09-30-2011, 10:45 AM
Omg........!

tes
09-30-2011, 10:48 AM
USTA 3.0 at most...

LeeD
09-30-2011, 11:04 AM
Moral of the story.
While most top players can certainly volley off both sides, it's their FOREHAND volley side that you have to watch out for.
Except Swedes, of course.

mightyrick
09-30-2011, 11:14 AM
Good old Romanian volley.

thug the bunny
09-30-2011, 11:26 AM
Those guys suck. The ball hit the ground a couple times.

dozu
09-30-2011, 12:41 PM
my forearm felt sore just from watching this stuff.

q4short
09-30-2011, 12:59 PM
Veddy nice!! Did that guy across the net want more and guy in black say he's done at the end? A breather, 5 min at least! ;)

bageler
09-30-2011, 03:29 PM
WOW! Insane volleies, but would you expect any less from the Bryan Brothers?

Limpinhitter
09-30-2011, 03:37 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAWYts-5Zs0&feature=channel_video_title

OK, that was pretty good!

MarinaHighTennis
09-30-2011, 03:52 PM
Haha one of them was angry the other "gave up"

FearOfTheDark
10-02-2011, 03:06 PM
They are the number 1 doubles team in the world, what else do you expect? ;)

rjw
10-02-2011, 07:39 PM
Seriously cool....

toly
10-02-2011, 09:46 PM
Both of them are losers, because they cannot play winners.

Fed Kennedy
10-02-2011, 10:00 PM
Strong 4.0s

rjw
10-02-2011, 10:05 PM
Strong 4.0s

you think? and self-rated?

Caesar
10-02-2011, 10:15 PM
I don't see what's so special about it. I mean, I imagine this is a fairly standard doubles drill at the top level.

Timbo's hopeless slice
10-02-2011, 10:18 PM
it's nice to have the vid, though.

Lol @ Dave McPherson just hanging in the background there with a smirk on his face (in the blue)

aimr75
10-02-2011, 10:35 PM
it's nice to have the vid, though.

Ive seen a similar vid of the brothers doing the romanian volley drill.. here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nH2l9khi5RU

Power Player
10-02-2011, 10:49 PM
I don't see what's so special about it. I mean, I imagine this is a fairly standard doubles drill at the top level.

These are 2 of the best volleyers in the world. That is what makes it special. Or are they not attractive enough for you? lol.

rjw
10-02-2011, 10:55 PM
These are 2 of the best volleyers in the world. That is what makes it special. Or are they not attractive enough for you? lol.

too funny...

rockaholik
10-03-2011, 01:55 AM
Wow they cant just put the ball away

rjw
10-03-2011, 05:31 AM
What's that got to do with anything?

You might have a bit more respect for their skills?

Caesar
10-03-2011, 06:27 AM
I have respect for their skills. I just don't find this to be a particularly impressive demonstration of them.

It's like I'm not flabbergasted when I see Federer beat some guy off the Futures tour.

[ GTR ]
10-03-2011, 06:35 AM
Amazing stuff...

rjw
10-03-2011, 09:41 AM
I have respect for their skills. I just don't find this to be a particularly impressive demonstration of them.

It's like I'm not flabbergasted when I see Federer beat some guy off the Futures tour.

Still think you should try the exercise to how how you do/compare

Datacipher
10-03-2011, 02:09 PM
Still think you should try the exercise to how how you do/compare

Why? Ceasar is correct. Whether one likes this vid or not, whether one is impressed or not, this isn't a particularly demanding drill for a pro player.

LeeD
10-03-2011, 02:16 PM
It's a cool drill for sure, but demanding? Depends if the tennis player can volley, or not.
And of course, both guys are trying to sustain the volley rally, so no shots hard into the handcuff zone, if they can avoid it.
Some pros actually don't volley well, and would have trouble doing a good simulation of the drill.

rjw
10-03-2011, 02:17 PM
Why? Ceasar is correct. Whether one likes this vid or not, whether one is impressed or not, this isn't a particularly demanding drill for a pro player.

are you speaking from first hand experience?

Datacipher
10-03-2011, 02:43 PM
are you speaking from first hand experience?

Yes, I have coached some world-class juniors, and a lot of lesser juniors, and many of them are more than capable of doing this drill.

I'm not sure what you're disputing....you DOUBT that it isn't an especially demanding drill for a pro??

I can do this drill....I'd miss a bit more than the Bryan boys, and I'd have to concentrate a lot harder, but if you give me a few chances I'd do it pretty well at least once. I'm FAR FAR from a pro....LOL

Datacipher
10-03-2011, 02:43 PM
Some pros actually don't volley well, and would have trouble doing a good simulation of the drill.

Clueless. As usual.

rjw
10-03-2011, 02:53 PM
Yes, I have coached some world-class juniors, and a lot of lesser juniors, and many of them are more than capable of doing this drill.

I'm not sure what you're disputing....you DOUBT that it isn't an especially demanding drill for a pro??

I can do this drill....I'd miss a bit more than the Bryan boys, and I'd have to concentrate a lot harder, but if you give me a few chances I'd do it pretty well at least once. I'm FAR FAR from a pro....LOL

Those guys just seem to do it so effortlessly, so for MANY, myself included, it could seem somewhat impressive.

But everything is subjective, I suppose.

Some are impressed by race cars at over 200 mph, I'm not...been there and done that.

r2473
10-03-2011, 02:55 PM

We'll be waiting for the video post. Either of yourself or your students.

Sounds like its easy as ***** for pretty much anyone / everyone.

rjw
10-03-2011, 03:09 PM
I just watched it again and counted over 150 hits....I also would like to see a video of some juniors doing this anywhere near as well.

I'll bring the popcorn

Timbo's hopeless slice
10-03-2011, 03:15 PM
Well, I coach a couple of national squad 14s and I'd be pretty impressed if they were able to sustain that drill at that tempo for even 50 shots. No pace? Watch it again...

Meh, this place.

Datacipher
10-03-2011, 03:57 PM
Those guys just seem to do it so effortlessly, so for MANY, myself included, it could seem somewhat impressive.

But everything is subjective, I suppose.

Some are impressed by race cars at over 200 mph, I'm not...been there and done that.

Right. It is subjective. I personally find it impressive, but, other pros likely wouldn't find it that way at all. Yes, as I said, they do look very effortless as pros often do. I always find that impressive about pros doing drills.

I just watched it again and counted over 150 hits....I also would like to see a video of some juniors doing this anywhere near as well.

I'll bring the popcorn

OK....man...it's stuff like this where you lose it again! Again...that's a great number....do you think it's a record for the Bryan's. You think other pros would be in awe or unable to do that? Yes, a lot of top juniors could do that, even though the volley is a bit of a lost art in match play. You seem to be vacillating between realizing that pros do stuff like this all the time....and confounding that with the ability of amateurs.....

