PDA

View Full Version : Question for Jason

coolblue123
09-26-2011, 03:12 AM
Hi Jason:

After watching several reviews, I think our playing styles are very similar. I was wondering if you've playtested the Organix 8 315? I just played with the 315 and thought it has a good match for our game.

btw, how's your London doing?

Seth
09-26-2011, 07:38 AM
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTe_jk6F6zzbfj3CVbwhTRQXwN8NqLqf BCQPCSgF8xr3JNHm1p5Ut6zIUKD-g

TW Staff
09-26-2011, 02:09 PM
I only hit with it once when we first received the playtest racquets, so I don't remember much about it. But I will take it out for a hit tomorrow. After looking at the specs, I think you're right, this racquet seems like it'd be a great fit for my game.

Still enjoying my BB London. I added lead tape at the 3 and 9 o'clock positions as well as some right at the top of the handle (where the handle and frame meet). Although, after my playtest with the Slazenger Pro Braided, I'm seriously considering switching that that racquet.

I'll keep you updated.

Jason, TW

coolblue123
09-26-2011, 07:05 PM
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTe_jk6F6zzbfj3CVbwhTRQXwN8NqLqf BCQPCSgF8xr3JNHm1p5Ut6zIUKD-g

You're just jealous... LOL! =)

samster
09-26-2011, 08:39 PM
J is one cool dude. I met him at Indian Wells a few years back right outside the TW tent.

TW Staff
09-27-2011, 09:45 AM
Thanks Samster! I cannot deny nor deny that statement. :-)

Jason, TW

zapvor
09-27-2011, 10:06 AM
You're just jealous... LOL! =)

you are in rockville? wanna meet up and hit some?

coolblue123
09-27-2011, 10:28 AM
you are in rockville? wanna meet up and hit some?

sure. I am on travel right now, but I'll email you when I get back. Actually I live in Gaithersburg. Just that when people ask where is GBurg, I go 6 miles north of Rockville, so I just say Rockville now.
Are you around the Rockville area as well?

zapvor
09-27-2011, 01:46 PM
sure. I am on travel right now, but I'll email you when I get back. Actually I live in Gaithersburg. Just that when people ask where is GBurg, I go 6 miles north of Rockville, so I just say Rockville now.
Are you around the Rockville area as well?

cool. yea we can hit in rockville . let me know when you get back!

coolblue123
09-29-2011, 06:27 AM
Hi Jason: Saw from Spencer's comment on youtube that you guys will be doing a review on the 315. Are you part of the playtest as well?

TW Staff
09-29-2011, 09:38 AM
Hi Jason:

After watching several reviews, I think our playing styles are very similar. I was wondering if you've playtested the Organix 8 315? I just played with the 315 and thought it has a good match for our game.

I used the Organix 8 315 yesterday during my hit. It's definitely a powerful racquet, more so than a stock Boris Becker London. I felt like there was easy access to both power and spin without sacrificing too much control. It seemed to me that the racquet was a bit sluggish, despite the 315 swingweight. I couldn't whip it around as fast on my forehand, especially when trying to hit crosscourt. It was fun to hit with this racquet, and I think you should give it a shot.

Jason, TW

zumzool
09-30-2011, 09:03 AM
Jason - Can you comment on the Slazenger? i know it's a stiff racquet and you've had shoulder issues...

TW Staff
09-30-2011, 04:39 PM
Jason - Can you comment on the Slazenger? i know it's a stiff racquet and you've had shoulder issues...

Yes. Hmm, how should I put this? I LOVE this racquet! We just finished shooting our review video for it so I've been hitting consistently with it for a while now. It's very easy to swing and has a solid and crisp feel. Even though it's very maneuverable, there is still enough weight that I don't feel like the racquet gets over powered. For the majority of the playtest, I used either a full multi setup or hybrid and had no problems. Just recently, I strung it up with a full set of poly. I think it might be a combination of the full poly as well as too much time on the court lately, but my shoulder issue has come back to haunt me.

If you have arm issues, but still want to try out this racquet, then I'd definitely recommend stringing it up with either a multi-filament/natural gut or do a hybrid set up.

As I sit here typing with a ice pack on my shoulder, I will still stand behind the Slazenger Pro Braided. In my opinion, it's that good!

Jason, TW

zumzool
10-03-2011, 01:49 PM
Yes. Hmm, how should I put this? I LOVE this racquet! We just finished shooting our review video for it so I've been hitting consistently with it for a while now. It's very easy to swing and has a solid and crisp feel. Even though it's very maneuverable, there is still enough weight that I don't feel like the racquet gets over powered. For the majority of the playtest, I used either a full multi setup or hybrid and had no problems. Just recently, I strung it up with a full set of poly. I think it might be a combination of the full poly as well as too much time on the court lately, but my shoulder issue has come back to haunt me.

If you have arm issues, but still want to try out this racquet, then I'd definitely recommend stringing it up with either a multi-filament/natural gut or do a hybrid set up.

As I sit here typing with a ice pack on my shoulder, I will still stand behind the Slazenger Pro Braided. In my opinion, it's that good!

