PDA

View Full Version : Luke Jensen's serve with right/left hand

tandayu
07-11-2005, 09:09 PM
I never saw him play. How is the variety of his serve using both right and left hand? Did he also stand on at different position during serve? How many permutation can he has? Is his the most server with variety?

x Southpaw x
07-12-2005, 01:06 AM
An ambidextrous pro? Damn, I can't be the first ambi pro anymore... =(

thejerk
07-12-2005, 02:14 AM
You talkin bout tennis?

NoBadMojo
07-12-2005, 07:48 AM
his serve was about as good either way, but he normally served righthanded..his groundstrokes and volleys and everything else was righty. i think his bro murphy is a lefty..or did i get this all backwards?

baseliner
07-12-2005, 07:59 AM
Due to his ability and frequent serving with either hand, he earned the nickname "Dual Hand Luke". Got far more noteriety from his ambidextrous serve than his playing ability. Biggest mystery in tennis is how the Jensen brothers ever won the French Open Doubles title.

ty slothrop
07-12-2005, 08:07 AM
could be urban legend (one spread from the horse's mouth, at that), but wasn't luke the world's top ranked junior at one point?

mendia
07-26-2005, 03:51 PM
I never saw him play. How is the variety of his serve using both right and left hand? Did he also stand on at different position during serve? How many permutation can he has? Is his the most server with variety?

Heh heh heh! I met him and he gave my tennis class a serve to try to return! But he served it really soft so I couldn't really see the real details.

Babblelot
07-26-2005, 04:13 PM
I saw him play mixed doubles w/ Mary Pierce at the '95 USO. Served effectively/equally well righty or lefty. His L serve was a mirror image of his R--stood in same position, same toss, same stroke, etc.. everything identical.

But it was very cool!