Power Player
10-03-2011, 04:01 PM
Nobody you coach, or who Cay-Sar has hit with volleys anything like those guys. They are incredible at volleying and have warp speed hands and incredible racquet control.

That is why people enjoy the clip. But you guys are welcome to post vid of yourselves owning this drill for comparison.

Datacipher
10-03-2011, 04:02 PM
We'll be waiting for the video post. Either of yourself or your students.

Sounds like its easy as ***** for pretty much anyone / everyone.

Hoping this is a joke....I wouldn't even know where to begin.

1.nobody said it was easy "$****"

2.not sure how either the ability of myself or my students has anything to do with any issues in this thread....again...you're now riffing off a non sequitur statement another poster made

Well...that's a start. Please...think it through before you post. The following does not make sense:

OMG! OMG! OMG! They are the best volleyers in the world!

Well, really, any pro can do this....it doesn't really show off their skills/talent relative to other pros.

Oh YEAH?! Let's see you do it!!!

Datacipher
10-03-2011, 04:03 PM
Nobody you coach, or who Cay-Sar has hit with volleys anything like those guys. They are incredible at volleying and have warp speed hands and incredible racquet control.

That is why people enjoy the clip. But you guys are welcome to post vid of yourselves owning this drill for comparison.

PP....the few posts I've read from you before, seemed grounded. Are you being sarcastic here? :-)

Datacipher
10-03-2011, 04:05 PM
Really some off-the-wall reactions in this thread!

Just out of curiosity, what do you think of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DR_uJe5IvL4&feature=results_video&playnext=1&list=PL36CDD8DF03B19FB8

LeeD
10-03-2011, 05:14 PM
Ah, Data being his usual jovial humble self again....
Yes, there are pros who do not volley well. They tend to be female, but can be male, and tend to stay back at the baseline, never enter doubles tourneys, and are basically lost at the net.
One example... AndyRoddick. He's a sick volleyer playing someone well below his level, but match him up to a top 20, which he is, his volleys get tentative, short, and very meek.
You know I"m an old timer. Back in the later '70's, a very charming 18 year old Asian lady WON the CanadianOpen, women's pro class. Look it up. She volleyed with an eastern forehand, 2hbh backhand of ebh strong hand and eFh weak hand, DID enter doubles tourneys, and self admitted she hated the net because there's too much quick movement and reflex action. Yes, I "knew" her.
And do you think TomasMuster was a great volleyer? He certainly could volley up to the 5.5 level, but he was a top 7.0. See my 3rd sentence.
And yes, Nadal IS a 7.0 level volleyer nowadaze.

r2473
10-03-2011, 05:49 PM
Hoping this is a joke....I wouldn't even know where to begin.

1.nobody said it was easy "$****"

2.not sure how either the ability of myself or my students has anything to do with any issues in this thread....again...you're now riffing off a non sequitur statement another poster made

Well...that's a start. Please...think it through before you post. The following does not make sense:

OMG! OMG! OMG! They are the best volleyers in the world!

Well, really, any pro can do this....it doesn't really show off their skills/talent relative to other pros.

Oh YEAH?! Let's see you do it!!!

You said that both yourself and the juniors you coach are capable of doing this. Did I read you wrong? I quoted your post.

So, I figured it must be pretty easy if you and your students could do that.

rjw
10-03-2011, 07:14 PM
Everybody needs to blow a little smoke, once in a while, no biggie....

MarinaHighTennis
10-03-2011, 07:19 PM
Really some off-the-wall reactions in this thread!

Just out of curiosity, what do you think of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DR_uJe5IvL4&feature=results_video&playnext=1&list=PL36CDD8DF03B19FB8
dayyyyyyyyyummm

Cheetah
10-03-2011, 11:39 PM
That girl on the wall is impressive. But it's not as impressive as the volley drill from the OP. she's stationary and the ball is coming off the wall at regular intervals at pretty much the same height every time. big difference.

Datacipher
10-04-2011, 04:18 AM
Ah, Data being his usual jovial humble self again....
Yes, there are pros who do not volley well. They tend to be female, but can be male, and tend to stay back at the baseline, never enter doubles tourneys, and are basically lost at the net.
One example... AndyRoddick. He's a sick volleyer playing someone well below his level, but match him up to a top 20, which he is, his volleys get tentative, short, and very meek.
You know I"m an old timer. Back in the later '70's, a very charming 18 year old Asian lady WON the CanadianOpen, women's pro class. Look it up. She volleyed with an eastern forehand, 2hbh backhand of ebh strong hand and eFh weak hand, DID enter doubles tourneys, and self admitted she hated the net because there's too much quick movement and reflex action. Yes, I "knew" her.
And do you think TomasMuster was a great volleyer? He certainly could volley up to the 5.5 level, but he was a top 7.0. See my 3rd sentence.
And yes, Nadal IS a 7.0 level volleyer nowadaze.

It's a cool drill for sure, but demanding? Depends if the tennis player can volley, or not.
And of course, both guys are trying to sustain the volley rally, so no shots hard into the handcuff zone, if they can avoid it.

Thanks for demonstrating once again that you are both full of BS, and have no CLUE what pro tennis is like. If you think Roddick or Muster would be stymied by this drill.....unreal...

Datacipher
10-04-2011, 04:23 AM
That girl on the wall is impressive. But it's not as impressive as the volley drill from the OP. she's stationary and the ball is coming off the wall at regular intervals at pretty much the same height every time. big difference.

Actually I find it quite a bit more impressive. The control and racquet speed is MUCH MUCH higher.

It is completely impractical in that: 1. the drill is about anticipation of her own shot 2.you never have volley exchanges like that...

...but in terms of showcasing racquet head control, and a LOT of drilling/practice, I find it more impressive.

There's actually a LOT of leeway in what the Bryans are doing....

Datacipher
10-04-2011, 04:28 AM
You said that both yourself and the juniors you coach are capable of doing this. Did I read you wrong? I quoted your post.

So, I figured it must be pretty easy if you and your students could do that.

Right. It's actually quite doable for anybody over 5.0...bear in mind that the two students I was thinking of: 1.beat Roddick (multiple times in practice) and Federer in the juniors, made the late rounds of Orange bowl 3.played with an ATP #1.

But yeah...I'd expect ANY 2 6.0's for example to do this drill reasonably well...again...as I said, they might not do it with the "ease" of the Bryans, but do it they could...as Ceasar said, it's hardly exclusive to the Bryan's talent....

Datacipher
10-04-2011, 04:45 AM
dayyyyyyyyyummm

Yeah, this one is actually better:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cThQIhFSZk&feature=related

Though this too is hardly exclusive to Black...

I guess it's nice that many people are appreciating the Bryan's ability there...even if that is not reflective of their elite ability....

But what people don't realize is that, in falsely canonizing that relatively accessible drill, they actually belittle the Bryan's true ability...as well as the ability of all the pros....

