PDA

View Full Version : tennis in salt lake city

zenit
07-11-2005, 08:01 PM
moved to slc about a year ago and i am now interested in starting to play again. However dont know anybody else who plays. Does anybody know places around here to play and find somebody to play with?

Kaptain Karl
07-11-2005, 08:26 PM
My Sister In Law played a lot when they lived in SLC. I'll get back to you....

- KK

zenit
07-11-2005, 08:54 PM
cool! thanks

Kaptain Karl
07-12-2005, 08:30 AM
Here's what my S-I-L reports....

Tennis in Salt Lake:

I was part of the Salt Lake Swimming & Tennis Club.† They have ladders, lots of league play, bubble for winter play.† I liked it.

If your friend is looking for higher end Ö suggest the Cottonwood Country Club.† Several of my friends are members and they have beautiful indoor & outdoor courts.† Donít know much about league play though.

Hope that is helpful.

- KK

atatu
07-12-2005, 09:19 AM
The interesting thing is that they have husband/wife tournaments there and you can actually sub in your second or third wife during the matches. Ok, sorry that was kind of a cheap shot, no offense, I hope...

Kaptain Karl
07-12-2005, 11:03 AM
The interesting thing is that they have husband/wife tournaments there...Shouldn't they be billed as "husband/wife/wife/wife..." tournaments, then?

- KK

zenit
07-13-2005, 06:16 PM
Kaptain Karl:

thanks for info!

gonna check out that club.

by the way has your sister in law heard anything about tennis in JCC (jewish community center) by the university? I heard they have tennis there but no clue at what kind of level...

twmeier
07-29-2005, 10:11 AM
If you are looking for people to play with, check out www.SLCstringer.com. This is a great website to meet people through their mini tournaments. They are also a great place to go to have you racquet strung.

Check it out.

zenit
08-01-2005, 10:15 PM
hmm will check that outalso

csymonds
08-16-2005, 02:56 PM
I am also new to the area; about three months. I would love somebody to play and practice with. 25 yrs old, female, intermediate.

zenit
08-17-2005, 05:11 PM
I am also new to the area; about three months. I would love somebody to play and practice with. 25 yrs old, female, intermediate.

from what i hear people play a lot at courts at liberty park. i personally go to play at JCC by the university. nice courts there, but barely any people. Let me know if you are interested in playing with me or find any other good places to find hitting partners. zayacha@gmail.com is my email.

BillR
08-31-2005, 01:57 AM
Zenit & Csymonds,

I'm also a new transplant to SLC, since July. Would love to have a partner to hit with. Age 30. about 3.5 level, but have never played tournaments.
BillRichheimer@yahoo.com

Muse
08-31-2005, 07:38 AM
The afore mentioned places to play are great. The JCC is an excellent place to play, but it only has 4 courts, and is a little pricy for non-members. Cottonwood is good, they have some amazing outdoor courts, but it's not especially close to downtown SLC. My favorite place to play is the Eccles Tennis Center at the University, it's the facility that the college team uses to play. 8 beautiful indoor courts that look like this. (http://tinypic.com/bgtg12.jpg)(It's not dimly lit as the picture might suggest, my photo skills are just lacking) You can also get private lessons from the coach of the U team, a former pro tennis play, he's a great guy.

I'll play with anyone of you SLC guys and gals looking for someone to hit with, though I am quite a bit younger than most of you (18 in a month). I dunno if it would be weird for a 30 year old to play casually with a teenager.:)

zenit
08-31-2005, 09:49 AM
Those eccles courts look good.

How much does it cost to play there? Do you know if the U employees get discount?

Muse
08-31-2005, 12:29 PM
Those eccles courts look good.

How much does it cost to play there? Do you know if the U employees get discount?

I'm not sure what the guest fees are, Faculty gets a discount so they only pay $8 per hour, I think students pay $6.

zenit
09-02-2005, 07:34 PM
btw muse whats your skill level?

and im not that much older than you :)

Muse
09-02-2005, 07:39 PM
btw muse whats your skill level?

and im not that much older than you :)

Are you faculty? Cause if you are... wow, I'm very impressed.

My strokes are 4.5, my serve is probably around 4.0. I'd be worse than that right now though cause I haven't played in about a month due to school.

zenit
09-02-2005, 10:03 PM
I wish!

