should I solve it?

chris1992
09-25-2011, 12:00 PM
2 weeks ago, i bought a pair of adidas adizero feathers from a local store in the white and blue colour. Initially, I loved the look of the shoe and after a break in period of about 5 hours, the shoes started to fit well.

The first problem arose when a piece of plastic that is on the outside of each shoe labelled "adituff" started poking uncomfortably on the inside of my left foot. Only my left strangely enough.

I decided to wear a thin pair of ankle socks underneath my regular socks and this solved the problem and made the shoe more secure.

The next issue occured 2 weeks after purchasing. The salesman in the store had said that on the front of the shoe there was a plastic protector to stop the shoe ruining when you drag your foot in play. This has been grazed at pretty heaviy. More worringly though is the part of the sole that rides onto the toe-end of the shoe is starting to come off.

As well as this the plastic area that runs around the outside of the shoe is starting to come off as well.

The so-called "durability" areas of the shoe I dont think are very good. They are all made of plastic. I have a feeling that the plastic is starting to come away from the leather area of the shoe due to the heat coming from my foot during play.

I havent got any pictures to hand so had to put all of this in 1000 words, i apologise haha.

My next point is whether you think the store should refund me or give me a new pair of shoes...as i believe this is only the start and in maybe 3 weeks the toe-cap will be gone. Are there any other shoes you could reccommend...barricade 6?

thanks for your time guys

scotus
09-25-2011, 02:03 PM
2 weeks ago, i bought a pair of adidas adizero feathers from a local store in the white and blue colour. Initially, I loved the look of the shoe and after a break in period of about 5 hours, the shoes started to fit well.

The first problem arose when a piece of plastic that is on the outside of each shoe labelled "adituff" started poking uncomfortably on the inside of my left foot. Only my left strangely enough.

I decided to wear a thin pair of ankle socks underneath my regular socks and this solved the problem and made the shoe more secure.

The next issue occured 2 weeks after purchasing. The salesman in the store had said that on the front of the shoe there was a plastic protector to stop the shoe ruining when you drag your foot in play. This has been grazed at pretty heaviy. More worringly though is the part of the sole that rides onto the toe-end of the shoe is starting to come off.

As well as this the plastic area that runs around the outside of the shoe is starting to come off as well.

The so-called "durability" areas of the shoe I dont think are very good. They are all made of plastic. I have a feeling that the plastic is starting to come away from the leather area of the shoe due to the heat coming from my foot during play.

I havent got any pictures to hand so had to put all of this in 1000 words, i apologise haha.

My next point is whether you think the store should refund me or give me a new pair of shoes...as i believe this is only the start and in maybe 3 weeks the toe-cap will be gone. Are there any other shoes you could reccommend...barricade 6?

thanks for your time guys

No, the store doesn't owe you anything unless the store has a very lenient return policy or a special warranty program (if the shoes could be purchased from Costco, Wal-Mart, etc).

Usually the top of the line shoes come with 6-month durability warranty. I am not sure whether your shoes fit that criterion, but the barricades definitely carry the warranty.

Kenny022593
09-25-2011, 03:00 PM
No, the store doesn't owe you anything unless the store has a very lenient return policy or a special warranty program (if the shoes could be purchased from Costco, Wal-Mart, etc).

Usually the top of the line shoes come with 6-month durability warranty. I am not sure whether your shoes fit that criterion, but the barricades definitely carry the warranty.

The feathers don't.

Bobby Jr
09-25-2011, 04:48 PM
Regardless of warranty, the product is clearly not fit for the intended purpose: tennis.

Any respectable retail outlet would take these as a return and get their Adidas rep to look at them. I doubt they'll tell you it's your problem considering the short amount of time you've had them. If they do, post here again and we can collectively help with a plan.

The key to getting a successful outcome here is to be perfectly clear on details - don't leave any avenue for challenge by them. Say you used them only for tennis and nothing else. Say exactly how much you used them - down to approximate hours of use.

chris1992
09-26-2011, 02:33 AM
thanks for the responses guys. fortunately the store changed them and gave me a new pair of shoes at my choice. got a new version of barricade 6s. :)

Ramon
09-26-2011, 04:32 AM
I'm impressed that a local store would do that for you when you've had the shoes for 2 weeks. Kudos to the store for customer service!

My pair of Feathers seems to be holding up ok, but I'm not a toe dragger and I play on clay. Maybe you got a lemon, but the Feathers generally don't seem to be that great when it comes to durability.

I have a feeling the Barricades are going to be much better for you. Let us know how it goes!

jwbarrientos
10-01-2011, 03:58 PM
After 3 months of using, I'm divorcing from this piece of ... extended break in period, plastic adituff is a blister machine, and the latest is an achilles tendonitis sponsorized by adizero feather.

Six.one.touring
10-20-2011, 09:35 AM
Can anyone comment on the arch for the adizero feathers? I'm thinking of getting a pair.

Ramon
10-20-2011, 05:27 PM
Can anyone comment on the arch for the adizero feathers? I'm thinking of getting a pair.

Some reviewers talk about the arch support being placed forward. However, when I removed the original insole, it was just a standard insert with a minimal arch in the normal place. I think what causes the discomfort is the shape of the medial part of the shoe. It pushes against your foot just behind the ball of your foot. Eventually, after the break in period, the feeling usually goes away.

I have narrow feet, and I'm lucky enough that my feet fit this shoe very well. It's really a very good shoe with a lot of support and stability at a light weight. I use orthotic insoles in all of my shoes, and they particularly help with this shoe.

bambampham
10-25-2011, 12:47 PM
open garbage can, insert shoes, problem solved