PDA

View Full Version : fernando verdasco

bigmanoncampus
07-12-2005, 12:28 PM
ive been looking to see this guy somehow, does anyone know where i could see this guy on TV or on the interneet, or osmehow describe his game to me becuase ive been told i habe a similar style to his

gugafanatic
07-12-2005, 01:59 PM
Verdasco is a very talented player with a huge forehand and big serve. He is known to be erratic in his shot selection and tends to lose matches due to his UE. Does not use as much spin as Nadal, Roddick etc.

junelay
07-12-2005, 03:45 PM
he is a lefty, he has nadal like serve except more speed and less spin, his forehand is a big weapon for him because he can flatten it out more than Nadal can, but then his top spin shots are really inaccurate compare to Nadalīs.... his backhand also is similr to Nadal except worse. I just canīt stop comparing him to Nadal, since their forms are rather similar, actually his volley is much better than Nadal, but hey for a clay courter like him, who cares. Last note, he doesnīt have the energy level of Nadal and from what i have seen (against Wawrinka in Gstaad) he needs to work on finishing the points rather than hoping for opponentīs error by playing pusherīs point, he had three match point all of which he played lamely and gave match to Wawrinka.

fjgarciap
07-12-2005, 05:26 PM
I've found a site written in spanish, there's a biography and some pics. Lol it says when he was a child he imitated McEnroe: his parents asked him "What does McEnroe do?" and he took his racquet and threw it to the floor -at the age of two! Lol

Here's the link

http://www.tenispain.com/tenispain/Jugadores2/verdasco/torneos/elninoque.htm

iscottius
07-12-2005, 07:06 PM
I saw Verdasco play Igor Andreev at last years US Open. He has a "HUGE" forehand--After he defeated Roddick this year Andy said he has the biggest forehand he has ever faced. He has a good serve & backhand heavyspin baseliner moves well, is a little young and his game is immature. He tries to overpower his opponents and deciom making is questionable. He has the tools to be a top 20 player..will he ever reach his potential?

verdasco67
07-12-2005, 09:24 PM
he kind of reminds of me of puerta but of course if verdasco improves he can defitnely be a top 20 player.

VamosRafa
07-12-2005, 09:53 PM
he is a lefty, he has nadal like serve except more speed and less spin, his forehand is a big weapon for him because he can flatten it out more than Nadal can, but then his top spin shots are really inaccurate compare to Nadalīs.... his backhand also is similr to Nadal except worse. I just canīt stop comparing him to Nadal, since their forms are rather similar, actually his volley is much better than Nadal, but hey for a clay courter like him, who cares. Last note, he doesnīt have the energy level of Nadal and from what i have seen (against Wawrinka in Gstaad) he needs to work on finishing the points rather than hoping for opponentīs error by playing pusherīs point, he had three match point all of which he played lamely and gave match to Wawrinka.

Rafa really likes playing Verdasco, because he feels that his game matches up very well up against Fernando's. The forehand accuracy likely is the key.

Andres
07-13-2005, 06:40 PM
Nothing to add. They said it all.
Big left-handed server, had some 142's this year...

callitout
07-13-2005, 07:29 PM
I saw same match referred to above Verdasco Andreev on small court at US Open would add a few things. Like so many clay courters, not enough of a second serve to be a force on hardcourts. His ball has huge energy, huge topsin but doesnt drive it as much as Andreev did (Andreev by the way crushes the ball). Dont agree with Guga above about not as much top as Nadal He hits with tons of top though probably not quite the insane level of energy that Nadal has. Also Verdasco's movement is great--like so many Spaniards he appears to be a great athelete playng tennis; great balance and footwork. Bottom line if someone compares a recreational or college players game to Verdasco's its a huge complement.

iscottius
07-13-2005, 09:28 PM
I saw same match referred to above Verdasco Andreev on small court at US Open would add a few things. Like so many clay courters, not enough of a second serve to be a force on hardcourts. His ball has huge energy, huge topsin but doesnt drive it as much as Andreev did (Andreev by the way crushes the ball). Dont agree with Guga above about not as much top as Nadal He hits with tons of top though probably not quite the insane level of energy that Nadal has. Also Verdasco's movement is great--like so many Spaniards he appears to be a great athelete playng tennis; great balance and footwork. Bottom line if someone compares a recreational or college players game to Verdasco's its a huge complement.

great 5 set match, was rooting for andreev to pull it out, was sort of a battle of two players on thier way up-- igors two hander was absolutly awesome

gugafanatic
07-14-2005, 03:28 PM
Andreev was bossed around by A.Rod at Wimbledon. Completely owerpowered. I seriously doubt he could crack the top 20.