Got a bunch of school left till i could do that. I just graduated from college little more than a year ago. Thats why i'm not that much older :)

Your probably too good for me right now :( . I stopped playing tennis about freshman year college and just started again recently.

twmeier
11-15-2005, 02:08 PM
My name is Trevor, I am working on Tennis Website for Salt Lake City and Utah in general. This is a good place to find tennis courts, tennis partners and to get your racquets strung. Check it out.

www.SLCstringer.com

Thanks,
Trevor

JxL
12-01-2005, 04:35 AM
Hello...this is my first time logging on. I just moved in the Layton, Utah area from Germany and was wondering where people play around here. I'm sure there are places in SLC, but I'm looking for something closer to Layton. I haven't played in a few years, but I would like to get back into it.

altawolfe
12-24-2005, 09:25 PM
contact peter smith at the Rustler Lodge/Alta.

awesome404
12-27-2005, 10:15 PM
hey guys and girls, i've been in salt lake for about 1.5 years.

I do play a lot but mainly during the summer and most of the people i play wiith are very good and very busy.

I'm 26, been playing for about 15 years mainly in Europe. My current level is anywhere form 4 to 5....which i am still trying to determine. This past summer i made a lot of progress when it comes to strength of stokes and service....which kinda makes me hesitand on my level
I plan on signing up at the Salt Lake tennis club and playing alomost every day. If someone doesn't have a tennis a tennis partner or wants to join..let me know

A. :)

The nCode nTour Guy
04-28-2006, 01:09 PM
well i also live in utah. You can play at Coach Mike's, Liberty Park, Jcc courts, off 4500 south their are some courts in a neighborhood, Canyon Racquet Club, Park city their are some more courts and some clubs.

jackson vile
04-29-2006, 07:12 PM
The interesting thing is that they have husband/wife tournaments there and you can actually sub in your second or third wife during the matches. Ok, sorry that was kind of a cheap shot, no offense, I hope...

:shock: ........ :mrgreen:

flipflop
07-01-2006, 09:12 PM
Hi,

I came to Salt Lake City for a training and will stay for a month and would like to play some tennis. I can say I am an intermediate plus player.

Let me know if you are interested in playing with me. Is there any places where I can find hitting partners or join amateur tournaments?

Thanks

Orhan

IluvBoris
07-01-2006, 10:09 PM
I live in Utah county (Lehi-Provo area). The Golds gym in North Orem has indoor and outdoor courst, a couple of pros, leage play, workouts, etc. I dunno abt S.L. area Golds'. I played at the Salt Lake Swmi and Tennis Club and also at the Sports Mall. Liberty Park has courts, but I don't think you can get any lessons there.

rasajadad
07-02-2006, 02:59 AM
Don't know about the tennis in SLC, but it's IMPOSSIBLE to get a beer afterwards!

25jack
07-18-2006, 11:13 AM
I am new to the salt lake tennis world. looking for people to hit/play with at the 4.0 level.

Thanks,

Jack

IluvBoris
07-18-2006, 01:48 PM
Don't know about the tennis in SLC, but it's IMPOSSIBLE to get a beer afterwards!

only at every gas station, grocery store and bar/pub/restaurant :)

IluvBoris
07-18-2006, 01:49 PM
I am new to the salt lake tennis world. looking for people to hit/play with at the 4.0 level.

Thanks,

Jack

are you in SLC or somewhere else in the Salt Lake area?

TDabone
08-15-2006, 06:24 PM
Hey also a great way to meet new players and to play tennis are these mini tournaments at this website that was started in Salt Lake City.

www.MyTennisTournaments.com

tennismike33
03-29-2007, 12:09 PM
The afore mentioned places to play are great. The JCC is an excellent place to play, but it only has 4 courts, and is a little pricy for non-members. Cottonwood is good, they have some amazing outdoor courts, but it's not especially close to downtown SLC. My favorite place to play is the Eccles Tennis Center at the University, it's the facility that the college team uses to play. 8 beautiful indoor courts that look like this. (http://tinypic.com/bgtg12.jpg)(It's not dimly lit as the picture might suggest, my photo skills are just lacking) You can also get private lessons from the coach of the U team, a former pro tennis play, he's a great guy.

I'll play with anyone of you SLC guys and gals looking for someone to hit with, though I am quite a bit younger than most of you (18 in a month). I dunno if it would be weird for a 30 year old to play casually with a teenager.:)

I am moving to SLC soon and will be looking for hitting partners. At the U do they offer a chacne to purchase a membership to play?

migjam
03-29-2007, 07:08 PM
I am moving to SLC soon and will be looking for hitting partners. At the U do they offer a chacne to purchase a membership to play?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! so you made the decision? when are you moving?

r2473
01-27-2009, 01:28 PM
bump.

Anyone looking for a practice partner in Salt Lake? I am 4.0 - 4.5.

Russ
07-24-2009, 06:07 AM
I live near Salt Lake (in Layton) and am looking for someone to play tennis with this weekend. russ.anderson@hill.af.mil

Russ
07-24-2009, 06:09 AM
This weekend......like the 25th and 26th of July. I'm not great but I can definitely give most people around here a decent game. russ.anderson@hill.af.mil