PDA

View Full Version : any bridge players here?

dozu
10-19-2011, 08:35 AM
I am watching the bermuda cup.... exciting stuff.

r2473
10-19-2011, 08:41 AM
I played quite a few card games growing up, but unfortunately, bridge was one I did not learn.

It's unfortunate that people don't play cards anymore (at least not around here). If I ever mention playing cards to anyone now, everyone assumes I want to play "Texas hold 'em".

BobFL
10-19-2011, 09:15 AM
I used to play Preferans A LOT. Actually, I think back in college days it was my main source of income lol Tried Bridge and it was ok but I kind of liked 3-players setup. Similar games but imho Preferans is far more sophisticated.

Agent Orynge
10-20-2011, 04:44 PM
I played a fair amount of Spades in the military. It seems to be far and away the most common game, perhaps moreso than Hold 'em.

autumn_leaf
10-20-2011, 04:51 PM
I dabbled in bridge. I played cribbage, pinochle, spades, hearts, whatever. yahoo games with a rating system, but for some reason it says I'm banned till like 2120 ....

Tennishacker
10-20-2011, 05:38 PM
Played many years ago, probably one of the most mentally challenging card games.

Manus Domini
10-20-2011, 05:45 PM
Had Bridge Club at school today. Made game all times but one, and that was cause the person accidentally played trump

And it wasn't cause my opponents were bad. Not much you can do when your opponent constantly is dealt (without ever shuffling or dealing) seven in a suit and no less than 2 aces, 3 kings, and 2 queens each time.

Blackkitty
10-20-2011, 08:04 PM
Bridge is a staple at my highschool. I play a game or two everyday.

Big_Dangerous
10-20-2011, 08:29 PM
I played quite a few card games growing up, but unfortunately, bridge was one I did not learn.

It's unfortunate that people don't play cards anymore (at least not around here). If I ever mention playing cards to anyone now, everyone assumes I want to play "Texas hold 'em".

Or regular poker, 7 card stud, black jack :P

I do occasionally play Spades and Hearts.