PDA

View Full Version : USA2 - Netherlands

dozu
10-27-2011, 09:12 AM
apparently not too many bridge players here.... 2 teams in the final going neck and neck.

Vugraph live broadcast with voice commentary..... there is nothing more exciting :)

goober
10-27-2011, 09:42 AM
apparently not too many bridge players here.... 2 teams in the final going neck and neck.

Vugraph live broadcast with voice commentary..... there is nothing more exciting :)

I thought bridge was for old retired people. :)

I actually played quite a bit of bridge in high school, because I had some friends into it. After I graduated though I never played again.

I can think of many things more exciting than a live broadcast bridge commentary, but may be that is just me.

dozu
10-27-2011, 10:56 AM
I thought bridge was for old retired people. :)

I actually played quite a bit of bridge in high school, because I had some friends into it. After I graduated though I never played again.

I can think of many things more exciting than a live broadcast bridge commentary, but may be that is just me.

lol - to me watching people playing cards is exciting... e.g. the WSOP on ESPN.

bridge is much more technical, but less psychological than poker.... what's exciting about it is in a team format you have open closed rooms and wild swings.

goober
10-27-2011, 12:01 PM
lol - to me watching people playing cards is exciting... e.g. the WSOP on ESPN.

bridge is much more technical, but less psychological than poker.... what's exciting about it is in a team format you have open closed rooms and wild swings.

WSOP is exciting because of the drama and the psychology. We you see some guy go all in on bluff and try to keep from sweating bullets while Vince Van patten is going nuts because he can't believe he just did that- it does have some minor drama to it. There are a lot colorful characters which adds to the atmosphere.

Bridge otoh- I don't know. It seems closer to watching live chess than poker.