PDA

View Full Version : Direct TV dropping several Fox Networks channels

CDestroyer
10-28-2011, 10:41 AM
How can they do this in the middle of an intense Sons of Anarchy season? Will Direct go through with this threat or just bluffing again?

mikeler
10-28-2011, 10:44 AM
Which Fox channels?

BigServer1
10-28-2011, 03:02 PM
I hope it's not FX...I need SoA and American Horror Story

downs_chris
10-28-2011, 04:26 PM
I hope it's not FX...I need SoA and American Horror Story

FX is one of the channels they are talking about dropping on November 1st..

autumn_leaf
10-28-2011, 05:22 PM
tv shows on a tv channel O_O. come on guys, you have internet... improvise.

gavna
10-28-2011, 10:13 PM
It's all the FOX owned channels, Natgeo, FX, FOX movies also all of the regional FOX sports channels like Fox Southwest, West...etc. For the most part the Network FOX channel and FOX news not part of the deal BUT in some markets they are and it's possible all FOX channels could be dropped. this issue is getting pretty common and happened a few yrs ago and they came to an agreement that day.

FuriousYellow
10-29-2011, 01:59 PM
Fox wants a 40% increase over their last deal. The only way for DIRECTV to absorb that would be to pass the cost onto its' customers. So, you either lose the Fox channels while they continue to negotiate or you eat a cost increase in your subscription fees.

Nuke
10-30-2011, 06:23 AM
Does anyone really believe they won't come to an agreement? The networks and cable/satellite companies regularly play this game of chicken until magically at the last minute an agreement is hammered out. The networks can't really afford to lose viewers, or their advertising rates will suffer. The cable/satellite companies can't really lose popular networks or the subscribers will drop their service. It's all a big game of posturing for the negotiations.

FuriousYellow
10-31-2011, 03:27 PM
Does anyone really believe they won't come to an agreement? The networks and cable/satellite companies regularly play this game of chicken until magically at the last minute an agreement is hammered out. .

You called it. They apparently reached an agreement today.

Big_Dangerous
10-31-2011, 04:24 PM
You called it. They apparently reached an agreement today.

**** yes!

I don't have to worry about missing the league.

Damn greedy Fox *******s. Better not be passing the increase on to me.

scotus
10-31-2011, 09:08 PM
Fox Channels ran a full-page ad in the LA Times to encourage DirecTV subscribers to cancel DirecTV and sign with other cable/satellite providers.

I will keep DirecTV as long as they keep the 6 channel simultaneous broadcasting of Grand Slam tennis events.

gavna
11-01-2011, 06:14 AM
Look get used to this every time the contracts are up. Last year it was Dish and Fox....also Comcast also had issues with networks. This stuff is going to be public now - no good guy bad guy in this as all the entities are huge corporations looking to get the best deal possible. We are just going to have to deal with it from now on.

downs_chris
11-01-2011, 07:00 AM
I will keep DirecTV as long as they keep the 6 channel simultaneous broadcasting of Grand Slam tennis events.

so they do this for all 4 grand slams?

i'm having serious tennis channel withdrawal after verizon dropped it...

Kevin T
11-01-2011, 07:09 AM
so they do this for all 4 grand slams?

i'm having serious tennis channel withdrawal after verizon dropped it...

You bet they do! They also do it with the golf slams and a few other sporting events. I'm with Scotus...DirecTV for life unless they royally screw up with something.

downs_chris
11-01-2011, 07:11 AM
You bet they do! They also do it with the golf slams and a few other sporting events. I'm with Scotus...DirecTV for life unless they royally screw up with something.

for some reason i thought they just did that for the us open...but nice!! i'm sold!!

mikeler
11-01-2011, 11:00 AM
for some reason i thought they just did that for the us open...but nice!! i'm sold!!

They have multi court coverage the first 8 days of every Grand Slam.

Ronaldo
11-01-2011, 11:11 AM
Anyone watch the Champion's Series on Fox Sports? http://www.championsseriestennis.com/tv_schedule_all.php