PDA

View Full Version : Pure Control Std. MP HELP

Crave
04-28-2004, 04:18 AM
Could someone please tell me how this racquet plays and feels compared to the PCZ (which is my current stick). Thanks alot

Brent Pederson
04-28-2004, 06:42 AM
PCZ is alot stiffer and more powerful. To me, the PCZ is so stiff it almost feels like a PD. PC midplus is also more comfortable, but is a little too light, needs about 1/2 oz lead tape imo...

devwizard
04-28-2004, 07:55 AM
Yes, I agree quite a bit with the last post. I also play with the PCZ currently and have recently demoed the PC standard. The most noticeable difference for me was the overall feel, especially on groundstrokes and sensetive volleys. The PC had much better control on really every shot, and seemed to point out some of the weaknesses with the PCZ. The PC is slightly, just slightly, less powerful, but is a far more control-friendly racquet, making placement with the PCZ seem ridiculously hard. It does have a slightly light feel compared to the PCZ, but seems to be much more crisp and exact from the baseline. I would recommend it to you only if you are seeking better control, not less power.

Crave
04-28-2004, 08:30 AM
devwizard what were those sticks strung at? I string mine at 66 with synthetic gut and still get some great pop. I had tried Ballistic but it gave me tennis elbow.

devwizard
04-29-2004, 10:28 AM
I string my PCZ at 58. That seems really low probably, but let me explain my rationale. When I first got the racquet, I also was stringing it at about 67 or 66. However, upon reading a thread here, it seemed to point out that 58 was the perfect match for this racquet. With this tension, the woofer system isn't as inhibited and locked down by the tighter tensions, which may be one of your problems. Over this weight, the woofer system becomes pretty useless, and it seemed to me that it just lost a bunch of its overall feel. Th PC I played with was strung at about the same, 57 I believe. Also, the string on my PCZ is Prince Polygut, though I frequently also string with Babolat Ballistic. I believe that the PC was strung with Ballistic also. However, I would recommend using this prince string over the ballistic, because it has much better feel for such a durable string.