PDA

View Full Version : Donnay X-Dual Pro

AverageJoe
10-08-2011, 08:12 AM
Any idea when you guys will be getting this frame? I know a lot of people are getting pretty anxious about trying this new players frame. Thanks!

ollinger
10-08-2011, 08:51 AM
TW told me not to expect other Donnay offerings until early 2012. (I was looking to get a few more of the Dual Tour.)

BreakPoint
10-08-2011, 10:23 AM
TW told me not to expect other Donnay offerings until early 2012. (I was looking to get a few more of the Dual Tour.)
Is the Dual Tour a racquet that's already out now? If not, where did you get yours? I don't see it on TW's Donnay webpage: http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/DonnayRacquets.html

5imon
10-08-2011, 11:02 AM
i believe you can get all the Donnay frames from their official site

AverageJoe
10-08-2011, 03:13 PM
i believe you can get all the Donnay frames from their official site

I saw that but they are considerably more expensive for some reason

000KFACTOR90000
10-08-2011, 05:08 PM
from the donnay website - x-dual pro - availability : out of stock

ollinger
10-08-2011, 06:33 PM
I got the Dual Tour from a Donnay dealer locally. Strangely enough, Donnay's prices at their own online store are about 50% higher than the dealer prices.

BreakPoint
10-08-2011, 08:08 PM
I got the Dual Tour from a Donnay dealer locally. Strangely enough, Donnay's prices at their own online store are about 50% higher than the dealer prices.
Actually not so surprising as I'm sure Donnay wants to protect its dealers by pricing higher on their own website than what its dealers can discount them for.

5imon
10-09-2011, 08:47 AM
Im actually waiting TW to have X-Dual PRO too. And I dont understand how Dual Pro is so expensive:???:

ollinger
10-09-2011, 02:08 PM
The Dual Tours I got are also advertised by Donnay as $299, dealers sell them for $197.

5imon
10-09-2011, 02:41 PM
Do you mind giving me the dealer's contact info, s19920513@gmail.com
thanks

AverageJoe
10-09-2011, 04:04 PM
Do you mind giving me the dealer's contact info, s19920513@gmail.com
thanks

Me as well

ctkihara@yahoo.com

Have given thousands of dollars to TW over the years and will continue to do so because of their outstanding customer service but everyone I've talked with at TW so far says they have no plans of getting the X-Dual Pro in anytime soon. Thanks!

ollinger
10-09-2011, 06:28 PM
Donnay's website can give you the dealers closest to you.

AverageJoe
10-12-2011, 11:51 AM
Anyone know of any US dealers that have this frame in stock? All the dealers I've contacted are backordered till the end of the month...

JGads
10-13-2011, 03:54 PM
Not to be a buzzkill, but I've hit with this frame and didn't think there was anything at all special about it, certainly nothing to indicate a $300 frame. Just my two cents. Plenty of better frames available here at TW for plenty less.

BobFL
10-13-2011, 05:33 PM
Not to be a buzzkill, but I've hit with this frame and didn't think there was anything at all special about it, certainly nothing to indicate a $300 frame. Just my two cents. Plenty of better frames available here at TW for plenty less.

Could you please share a bit more details? :) TIA!

AverageJoe
10-13-2011, 09:04 PM

All the dealers I've contacted are selling the frame for $198. I guess the $300 price tag on the Donnay website is suggested retail?

Regardless, I'm also curious to hear about what you didnt like about the frame.

Aps1987
10-13-2011, 09:10 PM
Could you please share a bit more details? :) TIA!

This Is Africa?

BobFL
10-13-2011, 09:16 PM
This Is Africa?

Could be but in this case it means: thanks in advance...

JGads
10-13-2011, 09:24 PM
It was just kind of average, nothing that made it stand out to me in any way. Pace on groundies and serves was ok but not great (needed lead for plow), control average, and the feel was nothing special, a touch more stiff/rigid than I'd hoped from what is billed as a pro stock type of a frame. I definitely wouldn't call it a 'bad' frame, but there just really wasn't anything special about it other than the very nice all-black paintjob.

In contrast, some other frames I prefer DO have some special qualities: Platinum 94, for example, shareS the Donnay thin-beam characteristic of a heavy stick that gives you that heavy ball quality even though it swings lighter than its weight; PK Black Ace (both versions) has absolutely exceptional ball feel, the kind you'd expect from something called "pro stock", and impeccable control; and the PK 7G just rips the ball hard so easily -- all of these are frames I like more than the Dual Pro, just trying to explain why -- how they each have something 'special' to offer. Just thought the Dual Pro was kind of 'Meh. It's ok."

Again, though -- just my take. Maybe others who had better modification results can argue against me. I just don't think it's some Superframe.

ollinger
10-14-2011, 05:28 AM
I got my Dual Tours for 197 dollars each, which seems to be the price both of the dealers I contacted are selling the 300 dollar frames for. I hit briefly with the Pro, much prefered the Tour.

AverageJoe
10-14-2011, 10:00 PM
It was just kind of average, nothing that made it stand out to me in any way. Pace on groundies and serves was ok but not great (needed lead for plow), control average, and the feel was nothing special, a touch more stiff/rigid than I'd hoped from what is billed as a pro stock type of a frame. I definitely wouldn't call it a 'bad' frame, but there just really wasn't anything special about it other than the very nice all-black paintjob.

In contrast, some other frames I prefer DO have some special qualities: Platinum 94, for example, shareS the Donnay thin-beam characteristic of a heavy stick that gives you that heavy ball quality even though it swings lighter than its weight; PK Black Ace (both versions) has absolutely exceptional ball feel, the kind you'd expect from something called "pro stock", and impeccable control; and the PK 7G just rips the ball hard so easily -- all of these are frames I like more than the Dual Pro, just trying to explain why -- how they each have something 'special' to offer. Just thought the Dual Pro was kind of 'Meh. It's ok."

Again, though -- just my take. Maybe others who had better modification results can argue against me. I just don't think it's some Superframe.

Thanks JGads. This helps a lot. I finally found a local demo so I'll be trying it for myself soon.

I also really loved everything about the PK Black Ace (although I just demo'ed the 98). I briefly hit with the Donnay Platinum 99 and it just felt a little unstable with it's thin beam frame but I did like and will have another go with some lead.

I also hit with the Donnay X-P dual and liked it although it's a very very powerful frame. I might have to give the X-P Dual Tour a try although I was a little hesitant because of the 67 RA

AverageJoe
10-14-2011, 10:01 PM
I got my Dual Tours for 197 dollars each, which seems to be the price both of the dealers I contacted are selling the 300 dollar frames for. I hit briefly with the Pro, much prefered the Tour.

How come?

10char

ollinger
10-15-2011, 09:00 AM
Tour seems more suited to someone like me who's always straddled the fence between MP and OS. The Pro plays very well but I feel like I make fewer errors with that little extra hitting area on the Tour. As usual with a smaller head, the Pro feels more secure at net with respect to not hitting long, something I occasionally do with volleys with the Tour.