PDA

View Full Version : Nadal's Forehand

Chyeaah
10-24-2011, 10:53 PM
Nadal's a righty that plays left handed, so his backhand could kinda count as a changed double handed forehand. Is playing with your left arm good or bad, My backhand is atrocious and everyone ive vsed has a better backhand than mine (but my forehand is better), im constantly doing inside outs, im only low 3.0 level so should i start playing with my left arm to go forehand/backhand exchange to win some matches.

Timbo's hopeless slice
10-24-2011, 10:54 PM
no

next question?

Chyeaah
10-24-2011, 11:21 PM
Next Question. 1 Handed or 2 handed backhand. From my experience, 2 handed goes closer to net and has more errors. 1 handed just lobs the ball into the air, i think its because my placement is wrong with 1 handed. Which one has more potential? What weights do you do to train your 1 handed backhand.

Limpinhitter
10-25-2011, 06:54 AM
Nadal's a righty that plays left handed, so his backhand could kinda count as a changed double handed forehand. Is playing with your left arm good or bad, My backhand is atrocious and everyone ive vsed has a better backhand than mine (but my forehand is better), im constantly doing inside outs, im only low 3.0 level so should i start playing with my left arm to go forehand/backhand exchange to win some matches.

If you're a righty, then a two handed backhand IS basically a left handed forehand. The key to success is to dominate with the left hand and keep the right hand passive, AND get a full upper body rotation - back and forth - in to your technique. With two hands on the racquet, you can't actually swing from the shoulder at all. You have to rotate your upper body and bend the elbows on the windup and follow through.

10-25-2011, 01:11 PM
Next Question. 1 Handed or 2 handed backhand. From my experience, 2 handed goes closer to net and has more errors. 1 handed just lobs the ball into the air, i think its because my placement is wrong with 1 handed. Which one has more potential? What weights do you do to train your 1 handed backhand.

You probably just need to improve your Bh contact point, along with better shoulder turn. If your grip is ok, that will fix most Bh problems.

I would recommend the 2 hander since you don't seem to favor one. It should help more in the long run.

Chyeaah
10-26-2011, 12:03 AM
I love the play style of one hander. Would i have my 1 hander get consistant within 3 hours of only backhands? Im trying to copy fed's backhand, i feel like a two handed backhand restricts me and its the "easier" way to go. Are there any good websites for 1 handed BH'S?

Oh i use Extreme eastern forehand grip, close to a semiwestern. I've used semi western before and was wondering was it ok not to change grips and do a backhand that hits on the same face of the racquet as the forehand?

LeonardKickServe
10-26-2011, 07:49 PM
As a matter of fact Moya was lefty and learned to play with his right hand.His forehand was very very nice.However his 2 two handed backhand was a liability.

rofl_copter3
10-26-2011, 08:18 PM
I love the play style of one hander. Would i have my 1 hander get consistant within 3 hours of only backhands? Im trying to copy fed's backhand, i feel like a two handed backhand restricts me and its the "easier" way to go. Are there any good websites for 1 handed BH'S?

Oh i use Extreme eastern forehand grip, close to a semiwestern. I've used semi western before and was wondering was it ok not to change grips and do a backhand that hits on the same face of the racquet as the forehand?

Don't try to copy someones backhand, do what feels most natural to you... Two hand will be more effective most likely and if you work on it it will be much more consistant

Chyeaah
10-27-2011, 12:07 AM
Started hitting today again, one handed backhands take alot of skill, I think im naturally leaning towards onehanded but since in not so strong i use two handed because everytime i use one handed i use alot of energy holding the racquet in the same position. Insideout forehands are what i usually do and when i cant i just crosscourt two handed backhand.