PDA

View Full Version : Tennis Channel?

A-rodd
07-12-2005, 10:30 PM
Anyone know anything about the tennis channel? I can't find it on DTV. Is it pro's or pro/am or what?

TheGreatBernie
07-12-2005, 10:47 PM
I subscribed for The Tennis Channel through Cox. They have tiers and under the Sports Tier there's The Tennis Channel.

I'm honestly disappointed with it. I thought there would be more matches shown. It's mostly programs that get you to know the players. Programs like Center Court and Open Access. Once I came home to watch the Federation Cup only to find some kind of 1980's tennis history show that I couldn't care less for.

Maybe others have different experiences than I do.

jukka1970
07-13-2005, 12:46 AM
The tennis channel is new for me. I'm not sure how long cable has had it, but I never noticed it til now. My guess is that it's still fairly new, and the channel is experimenting with different things. I'm happy to see some shows about the players, as well as see matches that I would never get to see on cable in the US, because this country is to bent on baseball which takes up the other 9 sports channels. So for me it's a joy, even though it's not all matches.

The one complaint I do have on it, is the amount of repetition. I mean it's good to show things a few times, like the Fed cup, in case you couldn't see it at the first time shown. But when it's shown for the 7th time in 2 days, it gets very old, and kind of drives me nuts because I don't want to see it for the 7th time. Tennis matches have been going on for over a century so material should not be a problem.

Ronaldo
07-13-2005, 08:47 AM
You both will get plenty of matches from Thursday through Sunday with both Davis Cup semis being shown. The sheer amount of matches during the clay court season became overwhelming. Feast or famine so best record a few matches for later viewing.

gts072
07-13-2005, 10:18 AM
Is the TC available on Comcast cable systems yet? Last I heard, its coming in May. Yeah right....:(

ty slothrop
07-13-2005, 10:39 AM
Comcast just rolled it out unannounced in central NJ two weeks ago. keep the faith, i sent several emails to the local franchise. and yes, I'm taking all of the credit

splink779
07-13-2005, 11:34 AM
Comcast digital just added it here, so I got it.

Babblelot
07-13-2005, 02:17 PM
Is the TC available on Comcast cable systems yet? Last I heard, its coming in May. Yeah right....:(
I just called my Comcast carrier this week...not available in Chitown. :mad:

Andy Hewitt
07-13-2005, 03:42 PM
I just called my Comcast carrier this week...not available in Chitown. :mad:
And I dont think it ever will :(. Keep emailing them and calling them requesting it. NOW!!!