It would be like watching Sampras bomb a couple 130mph serves and hit a couple cones and then saying "WOW...THAT is why he's the greatest server....unreal!!! It's the amost amazing thing Martha...look at what Pete did!!!!! @*!K!!$ Johnny tennis warehouse can't do that! Only the GOAT can do THAT!!"

What they don't realize is that...no....every pro can do that (not necessarily as easily or as consistently over the long haul of course)....that isn't what makes Pete's serve great, and actually, it is slightly insulting to presume/insinuate that it is reflective of their true ability.

Or going to Usain Bolt after he does some 11 sec. runs in practice....or Roddick after he hits a 125mph serve in a serving drill....or.....

Anyways, no harm done, but yes, pro drills are impressive, yes, all pros could do this drill (and many many 5.0+ players), and yes...that's exactly why the Bryans are making it look easy!

r2473
10-04-2011, 09:24 AM
Right. It's actually quite doable for anybody over 5.0...bear in mind that the two students I was thinking of: 1.beat Roddick (multiple times in practice) and Federer in the juniors, made the late rounds of Orange bowl 3.played with an ATP #1.

But yeah...I'd expect ANY 2 6.0's for example to do this drill reasonably well...again...as I said, they might not do it with the "ease" of the Bryans, but do it they could...as Ceasar said, it's hardly exclusive to the Bryan's talent....

Ah. That's not quite how I understood you the first time.

LeeD
10-04-2011, 12:33 PM
Yeah, sure. ElenaDementiava (your gotta give her props to qualify as PRO), and MonikaSeles (well she WAS a 7.0 PRO) could volley just like that.

rjw
10-04-2011, 12:39 PM
Yeah, this one is actually better:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cThQIhFSZk&feature=related

Though this too is hardly exclusive to Black...

I guess it's nice that many people are appreciating the Bryan's ability there...even if that is not reflective of their elite ability....

But what people don't realize is that, in falsely canonizing that relatively accessible drill, they actually belittle the Bryan's true ability...as well as the ability of all the pros....

It would be like watching Sampras bomb a couple 130mph serves and hit a couple cones and then saying "WOW...THAT is why he's the greatest server....unreal!!! It's the amost amazing thing Martha...look at what Pete did!!!!! @*!K!!$ Johnny tennis warehouse can't do that! Only the GOAT can do THAT!!"

What they don't realize is that...no....every pro can do that (not necessarily as easily or as consistently over the long haul of course)....that isn't what makes Pete's serve great, and actually, it is slightly insulting to presume/insinuate that it is reflective of their true ability.

Or going to Usain Bolt after he does some 11 sec. runs in practice....or Roddick after he hits a 125mph serve in a serving drill....or.....

Anyways, no harm done, but yes, pro drills are impressive, yes, all pros could do this drill (and many many 5.0+ players), and yes...that's exactly why the Bryans are making it look easy!

I think you should quit while you're kind of ahead....go away and take the other total whackjob with you.

or produce video evidence of you and him or any 2 of your juniors even coming close to what was on the original video.

dr325i
10-04-2011, 12:41 PM
Yeah, sure. ElenaDementiava (your gotta give her props to qualify as PRO), and MonikaSeles (well she WAS a 7.0 PRO) could volley just like that.

why do you have issues separating first from the last name?

LeeD
10-04-2011, 12:42 PM
The space bar only works on the right side, so when that thumb get's tired, I don't bother to space.
My new Toshiba is coming any day now. You may hold your breathe until it arrives.

maggmaster
10-04-2011, 12:47 PM
That is so strange that it only happens on names...

LeeD
10-04-2011, 12:49 PM
Gotta draw the line somewhere, and now this computer is about 80% working on the right side space bar, taking me two minutes to type this.

Datacipher
10-04-2011, 08:03 PM

YOU HAVE NO CLUE what these pros are like.

However, I do love how you've stooped to picking women (Oh damn...Roddick and Muster CAN do that??!)....as long-timers on the board know, I rarely talk about women players, as i don't consider them world-class, but you disservice them by talking about them this way, just as you belittled Roddick, Muster, and all the other pros in your previous post.

LEED: Hmm....desperation time....how about I pick a WOMAN who hit 2 handed off both sides...yeah!! That's it!!! That will save face!! That's representative of "pros"!!! Now nobody will see I don't have a clue what world-class pros can do!!

Timbo's hopeless slice
10-04-2011, 08:24 PM
Seriously, while the Bryans do it really well, the drill itself IS pretty common.

here are some club guys: http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=ALFvS7OxYwU

Datacipher
10-04-2011, 08:31 PM
Ah. That's not quite how I understood you the first time.

OK, well that's fine, but nothing's changed. In the first post you responded to, I clearly specified "world class juniors".

Datacipher
10-04-2011, 08:40 PM
I think you should quit while you're kind of ahead....go away and take the other total whackjob with you.

or produce video evidence of you and him or any 2 of your juniors even coming close to what was on the original video.

No thanks Mr. Big Mouth! I'll post when I like! As you can see...many people who have been around tennis for a while know what I'm talking about.

You're free to believe only the Bryans can do that...and that this truly shows the heights of their talent. Nobody can stop you! LOL

Datacipher
10-04-2011, 08:51 PM
Seriously, while the Bryans do it really well, the drill itself IS pretty common.

here are some club guys: http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=ALFvS7OxYwU

It truly is....and at 5.0+ levels...you see....people can do it extremely well...especially the natural volleyers who do the drill regularly. Any pro can certainly do it, and in short order, do it extremely well!

It's possible the Bryans are the best in the world at it....but that isn't really determinable from the vid....the drill just doesn't demand it. Plus maybe they'll 25 balls next time (lose concentration, random error)...or maybe 500 (I like the guy who noted his sore forearm! ;-) But then again, so will Leander Paes, Scott Humphries, Jim Courier, Djokovic, and random 6.0 players....

If they really focus on it....they'll get rallies going until....well until they want to die from boredom....the drill just isn't demanding enough to separate talent at that level....well unless you change it up maybe...play KILLER romanian drill or something where you try to hit the other guy? LOL
No, seriously, if you just start volleying faster and more aggressively, you'll see more of their ability...but inherently...this is a cooperation drill...you're always managing your shot....actually some might be amazed how many 4.5's could do this very well with a Bryan....the Bryans can feed back nice balls for the 4.5, and manage a lot of sloppy shots from the 4.5. All he needs to do is get it back in the right general direction!

Anyways, it's always fun to watch the pros do any drill....even the most mundane ones...usually because you can see just how easy they make it look and how comfortable with a racquet they truly are. Not like us...I got to be a pretty good player.......but you see amazing things from them if around long enough...the product of countless years and hours on a tennis court...from the earliest memories! Like for example...it wouldn't be shocking to see two pros do this...maybe not quite as well as that vid, but still do the drill....with their non-dominant hands!! I've seen top juniors who could play with their weak-hand and look 4.5-5.0ish!

rjw
10-04-2011, 09:30 PM
No thanks Mr. Big Mouth! I'll post when I like! As you can see...many people who have been around tennis for a while know what I'm talking about.

