PDA

View Full Version : Racket Help !!!!!!!

Tennis_Mad
10-04-2011, 01:27 PM
Hi Guys,

I am 16 years old 5ft 8, I am a baseline player but i like to go to the net to finish of points. I play competitively and play several times a week. I frequently hit flat but need to add more spin to my game. I am currently in the demo stage and have no clue what racket to choose as my stick as there are so many out there. I have tried many rackets.

APDGT - Dislike
Head Youtek Radical MP - Like but not as stable as i like.
Pure Drive GT - Hate caused arm issues
Blx Blade 98 - Like but not alot of power for my liking couldn't finish enough points of.
Pure Storm Tour GT - Hated couldn't do anything with this racket seemed to heavy for me.

I am wondering if there are any rackets you think would suit my game as i need to find one ASAP?

MarinaHighTennis
10-04-2011, 10:09 PM
Solution lies with the aero storm. I used to hit mainly flat but now I can topspin

coolblue123
10-05-2011, 02:43 AM
Hi TennisMad:
What are you using now? What would you like to improve on your current racquet?

It seems like from your post that you like the following attributes in your racquet:
- Spin (racquet helps, but spin is really generated by the player not the racquet)
- Arm Comfort
- Net Maneuverability
- Lower weight models (or can I say it swings lighter?)

Do you have a preference in Brands (it seems like you put the top 3 brands down).

I would really try to demo some racquets.

Some of the brands and models you may want to consider in your demo list are:Yonex VCore 98 or 100, Boris Becker London, and Volkl Organix 295.

Let us know what you like and Good Luck!

Tennis_Mad
10-05-2011, 07:59 AM
Coolblue 123,

Hi thanks for your reply i am currently using the babolat pure drive cortex. The attributes you listed are exacty spot on to what i want from a racket. I have come to the decision that i want the Tecnifibre Tfight 295 Vo2 Max. This racket seems right for me great mix of control and power. I also love the design of the racket which is a plus.

JackB1
10-05-2011, 08:04 AM
Head IG Instinct....

power + control + not too heavy

Tennis_Mad
10-05-2011, 08:12 AM
JackB1,

Hi this racket seems great aswell but i love the Tecnifibre rackets.

coolblue123
10-05-2011, 04:15 PM
Coolblue 123,

Hi thanks for your reply i am currently using the babolat pure drive cortex. The attributes you listed are exacty spot on to what i want from a racket. I have come to the decision that i want the Tecnifibre Tfight 295 Vo2 Max. This racket seems right for me great mix of control and power. I also love the design of the racket which is a plus.

The 295 grams seems to be around what you are looking for. Tecnifibres are really great racquets. I remember playtesting with the model before Vo2 max line (the one b4 the samurai pics). It was a great racquet, great feel and very arm friendly. Please tell us how you like it! Glad to hear you found a racquet.