PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: Wilson ProStaff Classic 6.1 (particular paintjob)

Seth
10-21-2011, 09:33 PM
Hey folks,

So I'll warn you from the beginning: I'm looking for a specific paintjob/version of this frame.

The one I seek fits this description:

One side of the throat says "ProStaff Classic 6.1" with "Classic" written in cursive. The "ProStaff" font is the later, non-slanted font.
The inside of the above-mentioned side of the throat says "Recommended Tension Rang: 55-65 lbs. Higher tensions give you more control. Lower tensions give you more power. For Optimum Playability Use Wilson Sensation String and Cushion-Aire Grip."
The other external side of the throat says "Wilson" in traditional font, followed by "Graphite/Kevlar Composite 80% Graphite 20% Kevlar." This side also features the hologram.
The inside of this side of the throat says "PWS, the original Perimeter Weighting System, gives you the advantage of repositioned weight to provide extra stability, power and control in a head light racquet."
At one o'clock and 11 o'clock on the hoop, the text "ProStaff Classic 6.1" appears. Again, the "ProStaff" is the later font, and "Classic" is in cursive.
At 5 o'clock and 7 o'clock, the text "95 SQ. IN." appears.
The butt cap is white. If at all possible, I would prefer it be stamped with "UKW."

As I said, I'm looking for a specific version of the Classic 6.1.

Grip size must be 4 1/2. No specific condition, provided there are no cracks.

Hopefully some of you can help me out here. Thanks!

dpli2010
10-25-2011, 08:58 AM
Hey Seth,

May I ask what the particular paintjob means, just personal preference or it does mean anything? I do realize there are a few varieties of the PS Classic 6.1 racket, and your description is one of them. The two I have for example are different in their paintjob, slanted/non-slanted font and etc.

Seth
10-25-2011, 11:33 AM
I came across two frames featuring the paintjob I'm looking for. In the interest of finding a third that matches my current two, I'm being picky.

I don't know too much about all the different versions, I'm just trying to match. :)

dpli2010
10-26-2011, 04:32 PM
I have one that is exactly the same as your description, while the other is different and is 1/4 in. longer. The two frames feel differently.

Seth
11-01-2011, 01:06 PM
No longer looking. Thanks.