Jason, TW

How does this racquet compare to the London in terms of power, feel, and dwell time?

Thanks for the input.

TW Staff
10-03-2011, 05:02 PM
How does this racquet compare to the London in terms of power, feel, and dwell time?

Thanks for the input.

I'd say that the power level is pretty even. The feel of the Slazenger is more crisp and solid whereas the London offers more of a softer, more muted response. The dwell time is longer on the London, I could definitely feel the flex in the racquet with each hit. Even the the Pro Braided has a higher swingweight, it doesn't feel like it at all. It feels very fast and mobile, just like the London.

Jason, TW

tonibabes
03-14-2012, 11:02 AM
Hi Jason! I'm just wondering what kind of Brace/Support/Strap do you use when you had a Tennis Elbow. What do you recommend?

TW Staff
03-14-2012, 12:40 PM
Hi Jason! I'm just wondering what kind of Brace/Support/Strap do you use when you had a Tennis Elbow. What do you recommend?

For a while I was using a tennis elbow strap, similar to this one:
http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpage.html?PCODE=TEBB

I haven't dealt with tennis elbow in a while now (knock on wood), but the last time I did, I used kinesio tape, and it worked well.
http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpage.html?PCODE=KTEXGOW

Here is a video on how to tape for it:
http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/kinesiotape.html?vidcode=LC005

Good luck!

Jason, TW

coolblue123
03-17-2012, 02:03 PM
Hi Jason, its been at least a year since u changed over to the London, have u changed sticks since?

TW Staff
03-19-2012, 05:48 PM
Hi Jason, its been at least a year since u changed over to the London, have u changed sticks since?

Ha. Funny you should ask. I've been itching to switch for the past few months and toyed with a few racquets like the Slazenger Pro Braided, Head Youtek IG Prestige S, Dunlop Biomimetic 400 Tour and the Wilson BLX Juice 100. But recently, I find myself grabbing a leaded up Volkl Organix V1 MP. I love the feel and spin I can put on my shots. I now have it weighted up to 11.1 ounces with a swingweight of 306.

Who knows what I'll be using in a week, 2 weeks from now. I just got a first look at the Organix 9 and the Boris Becker NYC. Can't wait to try those out!

Jason, TW

coolblue123
03-21-2012, 08:07 PM
what a coincedence! I've been eyeing the nyc as well. I've heard alot of great things as well. it seems like many racquet companies are toying with 27.25 racquets. I've read the specs in the latest issue on rsa magazine and ur right. there are many racquets with specs I'd like to hit with as well.
any news on when the NYC is going on presale? I've been saving my Xmas gc for this stick.

TW Staff
03-22-2012, 09:52 AM
Pre-sale for those racquets is mid-April, around 4/15.

Jason, TW

coolblue123
03-23-2012, 11:46 AM
sweet! ur the best. I will be the first one on the list on the presale!

coolblue123
04-02-2012, 08:10 AM
Hi Jason, was that a NYC you were sporting in the April fool's TW vid? If so, how do you like it?
If so, how would you compare to the V1 midplus?
Like to ask which is better in:
bigger sweetspot?
power?
control?
serves?
thx!

TW Staff
04-03-2012, 10:14 AM
Hi Jason, was that a NYC you were sporting in the April fool's TW vid? If so, how do you like it?
If so, how would you compare to the V1 midplus?
Like to ask which is better in:
bigger sweetspot?
power?
control?
serves?
thx!

Good eye! Yes, I was using the Boris Becker NYC. I've only had one hitting session with it so far but I am really liking it. The sweetspot is generous and there is plenty of power and spin. The Organix V1 still feels a bit softer and muted in my opinion. I'll take it out again this week to get a better feel for it. But so far so good!

Jason, TW

coolblue123
04-04-2012, 07:39 PM
Good eye! Yes, I was using the Boris Becker NYC. I've only had one hitting session with it so far but I am really liking it. The sweetspot is generous and there is plenty of power and spin. The Organix V1 still feels a bit softer and muted in my opinion. I'll take it out again this week to get a better feel for it. But so far so good!

Jason, TW

I am envying ur job! do tell the comparison!

coolblue123
05-30-2012, 11:02 AM
Hey Jason. Have you done any mods to the NYC? if so, please share! I just ordered one to try.
Also, when's the review coming out? Dying to hear your comments!

TW Staff
05-30-2012, 11:23 AM
I haven't been able to add lead tape to the NYC yet because we haven't wrapped up the review yet. As soon as we shoot the video, you better believe I'm adding about .5 ounces to the racquet!

We were actually supposed to shoot the review today, but due to some injured playtesters, we had to re-schedule for next week.

So look for the review, at least the video portion, to be posted in about 2 weeks.

Jason, TW

coolblue123
05-30-2012, 12:15 PM
I haven't been able to add lead tape to the NYC yet because we haven't wrapped up the review yet. As soon as we shoot the video, you better believe I'm adding about .5 ounces to the racquet!

We were actually supposed to shoot the review today, but due to some injured playtesters, we had to re-schedule for next week.

So look for the review, at least the video portion, to be posted in about 2 weeks.

