PDA

View Full Version : Need a pro-taser point for essay. Already have 2, need 1 more!

Semi-Pro
10-22-2011, 11:50 AM
Hey all so I'm writing a paper on why tasers (conductive engery devices) should be used in police work (street level officers). For my thesis statement so far I have thought of these 2 points:

1. Officer and suspect safety (most obvious point and found lots of research on this)

2. Discussing it's effectiveness and contrasting it to other intermediate weapons (pepper spray, baton ect.)

3. ??????

As you can see, I'm stuck on a third point. I really can't think of another good point for my paper to talk about so I'm hoping you guys could help me and perhaps suggest a third point for me to discuss.

Thanks in advance!

Note: This paper requires some research as reliable proof so it can't really be something out of the blue that I could just ramble on about.

angharad
10-22-2011, 12:21 PM
It seems like officer safety and suspect safety are two different things and could be discussed as two separate points, especially if you've found lots of research on those issues.

r2473
10-22-2011, 12:30 PM
Having compared the two in succession, Rodney King said he much preferred the Taser to getting hit with batons.

Agent Orynge
10-22-2011, 12:47 PM
I think you're mixed up, friend. Step 2 is ???, step 3 is Profit!

albino smurf
10-24-2011, 05:59 AM
3 could be cost per unit and the cost of use, eg medical expense, etc. after use... I shoot it costs $XX, taser it costs $XX.