Hey guys, recorded my forehand vs le Ball machine

Back View:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxdNSNZTh_A

Things I have observed:
- Slightly Awkward take back
- Prone to hitting a tad too far from body
- Left leg lifting a bit too much

Any tips/ Pointers Appreciated :D
(sorry for the high noise levels, installing lights on court.)

vincent_tennis
11-01-2011, 11:29 PM
sorry i set it to private by accident -_-

sunof tennis
11-03-2011, 03:45 PM
You look off balance. You appear to be reaching for the ball. You need to get there a be sold on that right leg to push to push off of it.

ho
11-03-2011, 04:34 PM
1/ You hit on your right foot, means you do not open your hip: should push off your right foot at the very beginning to start the forward motion
2/ You take your racket back by your arm independently, should take back with your shoulder, means a deep body rotation
3/ Your left elbow should end up far behind your rib case means you open up your shoulder (chest) early
4/ you generate your spin and speed by just snapping your wrist forward, means errors at your level in match. should keep you wrist in the same laid back during the striking zone. Leave the wrist snap to the pro or whoever have a lot of practice time

fruitytennis1
11-03-2011, 05:08 PM
I'm not a tennis expert like the poster above...but I would say your stroke looks pretty good in general.
You often start your take back a little late
You could get slightly lower(using your knees)
and for being ball machine fed you miss judge the distance too often

LeeD
11-03-2011, 05:25 PM
I like Ho's assessment.
You're slapping at the ball, bad footwork, short swing, and you don't seem to be really watching the ball or have a direction (target).
OTOH, you are very good for a 3.5 player.

Limpinhitter
11-03-2011, 06:23 PM
Hey guys, recorded my forehand vs le Ball machine

Back View:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxdNSNZTh_A

Things I have observed:
- Slightly Awkward take back
- Prone to hitting a tad too far from body
- Left leg lifting a bit too much

You're setting up too far away from the ball and reaching too much for it at contact. This is causing you to be off balance, and to mis-hit some shots. It's good to have swinging room, but, you're overdoing it. I'd say you could set up about 1 foot closer to the ball. But, even 6" closer would help a lot. I also think some of ho's observations (post #4), will cure themselves if you set up a little closer.

PS: What's a "plox?"