Jason, TW

Thanks J! Please let me know where you plan to place the lead at? Someone whom had already playtested the NYC placed very little lead on the NYC and got some really good results (pls see thread link below). Just wanted to see that when you played with heavy paced hitters like Chris and Sean, if the NYC felt alittle pushed back due to the lighter weight? Sorry to hear about the injured playtester, hope he or she a speedy recovery (I am still nursing several torn ligaments on ankle) I always wonder how you guys stay healthy while playing so many kinds of racquets? At least for me, it takes alittle bit of time for my body to adjust to the racquet.

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showpost.php?p=6561539&postcount=59

coolblue123
07-26-2012, 04:05 AM
Hi J:
How's the NYC going? What was your lead configuration? I've settled on .8 oz of lead. .4 spread around the throat and bridge, a tad at 12, and the rest to counterbalance on the handle.
Since the racquet is so comfy, I am going to try Cyclone 18g on there. So far, I had alot of success with Dunlop Hexy Fiber 17g (doesn't last a long time but feels and bites really well)

TW Staff
07-26-2012, 02:33 PM
Hi J:
How's the NYC going? What was your lead configuration? I've settled on .8 oz of lead. .4 spread around the throat and bridge, a tad at 12, and the rest to counterbalance on the handle.
Since the racquet is so comfy, I am going to try Cyclone 18g on there. So far, I had alot of success with Dunlop Hexy Fiber 17g (doesn't last a long time but feels and bites really well)

Still loving the NYC! After hitting one of Chris' sticks that head heavily leaded at the handle (check out his blog here (http://blog.tenniswarehouse.com/miscellaneous/let-the-tail-wag-the-dog/)), I decided to do that for mine. I don't know exactly how much lead tape I used, but I wrapped lead tape almost from the butt cap all the way to the end of the handle. Then I counter weighted it with just a little bit of lead at 10 and 2 o'clock. It's now around 11.7 ounces with a swingweight of 313 and 7 points head light balance.

So far so good!

Jason, TW

coolblue123
07-27-2012, 08:04 AM
Still loving the NYC! After hitting one of Chris' sticks that head heavily leaded at the handle (check out his blog here (http://blog.tenniswarehouse.com/miscellaneous/let-the-tail-wag-the-dog/)), I decided to do that for mine. I don't know exactly how much lead tape I used, but I wrapped lead tape almost from the butt cap all the way to the end of the handle. Then I counter weighted it with just a little bit of lead at 10 and 2 o'clock. It's now around 11.7 ounces with a swingweight of 313 and 7 points head light balance.

So far so good!

Jason, TW

wow, looks like you can protect yourself from Superman's x-ray vision with that stick.
i tried to put lead on some of the Delta core sides. I had some really bad results. It felt like I was hitting with some dead balls. Maybe i am putting the lead wrong. I'll try 10/2's once I get my backup stick.

coolblue123
10-06-2012, 12:50 PM
hey J, got some really great results with the NYC with the leaded handle. final weight is 12.7 oz stick with lead on 10/2/6 and another NYC on12.6 oz with 12/6. the later stick , even though had aliitle less lead on the hoop, has a heavier swing weight prob cuz of the lead at 12. I like the 10/2/6 config better.

both sticks swings a lot lighter than the numbers say.

plow is really the main attribute by this configuration. no stability issues what so ever, even mishits were very stable.

getting more adjusted with slices as my timing is still a little off. but serves were awesome. talk about effortless second serves.

zapvor
10-07-2012, 07:28 PM
12.7???? you might as well switch to a brick for your new racket

coolblue123
10-08-2012, 04:27 AM
12.7???? you might as well switch to a brick for your new racket

nah, bricked, is what I did to my old cellphone last week.

it feels really good swinging with it. try it next time when we go hit.

did I mention my secret identity as a caveman? when not playing, I use the stick to go hunt dinosaurs.

zapvor
10-08-2012, 11:45 PM
hahahha thats what i am saying! you can knock out anything with something that heavy.

you get a new phone?

coolblue123
10-09-2012, 06:16 AM
hahahha thats what i am saying! you can knock out anything with something that heavy.

you get a new phone?

yeah. just got one. wasn't happy that, although my cellphone maybe smart, but it certainly was not durable.

zapvor
10-09-2012, 09:08 AM
uh oh. what did you get

Andyroo10567
10-09-2012, 09:41 PM
yeah. just got one. wasn't happy that, although my cellphone maybe smart, but it certainly was not durable.

Motorola Defy is a great durable smart phone. I loved throwing this bad boy out with a 2 layered case on the court for some "testing". :)

coolblue123
10-10-2012, 04:08 AM
Broke down and got a Galaxy S3.
IMO, the best thing they did was to add the Power Save feature.
It's alot better than all the one's I used for my EVO.

It's been 36 hrs and Iam at 55% juice. Only bad thing is when it's time to replace the battery, that NFC battery is going to cost me at least $30, hope it'll get cheaper when I need to replace it.

But yeah, I got a ala Taco Bell double decker Case as well.
hard shell outside, soft shell inside. Trying to make it 4 yr old durable.