PDA

View Full Version : question about shipping racquet!

austen5566
09-26-2011, 09:58 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi, i just want to know what is the best way to ship a tennis racquet. I shipped before by using usps, i choosed the package option(not any flat rate) by using my own tennis box,which are charged by the weight and dimension, this only costed me 5bucks.

Now i have to ship a racquet, but i dont have any boxes. I heard a lot people said that you can use two priority medium flat rate box and tape them together.
Can i use the two medium flat rate boxes and still use the package option? or if i use this method , i have to ship it as medium flat rate.

I ask this question because someone told me that if i use two medium flat rate box to ship racquet, i have to ship it as medium flat rate, which cost a lot more.

rufusbgood
09-26-2011, 10:26 AM
Do not use flat rate boxes. The post office will charge you for the flat rate on both boxes, in other words they will charge you double. Use the regular Priority Mail boxes.

loosegroove
09-26-2011, 11:54 PM
Yeah, use the regular priority boxes. They are pretty similar in size to the medium flat rate ones, but they don't say "flat rate" on them. And shipping priority for $5 will only be the case if it's fairly local. If it's going across the country (or even half way across) it will be closer to $10. You can look up rates at usps.com