PDA

View Full Version : Buyer From Outside TW

michael_1265
10-28-2011, 09:05 PM
I sold my first racquet in September, a really nice 200g. It was a good deal. The buyer dropped me an e-mail, and the money was in my Paypal account almost immediately. I assumed I would get a reference, but he never told me his ID, and I assume now that he wasn't a member. I have no problem with selling to him, but since I'm likely buy or sell only a couple of racquets a year, getting a few references is meaningful. Do sellers usually ask for member IDs before shipping?

Fearsome Forehand
10-29-2011, 09:32 AM
Sometimes, really up to individual discretion.

If you don't post your email address in an ad and allow other members to contact you via the User CP, they will have to log into TW and you will see their TW username in their message.

I always advise people against posting their email addresses on the internet because it opens them up to both spam and fraud. It is an unnecessary risk.

If you sold it relatively cheap (you did), I can guess who bought it to flip it. :)

michael_1265
10-29-2011, 10:16 AM
I figured. It's no big deal, but my intention really was to offer it to someone from the message board. I'll remember not to post my e-mail next time. Someone from Hollywood, CA bought it.

autumn_leaf
10-31-2011, 06:28 PM
I don't have many references myself, when I first started I also stated my bay username so they can use that as my buyer/seller reference.

Also, if the person just created an account to write you a reference it would look suspicious, like you made a dummy account to give yourself a reference. It's much better if you have a reference from a poster that has traded on this board before or at least a well known poster.