PDA

View Full Version : My demo of PS Tour 95

sandro
04-28-2004, 06:18 AM
I would like to say only this: TW's people are 100% right about this racquet on their review (obvious, isn't it?) !!!
I would add it's one of the best "slicing" racquet I've ever hit with. Unfortunately, not solid enough on my fh side. Very good at net too. My impression is: if it had 330 of swingweight, it would be much, much better.

Richard Pur
04-28-2004, 10:14 AM
Sandro,

How about the serve and return of serve? The TW review I think had some issues with the serve as well as the stability when blocking serves back. What did you think?

BreakPoint
04-28-2004, 12:59 PM
When I demo-ed the Tour 95, I didn't think it had as much feel as my PS 6.0 95, but then again, what racquet does? Stability was also questionable, and I didn't like the more even balance since I'm a S&V player. I agree that BH slice was very good, but I couldn't serve as well with the Tour 95 as I could with other racquets.

Jeffrey Wang
04-28-2004, 05:16 PM
I have played it along side with Prince Diablo MP and found the PS Tour 95 is a good base for customization. It's 7pt. HL so adding some lead tape at 3, 9 o'clock of head and combined weight right above the grip will not only improve the stability but power too. I played it without any lead tape and found it stable enough for most serves except the 110mph+ one. Forhand is good but not great and 1H BH is very good and slice is great as other two commented. Flat serve is very good but a notch below the original 95 while slice and kick serve are better. At net is its strongest point and it delivers with depth, finese and speed. Stability is good enough for 95% of shot and not much below the original Tour 95. My take is a worthy condidate to test play.

hankster
04-30-2004, 08:12 AM
Jeffrey, how did it compare to the Diablo MP?
I am using this racquet now, but am not totally satisfied. I am looking for a replacement to the HPS 6.1, which I loved, but had to stop using due to elbow problems.
Hankster

Jeffrey Wang
04-30-2004, 10:04 AM
Advantage of Diablo: Control,feel, forhand put away (is great), spin capability (due to more open string pattern) and 2nd serve.

Advantage of PS Tour 95: 1st serve, volley both in depth and angle, 1H BH, power,and return.

One interest thing is the backhand slice. While most feedback appraise the Diablo, I can't hit it well with the Diablo. I have no problem with Tour 95. So there is ant perticular area you have favor over the other, and Diablo shines, you may consider to give it a try.

sandro
05-03-2004, 05:49 AM
Richard, I second Jeffrey on serve and return of serve; good, but a bit "anemic".
It's interesting to see that I'm not the only one who liked it for the 1H BH... really a mess that's missing something for a solid FH.

mackadilly
05-03-2004, 01:41 PM
Hey gang,

Pop the cap off the buttcap, and stick a quarter (25 cent piece)=5.5 grams in the crevice + 5 grams (4 strips of 1/4 in. x 5 in.) of lead tape on 2 & 10 respectively. String the raquet close to or below midrange if you are using synthetic gut. You can add more lead (3-5 g incriments) to taste :)

Another alternative is to add lead tape to the throat only to counter the flex of the racquet wich absorbs power on the forehand. Flexible and lightweight is not good IMO.

At least that what works for me.

Tour 95
1) Ashaway Dynamite 17g 52 lbs.
2) Tourna Gut 17g 60 lbs.

mackadilly