PDA

View Full Version : Tennis in SFO??

MLoutch
07-12-2005, 12:05 PM
Heading back to The City next week and looking for places to play? Lived in Mill Valley years ago and get back there for work often but never had time to look for courts and bring my sticks??

I know GS park has a facility - how is it? I will be staying in the Berkeley Marina area and need info please.

Thanks

bookem
07-12-2005, 02:25 PM
Previously discussed....

MLoutch
07-12-2005, 02:31 PM
thanks much - i'm learning

bookem
07-12-2005, 08:21 PM
Pretty easy once you get the hang of it...

Not familiar with GS Park... do you mean GG Park? If so, best bets are weekends but they have a nice sign in setup so you can get some pickup games. SF State on 19th also has a sign in on weekends.

If you're staying in the East Bay, the Claremont is a nice spot (maybe T&E writeoff?)... Otherwise, there's the public courts in Berkeley and at UC; don't know if there's anything in Emeryville since it's been built up. Lots in Lamorinda area but mostly clubs and private; gotta know someone.

Now go enjoy some Anchors and dungeness!

MLoutch
07-13-2005, 06:44 AM
Thks much - yea GG not GS - my daughter will be at the Lacrosse camp at UC all week so i am planning to hang around the courts there a bit. I will for sure hit the GG park courts early sunday for a looksee.

rgds

Lee
07-15-2005, 01:05 PM
MLoutch, check out the courts on the Berkeley campus:

I play at the courts on Channing/Dana almost every day. (Very nice court, newly remodeled, slower surface but you would need the key to get in). Other options would be the Hearst Court on Bancroft / College

If you would like to hit, we can set up a time. I am around 4.0 - 4.5. Just email me at jasonlee@berkeley.edu

MLoutch
07-15-2005, 02:43 PM
cool, thks i am 5.0 - 5.5

we'll be staying at the Doubletree at the Marina just down from the campus - we drop off our daughter at the end of the week at the lacrosse camp and we will be hanging around Berekely after Thurday alot - i'll shoot you an email after i check when the wife has nothing planned - one day in napa, one day in santa cruz, one day in...etc.

Lee
07-15-2005, 09:51 PM
awesome! Doubletree is so nice... great place, great food and unbelievable view of the city. I will be around the campus all week (taking summer session right now). But yeah, go ahead and shoot me an email. We can play on this upcoming Thursday, Friday, or the weekends. I'm always up for a good game :)

Jason

evw
07-18-2005, 08:59 AM
MLoutch, I'm a 5.0-5.5 located in SF and may have some time later in the week. Email me at sf_firestarter@yahoo.com if you would like to arrange something.

You can defenitely find a game in GGP but its going to be hard to find a pickup game there with anyone above 4.0. SF State at one time was the best place to pick up a match but thats not the case anymore.. all of the 4.5-5.5 players moved on once they increased the court fees and the courts are often reserved by GLTF.