You're free to believe only the Bryans can do that...and that this truly shows the heights of their talent. Nobody can stop you! LOL

There you go with your total BS again, assuming that you know what I believe and/or what everyone else thinks.

Please show me EXACTLY where I said this, in this thread or anywhere else for that matter.

Let's do a quick recap of this thread

1) Someone posts a link to the Bryan brothers doing a drill and they happen to be at the top of the pro tennis world in doubles

2) Others, including myself simply comment that we are impressed.

3) You chime in that you have juniors who can easily do this stuff and that it's not impressive at all. You come to the defense of one of your 'many people who have been around tennis for a while', who happens to be interested in starting threads where he can argue about pro player's nose hairs.

4) Some question your statements, but you choose to back off, re-phrase, and don't accept any challenges to back up your views. Instead, you throw up smoke and mirror links to videos that are markedly less impressive.

5) The drill may be very common, others may execute at similar levels, and the Bryan brothers are possibly 2 of the best doubles players on the planet .

So who are you, what EXACTLY are your credentials, why should anyone value your opinion on the actual skills required to perform as the Bryans can, and who DIED and left you to reign over the rest of us lowly plebes?

Next you'll post a link to a pair of toddlers with bolo bats to add further proof that you are simply....

a Mental Midget

In short, put up or shut up

Datacipher
10-04-2011, 09:48 PM
Next you'll post a link to a pair of toddlers with bolo bats but you'll still be a Mental Midget.

Trying to bully people by telling them to not post didn't work, so now you just go straight to schoolboy insults?

Grow up.

Insult posts with no point, no content. at all....it's just a waste of everyone's time.

rjw
10-05-2011, 08:02 AM
Trying to bully people by telling them to not post didn't work, so now you just go straight to schoolboy insults?

Grow up.

Insult posts with no point, no content. at all....it's just a waste of everyone's time.

Just for the record, you started with the schoolboy name calling 'Mr. Big Mouth'.

I think that we can simply agree to disagree....

Datacipher
10-05-2011, 08:33 AM
Just for the record, you started with the schoolboy name calling 'Mr. Big Mouth'.

ROFL! "agree to disagree..."!! Well...glad you've realized that the schoolboy tactics won't work.

Don't compound it with more lies though...."just for the record"...that post was a direct response to your content-free post which I will post in it's entirety below. Note, both the name-calling AND the bully tactics for which the "mr. Big Mouth" refers to.

Nice try, we aren't that stupid.

rjw
10-05-2011, 08:42 AM
ROFL! "agree to disagree..."!! Well...glad you've realized that the schoolboy tactics won't work.

Don't compound it with more lies though...."just for the record"...that post was a direct response to your content-free post which I will post in it's entirety below. Note, both the name-calling AND the bully tactics for which the "mr. Big Mouth" refers to.

I see what your problem is...you refer to yourself as 'we'

I guess that 'schizo' could also be a good adjective to describe yourself.

btw: still waiting to hear what qualifies the 2 of you to be authorities on anything related to tennis?

Povl Carstensen
10-05-2011, 08:54 AM
every pro can do that (not necessarily as easily or as consistently over the long haul of course)
That is more or less like saying that NOT every pro can do this as demonstrated here.

r2473
10-05-2011, 09:09 AM
^^EDIT: I see Povl Carstensen already cleared this up. Every pro can do it, just not nearly as well. Gee, thanks Datacipher. That's like me saying I'm not at all impressed by Federer's forehand. Afterall, I can hit a forehand, just not as well as he can.

For christ sakes.......

OK, well that's fine, but nothing's changed. In the first post you responded to, I clearly specified "world class juniors".

You also said lesser juniors........and YOU.

Are you simply saying that lots of people do this drill? Well no *****. I think what we are impressed with is how well the Bryans do this drill, not that they simply do it.

Your original post seems to suggest that world class juniors, lesser juniors can do the drill AS WELL AS the Bryans.

If that is not what you meant, then probably there is really no difference of opinion. Otherwise, I would suggest that the Bryans do this drill at a level far above the people you mentioned (including yourself).

The idea is, if you or people you coach can do this drill at this high of a level (keeping the ball going this long, at this pace, handling the difficult shots with seeming ease, etc), then please post a video.

Do you understand what I'm getting at? I'm not sure how much more clearly I can say it.

Power Player
10-05-2011, 09:35 AM
^^^

Thank you. Agreed.

rjw
10-05-2011, 09:49 AM
That is more or less like saying that NOT every pro can do this as demonstrated here.

I think that one of him agrees with this?

Datacipher
10-05-2011, 09:28 PM

Oh I see, well let me clarify...every pro can do what is shown in the video. Subjective impression of the "ease" with which they are doing it may of course vary.

As I elaborated on earlier...if we could have some kind of contest, and/or perhaps change the nature of the cooperative drill or make it more difficult in some way, perhaps the Bryan's would prove to be better at it than many/most pros.....but it's impossible to know from the video.

Datacipher
10-05-2011, 09:35 PM
^^EDIT: I see Povl Carstensen already cleared this up. Every pro can do it, just not nearly as well. Gee, thanks Datacipher.[b/] That's like me saying I'm not at all impressed by Federer's forehand. Afterall, I can hit a forehand, just not as well as he can.

For christ sakes.......

You also said lesser juniors........and YOU.

[b]Are you simply saying that lots of people do this drill? Well no *****. I think what we are impressed with is how well the Bryans do this drill, not that they simply do it.

Self-contradictory within the very same post. I have elaborated at length but you either are unable to understand my consistent stance, or you are desperately attempting to obsfucate the issue in self-defense.

I have said all along that the drill does not require an unusual amount of talent, for a pro, and even for very high level amateurs. I have also said all along that other players MAY find it more demanding to execute than the Bryans....that however, is obviously extremely difficult to measure. However, as I have also said repeatedly, I have always admired the apparent ease of all pros doing drills.

Your original post seems to suggest that world class juniors, lesser juniors can do the drill AS WELL AS the Bryans.

Another blatant lie, just as when you claimed I started the insults (I notice you ran away from that....to bad you couldn't man-up for an apology).

Below is my OP. In it, I did not suggest what you claim. LIAR.

Datacipher
10-05-2011, 09:37 PM
^^^

Thank you. Agreed.

Power Player....this is a personal note to you. Honestly, I am very shocked at your postings here. I understand that for some reason, you are very emotional about this issue, however, as I said, the few posts I've read from you before seemed level-headed. I am not sure why you would agree with this posters lies, insults, and misrepresentations.

I would be happy to converse with you about this drill, or any other related issue, but if you disagree with something I said, the please specifically quote it, and ask ME about it.

Thanks!

Datacipher
10-05-2011, 09:39 PM

btw: still waiting to hear what qualifies the 2 of you to be authorities on anything related to tennis?

