PDA

View Full Version : Are Super Feet Worth It?

Jfolks259
09-25-2011, 01:58 PM
Was at my local running store today and they told me Super Feet would be a good idea for both my running shoes and tennis shoes. Anybody use them? Any suggestions would be appreciated

Al1978
09-25-2011, 02:23 PM
I use Superfeet in all my athletic shoes, except the Converse Chucks I use for lifting. I put Superfeet Blue in my running shoes, and Green in my hiking shoes and boots. I even have the thinnest model - Black - in a couple pairs of casual shoes. Superfeet are fantastic, in my opinion. Factory insoles are worthless, thin cushions that provide no foot support and break down anyway after moderate use. Cushioning comes from the shoe itself. The insole should support the foot within the shoe, and that's what Superfeet do for me. I am a slight over-pronator, and shoes without Superfeet cause discomfort in my left instep due to the lack of support. With Superfeet, I feel no pain at all.

Jfolks259
09-25-2011, 03:55 PM
I use Superfeet in all my athletic shoes, except the Converse Chucks I use for lifting. I put Superfeet Blue in my running shoes, and Green in my hiking shoes and boots. I even have the thinnest model - Black - in a couple pairs of casual shoes. Superfeet are fantastic, in my opinion. Factory insoles are worthless, thin cushions that provide no foot support and break down anyway after moderate use. Cushioning comes from the shoe itself. The insole should support the foot within the shoe, and that's what Superfeet do for me. I am a slight over-pronator, and shoes without Superfeet cause discomfort in my left instep due to the lack of support. With Superfeet, I feel no pain at all.

thanks for the info. they said i should buy the blacks because my heels are quite wide. does that sound correct?

BobFL
09-25-2011, 04:56 PM
I found them useless and very weak. I broke one pair in 2 hours and got a replacement. The replacement pair was good for 2 sets. I used the orange version. Their rep told me I was heavy?! Then I bought Dr. Scholls atheltic insoles for $10 in my local Target and they are pretty good and work well for me...

eidolonshinobi
09-25-2011, 05:11 PM
worth every penny! I have the black for my tennis, running, and basketball shoes.

Jfolks259
09-25-2011, 07:06 PM
worth every penny! I have the black for my tennis, running, and basketball shoes.

what do you like about them so much?

zapvor
09-25-2011, 08:13 PM
i am thinking about them too

Vertiz
09-25-2011, 08:42 PM
i use orange for my tennis shoes, however I managed to crack my superfeet in a little over a month. Sending them back in for a replacement. If the replacements break in a month as well I may stop using them. Other than the durability they are very nice. YOu will immediately notice a difference...I can only describe it as plush yet stable. Feels like you're walking on 2 inches of mush at first but after awhile you don't notice anything.

Ramon
09-25-2011, 09:02 PM
Right now I'm using another brand of orthotic insoles. I tried Superfeet Green at the store, liked them, but settled for another that seemed to work better for me. Other companies that make good insoles include Powerstep, Spenco, Aetrex (makers of Lynco and New Balance insoles), and Sof Sole.

I'm definitely sold on the idea of aftermarket insoles, and if you like the Superfeet, you should seriously consider them. I now have orthotic insoles on every shoe I wear. I keep all my old insoles, so that next time I buy a pair of shoes I can try out different insoles to see how they work with those shoes. Once you try good insoles you'll never go back to original insoles. There are reasons why companies like Nike and Adidas use cheap insoles. One is to cut cost, another is because everybody's feet are different, and another is because the pro athletes who wear their shoes remove the original insoles anyway and replace them with custom insoles. Custom insoles are pricier than off-the-shelf insoles, but they have their merits too.

eidolonshinobi
09-26-2011, 12:18 AM
what do you like about them so much?

I had custom orthotics prior to purchasing mine. One of my colleagues is an orthopedic dr. and said that the black super feet were just as good for my lower arches than my custom orthotics. The added benefits were that I could order multiple pairs for a fraction of the price, keep them fresh by rotating them, not as cumbersome, and all the while keeping the support and comfort I need and want.

Drewpham
09-26-2011, 05:01 AM
i use super feet blue in my tennis shoes and they are amazing. i felt like it positioned my foot with more weight towards the ball of my feet allowing me move around the court much easier and make faster cuts.

mikeler
09-26-2011, 05:38 AM
I found them useless and very weak. I broke one pair in 2 hours and got a replacement. The replacement pair was good for 2 sets. I used the orange version. Their rep told me I was heavy?! Then I bought Dr. Scholls atheltic insoles for $10 in my local Target and they are pretty good and work well for me...

I bought the green version a few months ago. I've also since bought a few sets of the Dr. Scholls athletic soles that are in a few other pairs of my shoes. My main reason for trying different insoles is Achilles tendinitis. The Superfeet are not as cushioned as the Dr. Scholls and are much more expensive. The green insole top in my right shoe started peeling away after just a few matches which is pretty disappointing.

TimothyO
09-26-2011, 08:27 AM
Have not used for running but for tennis they are great! I'm currently looking for a show that provises the same support but I use the green SuperFeet in my Nikes. After an ankle injury I xould barely get down the stairs. The day I installed the green super feet I was able to descend the stairs almost entirely pain free.

Diagoras
09-26-2011, 02:01 PM
I've tried these in the past, and my reaction was the same as a few other people I know who have also tried them: the arch is too far back. They felt very strange because of this, and I wouldn't try them again. They always try to push them on customers at our local stores, but I've even ran into a salesman at one store that also felt that the arch was pretty far back. Wierd.

JGads
09-26-2011, 02:12 PM
The arch is also very, VERY high on the greens and I've found the blue to be much better (and I have very high arches, but the greens were even too high for me) for tennis. I figured the greens were the best (and they were the ones initially recommended for my foot type) and went with them initially but those arches were just too much. Once I went down to the blues, I was good to go.

Ramon
09-26-2011, 04:12 PM
The far back arch on the Superfeet is supposed to prevent the ankle from rolling to the inside, so it minimizes pronation. I notice most of the other orthotic insole manufacturers do that as well. Aetrex actually takes it a step further in some models by making a slope in the heel cup so the inside of the heel is higher than the outside (it's called a medial post). By comparison, Superfeet's approach is rather tame.

martini1
09-28-2011, 06:35 AM
Recovered from PF and tried at least 10-12 different inserts. I use the green for sports and the blue one for dress shoes. Best off the rack inserts IMHO. I do not break them because they would not bend that far to breaking nor will they slide that far to come apart.