1) you can make them mess up a forehand
2) you can make them mess up an overhead
3) you can make them choke

Manus Domini
10-20-2011, 03:44 PM
I make more errors when I play as a pusher than when I don't :p

LeeD
10-20-2011, 03:51 PM
When I push, I can hog the court longer than any other method of play, so I can keep serious tennis players OFF the courts longer, or at least, until they get bored and leave.
I push because I don't want to use any "real" strokes.
I always like to play using the least amount of physical skill, and the most amount of physical energy, since I play purely for exercise and not for fun.

dozu
10-20-2011, 04:01 PM
1) the fastest way
2) to become
3) the king of the community court

spaceman_spiff
10-21-2011, 01:21 AM
listen up aphex

1) you cant put away a forehand
2) you cant put away and overhead
3) you are a choker

Aren't the first two just reasons to work on your forehand and overhead?

I love pushers. They're so easy to beat in doubles because they hit so many shots that are easy to pick off.

Mick
10-21-2011, 06:14 AM
probably the best reasons are not only could you beat players who could not keep a rally going for 5 strokes but you would frustrate them as hell too :-)

larry10s
10-21-2011, 07:04 AM
you cant play any better
you cant play any better
you cant play any better
:shock:

danno123
10-21-2011, 07:16 AM
you cant play any better
you cant play any better
you cant play any better
:shock:

Exactly. There's a good argument that "pushers" play the game more like professionals than most players. Why? Because "pushers" hit the ball with their "90%" shot. That is, they hit the ball with a technique that will get the ball back in play 90% of the time. So does a good pro. The pro's shot is harder and better placed but that's simply because he's a better player. The intermediate "hack" (no offense intended as I include myself in that category) hits a 60-70% shot because we think we're better than we actually are. Here's a quantifiable way that you can see this is correct. Between a "pusher" and a "non-pusher," which player has a number of unforced errors that is closer to a professional's number of unforced errors?

That said, I don't like hitting puffballs. I like hitting the ball hard because it's fun. I'd rather lose hitting the ball hard than win hitting the ball soft. Of course, the goal is to improve my game to the point my hard shots are "90%" shots, but I'm not there yet.