No. You're misunderstanding. The "we" used here refers to the readers of the forum. I assume that your lies were an attempt to mislead readers. As I demonstrated in the posting below, your lie was easily debunked:(NOTE: it is unfortunate that you've reverted back to the childish insults and bully tactics ie. "schizo". Schizophrenia is in fact a serious mental and neurological disorder, and personally I think it rather undignified for adults to scream such silly accusations at each other. (I hope....can't imagine a grown adult going around trying to shout someone down by yelling "schizo!", due to their misunderstanding of a pronoun...though I suppose such people certainly exist). You wouldn't do this in real life, why do it online just because you can hide behind a keyboard.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________

verbouge
10-06-2011, 06:23 AM
Wow. Lots of hate for people who have never met each other. Alexander Hamilton lost his life this way. Such a waste.

I thought the video was more than impressive, and whether or not other people can do it, it's something we can all learn from with repeated views (or at least appreciate, like a masterwork of art).

Take care, you guys. This really isn't worth all the effort of seeing who can pee the farthest.

Power Player
10-06-2011, 06:32 AM
I understand that for some reason, you are very emotional about this issue,

Are you talking about me or yourself? I am not emotional at all man, not sure why you would try to frame it that way.

PimpMyGame
10-06-2011, 06:35 AM
Well, little old mortal me the tennis club hacker is very impressed with all the vids posted. Thanks very much for sharing.

rjw
10-06-2011, 06:52 AM
Data

please re-read what I said....I didn't call you a whack.....I was referring to the other guy, who truly seems to be.

Also, was not bullying, just a put up or shut up statement, which is quite common on forums, when people make claims, others want proof.

Let me try to hold out the olive branch.....

I actually have no problem with you or your opinions. This thread is really no different from most others.

Some like a racquet or string and others hate it.

Also, on Internet forums, people take 'words on a screen' the wrong way and also take it personally, and then the fighting/ bickering starts and the whole thing goes down the tubes.

So, feel free to rebutt, flame or get in the last words, I won't respond any further to this aspect of the thread.

No need to further defend your opinions, I think that everyone gets it by now.

I think that we can all agree that the video is more impressive than this thread.

Let's just move on

TennisCoachFLA
10-06-2011, 09:41 AM
Wow. Lots of hate for people who have never met each other. Alexander Hamilton lost his life this way. Such a waste.

I thought the video was more than impressive, and whether or not other people can do it, it's something we can all learn from with repeated views (or at least appreciate, like a masterwork of art).

Take care, you guys. This really isn't worth all the effort of seeing who can pee the farthest.

It is kind of silly. The Bryans were doing the drill to the extreme as far as pace, angles, duration.

I know some players than can do it quite slowly with pop ups, others can do it faster, but perhaps for 20-30-40 shots. I think if you You Tube Romanian Volley you will find examples of both.

If someone has a video of any "top juniors" or "club players" doing it for as long as the Bryans and with the same pace and angles, I would love to see it.

jht32
10-06-2011, 11:59 AM
...Nice try, we aren't that stupid.

jht32 thinks that there was some silly mud-slinging elsewhere, but this is pretty funny. jht32 thinks that anyone who refers to himself as "we" has lost it a bit.

BTW, jht32 agrees that the Bryan's video was pretty cool and impressive.

Datacipher
10-06-2011, 02:36 PM
jht32 thinks that there was some silly mud-slinging elsewhere, but this is pretty funny. jht32 thinks that anyone who refers to himself as "we" has lost it a bit.

BTW, jht32 agrees that the Bryan's video was pretty cool and impressive.

LOL! (thumbs up)

Datacipher
10-06-2011, 03:07 PM
Data

please re-read what I said....I didn't call you a whack.....I was referring to the other guy, who truly seems to be.

RIGHT.....so then then who is the "other" whackjob? Listen, own up to your words, or own up to the mistake. Don't lie about it. The words are right there:

Also, was not bullying, just a put up or shut up statement, which is quite common on forums, when people make claims, others want proof.

Let me try to hold out the olive branch.....

I actually have no problem with you or your opinions. This thread is really no different from most others.

NOPE. It's I who have said this all along, but it's you who attacked. I'll quote and requote. You can try to divert this thread for pages and pages...I"ll keep quoting you, line by line.

NOTE: RJW has now COMPLETELY REWRITTEN some of his previous posts....changing the content completely. This is actually a first for me in years and years on this forum. I have seen people edit a line or two...I have never seen anyone stoop to trying to rewrite the content of entire posts......intellectual dishonest at a new level. :-(

Also, on Internet forums, people take 'words on a screen' the wrong way and also take it personally, and then the fighting/ bickering starts and the whole thing goes down the tubes.

Oh MAN! I Guess I DID take these the "wrong way" and "personally"...I can certainly see how you meant them in a polite and civil way:

I think you should quit while you're kind of ahead....go away and take the other total whackjob with you.."

"There you go with your total BS again"

"who DIED and left you to reign over the rest of us lowly plebes?"

"to add further proof that you are simply....
a Mental Midget"

"I guess that 'schizo' could also be a good adjective to describe yourself."

No need to further defend your opinions, I think that everyone gets it by now.

Apparently not. However, I will keep repeating, and repeating and repeating. Note how my statements remain consistent, and YOU WILL NOT be successful in your attempts to lie about what I have said, or what you have said. We will keep wasting space and wasting space. I will keep keep quoting you line by line.

So, feel free to rebutt, flame or get in the last words, I won't respond any further to this aspect of the thread.

Good. Wonderful, as i had just talked about this above. As I just finished saying above: lying about what you said now, WILL NOT WORK. Your words and intent were clear, and are there for all to read. I won't back down from a bully like you...even though I think you realize now, I'll put in the time to debunk every one of your lies.

There is nothing more disgusting then a grown man who insults, and then tries to bully people on the net. Then realizing that the other person WILL take the time to debunk him, tries dishonestly to edit/obfuscate what he said. Can't even own up to his own words.....talk about weasally.

Keep it up....I',m going to start saving the pages....so don't bother re-editing anymore of your old posts.

PS. IF anyone had asked NICELY, and in the spirit of education...I probably WOULD have tried to produce a vid....even though it's an absolute no-win scenario. You're not hitting as hard as they did! Look how hard you're trying compared to them! I counted only 97 hits in your video...they did 102!!!

Note also the juniors I was talking about...were peers of RODDICK and FEDERER. I'm not even sure where they LIVE now.

I've produced vids...maybe 5 times for people on this forum: hitting fence in one bounce at under 50mph....serving with wooden racquet over 100mph....bench press in the gym....I've BEEN KNOWN to do this. Every time I did though...I talked about it with them privately, and generally I did it for those who genuinely seemed to want to talk about it maturely. Otherwise, why waste my time?? Also...those claims were concrete...as I pointed out...asking for a vid?? It doesn't even make sense here.....to the original premise. In any case...as I have said repeatedly:

THOSE WHO CHOOSE TO BELIEVE THAT THIS VID IS REPRESENTATIVE OF A SKILL OR TALENT EXCLUSIVE TO THE BRYANS CANNOT BE STOPPED FROM DOING SO. DOING SO IS INCORRECT, AND DOES BELITTLE BOTH THE BRYANS AS WELL AS OTHER PROS HOWEVER. EVEN IF THE BELIEVERS INTENTION IS IN FACT THE OPPOSITE>

Datacipher
10-06-2011, 03:16 PM

WELL said. It's idiotic what a routine pro drill has become. People proclaiming this as the epitome of pro talent....it's sad people can't take it, and admire it for what it is....pros practicing....

