nextbigbigthing1
09-28-2011, 01:04 AM
? nominations

halalula1234
09-28-2011, 07:04 AM
monica seles!

TennisCJC
09-28-2011, 07:16 AM
To me this is a no brainer. The most taleneted pro is Roger Federer with honorable mentions to John McEnroe and Rod Laver.

Most of the other pros make the game look difficult. These guys made it look easy and graceful. McEnroe may be the best 50+ year old player in the world to this date. Laver was a small guy that had a total and complete game with great touch and power.

Federer in full flight is just amazing - I have been playing and watching tennis sense the 70s and have never seen anything close.

TennisCJC
09-28-2011, 07:19 AM
Seles was cool but I cannot put her in the most talented category. She worked too hard on the court and depended too much on baseline power.

I like Graf and Navratilova for most talended females. Complete games, variety, power, touch, athleticism, and just great to watch.

mightyrick
09-28-2011, 07:21 AM
Too vague of a question. Most talented up-and-comer? Most talented off all time? Most talented of the modern era?

greystar403
09-28-2011, 06:39 PM
FEDERER!

But i think MARAT SAFIN had more talent than fed.

The only thing that stopped marat from reaching his full potential was his mental aspects of the game. If he werent so angry all the time, he wouldve won more titles and slams. :)

Xizel
09-28-2011, 06:43 PM
What is talent?

You got guys like Nalbandian and Safin who strikes the ball with extreme skills, and also Federer who has great efficiency in every part of his game.

SoBad
09-28-2011, 06:47 PM
monica seles!

Seles is much more talented than Graf or Federer, but not as talented as players like Dolgopolov. He has better serve, better forehand, much more biting slice, and can do more damage at the net than Monica.

Xizel
09-28-2011, 07:02 PM
Seles is much more talented than Graf or Federer, but not as talented as players like Dolgopolov. He has better serve, better forehand, much more biting slice, and can do more damage at the net than Monica.

38% first serve at USO against Djokovic... I just can't imagine that toss and quick service motion not contributing to the problem.

SoBad
09-28-2011, 07:08 PM
38% first serve at USO against Djokovic... I just can't imagine that toss and quick service motion not contributing to the problem.

He was injured and was barely playing. If he was at anywhere close to his normal performance level he would have beaten Djokovic easily in straight sets.

Xizel
09-28-2011, 07:22 PM
He was injured and was barely playing. If he was at anywhere close to his normal performance level he would have beaten Djokovic easily in straight sets.

I'll leave the discussion here, since it's not the General section.

SoBad
09-28-2011, 07:29 PM
I'll leave the discussion here, since it's not the General section.

I think this is a wise decision on your part. Tough to argue against a straight flush;)

Andres
09-29-2011, 02:35 AM
Mansour Bahrami. He can do things with that ball we can't even imagine.

fantasticfed
09-29-2011, 02:59 AM
Mansour Bahrami. He can do things with that ball we can't even imagine.

Saw him a couple of years ago in Australia with Henri Leconte. Best tennis match I've seen!

Andres
10-01-2011, 02:28 AM
Saw him a couple of years ago in Australia with Henri Leconte. Best tennis match I've seen!
Out of this world shotmaking!

Datacipher
10-01-2011, 04:20 AM

Henri Leconte is definitely one of the most talented players I've ever seen. Along with Mcenroe, Rios and maybe Sampras. Honorable mentions to Federer, Edberg, Nastase....too many to mention really....

SystemicAnomaly
10-01-2011, 07:20 AM
Love the inclusion of Bahrami, Nastase and Leconte. Might also add some other very athletic and innovative French players to this list - (Yannick) Noah, Gasquet, Monfils, & Tsonga.

Seles is much more talented than Graf or Federer...

You can't be serious!

Seles' game was too 1-dimensional. She appeared to have only 1 mode -- hitting the ball as hard as she could from the baseline, even in practice. I recall a story where Courier has asked to warm up with her. He ended up giving up after a while, in disgust, because she was just trying to hit winners instead of warming up properly (in a more gradual, cooperative manner). Nalbandian, Graf, Federer, Safin, and others have much more talent/variety in their games that Seles.

tennis-kid
10-01-2011, 12:31 PM
+1 for Federer but I like to nominate Sampras for his amazing serve. Also, Henin deserve to be the talented one. She can eat up all female players easily if not injury. I love Monica sales. she is so modest. I would say she works hard rather than talent.

rofl_copter3
10-01-2011, 02:44 PM
Federer is obviously up there along with Pete Sampras. Marat Safin had as much potential as either of them though. John McEnroe had the fastest reflexes ever, which can not be substituted for either.

Its tough to say one most talented played, there have been so many...

rkelley
10-01-2011, 04:53 PM
To me this is a no brainer. The most taleneted pro is Roger Federer with honorable mentions to John McEnroe and Rod Laver.

Most of the other pros make the game look difficult. These guys made it look easy and graceful. McEnroe may be the best 50+ year old player in the world to this date. Laver was a small guy that had a total and complete game with great touch and power.

Federer in full flight is just amazing - I have been playing and watching tennis sense the 70s and have never seen anything close.

Agreed with the addition of Pete Sampras. The guy was really incredible. When he was in the zone he was as good as vintage Roger, but Roger was in the zone for about 4 years continuously. Like TennisCJC said, I've never seen anyone consistently, over years, hit the shots that he hit.

Let's not forget the women. Graf was a great athlete, but I think there are a few others with more tennis talent. Navratilova has to be one of the most talented human beings to ever pick-up a tennis racquet, but I think I might give the nod to Henin. She was insanely talented. She could go head to head with women who were 4-6 inches taller and probably 20-40 pounds heavier. I think it's scary to contemplate how much more she might have dominated the game with even just two more inches and 10 more pounds.