It's human nature though....and in a way it comes from a good place...admiration for the pros....but it's also selfish. A telling inner-projection: What I have seen is so special...I take ownership of it in some way...and it must be the BEST!!!

Most/all pros could reproduce what was on that vid....as could many world-class juniors, or even 6.0's....that doesn't mean we can't appreciate it, or learn from it.

It is though a real disservice to the Bryans to pretend this is the ultimate display of their ability...

r2473
10-06-2011, 03:18 PM
THOSE WHO CHOOSE TO BELIEVE THAT THIS VID IS REPRESENTATIVE OF A SKILL OR TALENT EXCLUSIVE TO THE BRYANS CANNOT BE STOPPED FROM DOING SO. DOING SO IS INCORRECT, AND DOES BELITTLE BOTH THE BRYANS AS WELL AS OTHER PROS HOWEVER. EVEN IF THE BELIEVERS INTENTION IS IN FACT THE OPPOSITE>

If someone has a video of any "top juniors" or "club players" doing it for as long as the Bryans and with the same pace and angles, I would love to see it.

I'd like to see anyone do it. Club, rec, pro, whatever.

Sorry for insulting you Bob and Mike.

rjw
10-06-2011, 03:24 PM
Data....I was totally wrong...you really are a TOTAL WHACKJOB..

Either put up or shut up.

Until I, we, the community sees the video of you or your juniors performing the drill in a manner respectful to the Bryans, then you will ALWAYS be totally full of crap...

Is this perfectly clear?

Datacipher
10-06-2011, 03:41 PM
I'd like to see anyone do it. Club, rec, pro, whatever.

Sorry for insulting you Bob and Mike.

Thanks for actually being quite reasonable in this thread!

I've never done that drill regularly....I used to have juniors do something similar...I used to favor a couple of others for my own practice.

Maybe I'll start practicing and then go out and try to replicate it....seems daunting though when I don't get the time to any of the things I like very much right now! Can I offer you a video of serving with a warped wooden racquet? Incline pressing 100lb dumbbells? Almost no knee bend at all 115ish mph serve? Testing new strings with light volleys against a wall? All performed by an old guy?? LOL. "How about a nice game of chess?"

Oh! I must be able to offer you: serving ball through fence, with 3$ aluminum racquet with no butt cap, and no grip!! LOL

PS. You're not really insulting anyone directly...certainly not me, for whom, playing like that drill would be a challenge. But yeah...if you were to run around a pro locker room raving about what the Bryans can do in that vid to other pro players....and talking about how it shows just how good and talented they are...my guess is they'd be slightly embarrassed and kind of want you to shut up ;-)

Datacipher
10-06-2011, 03:45 PM
Data....I was totally wrong...you really are a TOTAL WHACKJOB..

Either put up or shut up.

Until I, we, the community sees the video of you or your juniors performing the drill in a manner respectful to the Bryans, then you will ALWAYS be totally full of crap...

Is this perfectly clear?

Yep. Thanks for owning up, way better than all the lies and backpeddling. (who's "schizo"??! LOL) and showing exactly what you are.

Back to square ONE FOLKS!

And there you have it: Believe other pros and world-class juniors can do that drill in a roughly comparable manner ....

(again...things like "effort" will be subjective...and actually, I think the Bryan's effort is the single most impressive thing about that vid...you see, there's a tendency for guys like that to take drills like this fairly casually...because they are routine...and they are repetitive...and b/c they can do it endlessly....but here, the Bryan's are focused, intense, and MOVING!)

....or believe that it truly requires the Bryan's level of talent and skill, in which case, it's true, I'd be full of BS.

Each person can make their own decision.

Grow up rjw. Grow up. :-(

r2473
10-06-2011, 03:49 PM
Can I offer you a video of Testing new strings with light volleys against a wall?

That would be awesome.

Incline pressing 100lb dumbbells?

How about a few planche pushups?

Datacipher
10-06-2011, 03:55 PM
That would be awesome.

How about a few planche pushups?

LOL. OK, but I probably can't get my whole body in view....it's...err...my phone...no wide-angle lens... ;-)

Are you serious about the light volleys?? LOL. I was just flipping through my phone...that was last winter....I walked out on court....and wanted to play with new iphone, and hit a few balls with a new string job (I lowered tension by about SEVEN! lbs! I hit some volleys just to warm up (but not very hard)....and then hit some groundies (against wall)....and then hit a few serves....but it was around 10pm....and it's kinda half-!#@! I'd show you though! You have to rave about my special talent after though!

rjw
10-06-2011, 04:01 PM
Yep. Thanks for owning up, way better than all the lies and backpeddling. (who's "schizo"??! LOL) and showing exactly what you are.

Back to square ONE FOLKS!

And there you have it: Believe other pros and world-class juniors can do that drill in a roughly comparable manner ....

(again...things like "effort" will be subjective...and actually, I think the Bryan's effort is the single most impressive thing about that vid...you see, there's a tendency for guys like that to take drills like this fairly casually...because they are routine...and they are repetitive...and b/c they can do it endlessly....but here, the Bryan's are focused, intense, and MOVING!)

....or believe that it truly requires the Bryan's level of talent and skill, in which case, it's true, I'd be full of BS.

Each person can make their own decision.

Grow up rjw. Grow up. :-(

You are full of BS....first truth to come out your mouth so far, whackjob

Datacipher
10-06-2011, 04:38 PM
You are full of BS....first truth to come out your mouth so far, whackjob

You claim to be a GROWN man....and after all of this, your post still consists of another lie (word-play at a grade school level...to imply I said I was full of BS)....and a name-call.

There isn't much to reply to.

rjw
10-06-2011, 04:53 PM
No video = no credibility, period.

Datacipher
10-06-2011, 05:02 PM

LOL! Now you're just being silly. First, there is no video...unless we could go around convincing multiple pros to do the drill that would prove my original point. (you of course are now totally focused on the wild tangent of whether I can do the drill! LOL)

As to the logic of "no video= no credibility". I disagree....in fact, it makes no sense at all to operate on that level...and I'm sure you do not...nobody does. You can't walk around in life, or EVEN on this board, asking for a vid of EVERYTHING somebody says. But as it is, NEITHER of us have a vid, so we both lack any credibility in your system. Fine.

More importantly, I"m not asking anyone to take "my word for it". I'm telling them something (something which isn't really very controversial....well if you've been around pro players), and they can decide for themselves if it's true or not.

You can try all you want to make this into a _____ measuring contest (it won't change any insecurities you might have). WE (MOST OF THE READERS) aren't that stupid...and see right through your adolescent ploy.

PS. would you like to just give in to childish stupidity? We could go with: he who has the best strokes has the most credibility, and therefore, must be correct about the pros and this drill. How about we pick a few respected posters to be the judges. Then we send video of something fairly objective and they can then decide the whole issue! LOL. I'm serious. What should we video? Our serves? That seems to be the most popular thing. He who serves the fastest can then will then be right about the pros and this drill!

rjw
10-06-2011, 05:09 PM
still waiting......

fruitytennis1
10-06-2011, 05:43 PM
still waiting......

I guarantee that the Bros could up the pace quite a bit and continue to rally in that fashion.

Rjw=fail , period. Yes I can act like a child too

rjw
10-06-2011, 10:19 PM
I guarantee that the Bros could up the pace quite a bit and continue to rally in that fashion.

are you old enough to be here?

Timbo's hopeless slice
10-06-2011, 10:19 PM
can you lot get a room?

sheesh

Datacipher
10-07-2011, 05:40 AM
Yes I can act like a child too

Whatever....I don't see any vid from you! Nobody has the talent and skill to do that as well as rjw.....NOBODY, not even other children!

Sim
10-07-2011, 06:12 AM
I thought the video was impressive. They make it look so effortless and easy! :o

bet
10-07-2011, 06:20 AM

+1!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rjw
10-07-2011, 07:09 AM
Whatever....I don't see any vid from you! Nobody has the talent and skill to do that as well as rjw.....NOBODY, not even other children!

What was this thread about?

Oh Yes, I remember the Bryans' video. From what I recall some multiple personality claimed it was easily replicated by one or two of him and/or his juniors.

still waiting......

Own up or apologize to the Bryans and this community.

mad dog1
10-07-2011, 10:29 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALFvS7OxYwU

bet
10-07-2011, 02:37 PM
What was this thread about?

Oh Yes, I remember the Bryans' video. From what I recall some multiple personality claimed it was easily replicated by one or two of him and/or his juniors.

still waiting......

Own up or apologize to the Bryans and this community.

Yeah it was bout the bryans and everything datacpher said was true, so who cares about him doingvthe drill. Other pros can all do it like he said. Your being a child.

Povl Carstensen
10-07-2011, 04:32 PM
Funny you request others to be grounded, when you are so over the top datacipher. People admire the skills in this video and you go on a rampage, contradicting yourself on the way.

I personally find it impressive

every pro can do that (not necessarily as easily or as consistently over the long haul of course)

Any pro can certainly do it, and in short order, do it extremely well!
The video is a great display of skill everybody including yourself agree. The ease and consistancy admirable etc. If you agree on this, theres really no reason to waste so many words imo.

Datacipher
10-07-2011, 04:39 PM
Funny you request others to be grounded, when you are so over the top datacipher. People admire the skills in this video and you go on a rampage, contradicting yourself on the way.

The video is a great display of skill everybody including yourself agree. The ease and consistancy admirable etc. If you agree on this, theres really no reason to waste so many words imo.

There certainly IS NOT! AGREED! I had no idea my simple confirmation of another's posters assertion that this is not reflective of special talent by the Bryan's would draw such a denial, and a ridiculous emotional reaction! Look back at my OP...it was a couple lines long!

Thanks for quoting...I do not see any contradiction however. All 3 of those quotes are compatible, consistent, and true! I think you should reread and reevaluate all my posts, with that in mind. But please feel free to ask for further clarification, if you feel you find a contradiction. As I said in one(or more?) of my posts, I always enjoy watching pros do drills.

Povl Carstensen
10-07-2011, 05:14 PM
Then you should take your own advice and dont waste so many words. The ridiculous emotional response seems to be mostly on your part.

VGP
10-07-2011, 05:36 PM
my forearm felt sore just from watching this stuff.

Which video again? You're gonna go blind if you're not careful.

rjw
10-07-2011, 09:41 PM
Yeah it was bout the bryans and everything datacpher said was true, so who cares about him doingvthe drill. Other pros can all do it like he said. Your being a child.

You are entitled to your opinion, but I beg to disagree.

What's in question here is not that others can do it, bit him and his juniors? at near that level....not happening and NO ONE will believe it until a video is produced.

Nothing he's said was true and none of it has been backed up by anything other than a lot of hot air

I'm still waiting.......n.v = n.c but he will never produce, cause it isn't happening in this lifetime...just more total B.S. as expected.

Datacipher
10-07-2011, 09:44 PM
Then you should take your own advice and dont waste so many words. The ridiculous emotional response seems to be mostly on your part.

I"m afraid if you just go back to rhetoric like this with no quote, your post won't have any substance to it. I think it odd that you feel that way, I can assure you that I've been extremely calm, though I have found myself laughing at several of rjw's outbursts....there is not much else one can do with such childish posts. He has thrown in many school-boy phrases/insults, some of which I outlined in post #82.

As you can see below, even when I called him "big mouth" which was my ironic response to his school-boy insults, I both laughed in the post, and delineated my stance clearly.

So, again, it is unclear what you're saying...please quote specifically what you are responding to, and we can go from there if you wish to have a mature discussion...that would be great!

Originally Posted by Datacipher http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?p=6045605#post6045605)

rjw
10-07-2011, 09:46 PM
No video = no credibility....period...come back with the video

Datacipher
10-07-2011, 09:47 PM
You are entitled to your opinion, but I beg to disagree.

What's in question here is not that others can do it, bit him and his juniors? at near that level....not happening and NO ONE will believe it until a video is produced.

Nothing he's said was true and none of it has been backed up by anything other than a lot of hot air

I'm still waiting.......n.v = n.c but he will never produce, cause it isn't happening in this lifetime...just more total B.S. as expected.

Nope. I've said REPEATEDLY: short of a video demonstrating various other pros doing this, my original premise doesn't even apply to the medium.

Thus, people are free to decide for themselves if indeed other pros can do this (and even top amateurs), or if this execution of the drill is as you say, exclusive to the talent and ability of the Bryan's.

You've just become increasingly desperate after the bully tactics, followed by name-calling, didn't work. So now...let's focus on a non sequitur tangent: post a vid! LOL. Again....grow up. This is far beneath the dignity any adult should reserve for themselves.

rjw
10-07-2011, 09:52 PM
How many DIFFERENT people have to chime in and basically say the same thing

It's impressive of its own

show your video proof or bury it....it's not that complicated, even you can understand it

but ..still waiting and hot air is all you have provided.

Datacipher
10-08-2011, 04:59 AM
How many DIFFERENT people have to chime in and basically say the same thing.

It's impressive of its own

Yes. EXACTLY. Now we're getting somewhere! Yes, many people agree with me that it is impressive on it's own, there is no need for you ridiculous hyperbole, exaggerations, and misinformation. Just because all the pros can do drills like this quite easily, and just because the Bryans themselves are not pushing to the limits when they did that drill does NOT mean it is cannot be impressive to a particular individual! Don't insult them or other pros by underestimating their abilities!

show your video proof or bury it....it's not that complicated, even you can understand it

but ..still waiting and hot air is all you have provided.

Again....you're the only one who can see how childish and irrelevant this tangent is...but out of curiosity, what exactly do you want to see in this video, and what will it then prove? Perhaps we can work together on it, tell us exactly what you are thinking, and let's see if we can achieve it.

Povl Carstensen
10-08-2011, 06:14 AM
No one is saying that other pros can not do this drill. And everybody agrees that the video (ease, consistancy etc) is impressing. So really no reason to go overboard with long tirades imo.

Datacipher
10-08-2011, 07:57 AM
No one is saying that other pros can not do this drill.

No, this is incorrect. Actually they did (they questioned the world-class juniors ability as well) You should read, or reread the thread.

And everybody agrees that the video (ease, consistancy etc) is impressing. So really no reason to go overboard with long tirades imo.

This statement becomes absolutely meaningless with rhetoric like "overboard" and "long". Thank you for your opinion, but I shall continue to post detailed, and quoted responses to people who insist on: 1. lying about what I have said, 2.making false allegations.

I have had to repeat various arguments several times, while I do not enjoy this either, it was a necessity given the attempts to misrepresent both what I had said, as well as my opinions on the subject. It at least served the purpose of showing my consistency through response after response, and providing contrast with the rhetoric, insults, and non sequitur tangents the other individual has leaped around to.

I feel this is the most thorough, productive, and mature way one can possibly deal with somebody who engages in such tactics. Your disagreement is noted, however, it is my choice.

bet
10-08-2011, 08:05 AM
No one is saying that other pros can not do this drill. And everybody agrees that the video (ease, consistancy etc) is impressing. So really no reason to go overboard with long tirades imo.
Rjw destroyed this whole thread up and now keeps posting the same stupid post over and over and you're telling other people how to respond to Rjw? That's some stupid shee et!

Al1978
10-08-2011, 09:41 AM
What's impressive is that this thread has gone six pages without a post asking about the Bryans' racquet specs.

mad dog1
10-08-2011, 11:36 AM
What's impressive is that this thread has gone six pages without a post asking about the Bryans' racquet specs.

:lol:

10 lols

r2473
10-08-2011, 12:09 PM
Please choose which of these statements reflects your thoughts most closely concerning the video posted in the OP. Feel free to add / subtract / amend a statement to fit your exact thought if you see fit to do so. You may choose more than one statement, so long as they are not contradictory.

For me, 3 and 4 reflect my thoughts.

1) Nobody but the Bryan bros. can do this drill. Period.

2) Other pros can do this drill, nobody else.

3) Many players can do this drill. Pros, quality juniors. Even Datacipher.

4) Many players can do this drill. Pros, quality juniors. Even Datacipher. But it would be hard (impossible) to find a pair that can do this at the pace, for the duration (over 150 strokes), and handling tough shots with seeming ease. This is top caliber. Only the very best possess this level and combination of skills.

5) Many players can do this drill. Pros, juniors. Even Datacipher. And it would be easy to find a pair that can do this at the pace, for the duration (over 150 strokes), and handling tough shots with seeming ease. This is what I would expect to see from most pros, quality juniors, and Datacipher. Really nothing to see here.

verbouge
10-09-2011, 01:47 AM
Please choose which of these statements reflects your thoughts most closely concerning the video posted in the OP. Feel free to add / subtract / amend a statement to fit your exact thought if you see fit to do so. You may choose more than one statement, so long as they are not contradictory.

4) Many players can do this drill. Pros, quality juniors. Even Datacipher. But it would be hard (impossible) to find a pair that can do this at the pace, for the duration (over 150 strokes), and handling tough shots with seeming ease. This is top caliber. Only the very best possess this level and combination of skills.

5) Many players can do this drill. Pros, juniors. Even Datacipher. And it would be easy to find a pair that can do this at the pace, for the duration (over 150 strokes), and handling tough shots with seeming ease. This is what I would expect to see from most pros, quality juniors, and Datacipher. Really nothing to see here.

6) Nobody I know can perform the drill like this. The pros rock, and the Bryans are perhaps the rockin-est at this drill. Tennis porn, is what this is. Seriously.

I'm still following this thread with fascination. Not only is this video raw and unbelievable, but the thread, as it's gone, is MORE raw and MORE unbelievable.

"Can't we all get along?".....quote from a different King than Martin Luther Jr., but timeless and germane, nonetheless.

Povl Carstensen
10-09-2011, 03:29 AM

I think there is a pretty massive consensus around 4. Which is why I find Dataciphers reaction a bit overboard. The problem is he came out sounding more like 5, imo.

Povl Carstensen
10-09-2011, 07:43 AM
A few points. Datacipher in his first few posts use language as "clueless", "full of BS" and LOL.
No one has said that this drill can not be done by other pros.
Yet Datacipher argues "Feel free to believe that only the Bryan Brothers can do this". So he makes up what he argues against, puts words in other peoples mouth, which he then critizise. I dont know what that is called in english, but in danish it is "perfid". Ah yes looked it up, perfideous.
He then also says that it is "possible that the Bryans are the best in the world at it", and I guess that this is exactly what people here are enjoying about the video. So he is more or less keeping the discussion alive by himself, while shooting at all others.
That said, I am also not to crazy about rjw's obsession with a video.

Povl Carstensen
10-09-2011, 08:20 AM
And what is this inverse logic that by lauding the video, people are belittleing the Bryans talent? The Bryans posted it, so they must like it, I guess.

rjw
10-09-2011, 08:38 AM
Rjw destroyed this whole thread up and now keeps posting the same stupid post over and over and you're telling other people how to respond to Rjw? That's some stupid shee et!

Someone gets it....

It's just so easy to pull this guys chain....couldn't resist

mad dog1
10-09-2011, 11:14 AM
Someone gets it....

It's just so easy to pull this guys chain....couldn't resist

pretty childish for a 59 year old...:twisted:

rather than wasting your time in this thread, you could be making better use of your time - like building a ball pressurizer! ;)

Povl Carstensen
10-17-2011, 03:52 PM
No, I really just said my opinion about how Datacipher was communicating about the matter in general.

Clintspin
10-17-2011, 07:55 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCMNW6z_UjU&feature=feedrec_grec_index

These guys have the Bryan Bros. beat. They even tag team it.

LeeD
10-17-2011, 07:58 PM
Yeah, the kids are amazing.
Kid on the next court yesterday, about the same size and age, hit solid topspin off both sides, could volley with conti grip and underspin, but of course, had weak first serves. Was cool to see a 10 year old who had good form and hit a solid ball. Best of all, he was humble and had good manners. Something must have been wrong there.