PDA

View Full Version : Alicia Molik?

Alexaggie
07-13-2005, 05:14 AM
Has anyone heard any news about Alicia Molik? Has she said anything about when she will start playing again?

equinox
07-13-2005, 08:43 AM
I would not expect alicia to start playing again until the st kilda footy club misses the afl finals.

Besides she's having too much fun in the sack with Fraser Gehrig.

Max G.
07-13-2005, 09:10 AM
She had some sort of "inner-ear infection that affected her balance." Expected to be back sometime this summer, I think... dunno the details...

Yours!05
07-13-2005, 03:14 PM
I would not expect alicia to start playing again until the st kilda footy club misses the afl finals.
Besides she's having too much fun in the sack with Fraser Gehrig.Nooo000oooo!!! Proof?? Don't put me off the best female prospect in 20 years.

Molik out of Wimbledon
Jun 16, 2005
Struggling to even see the ball and move around the court, Alicia Molik had little choice but to make the "heartbreaking" decision to withdraw from Wimbledon and she's unsure is she'll be playing the US Open in late August.
Molik had trained fanatically and surprised doctors when she returned to the court at Birmingham and Eastbourne this month after battling an inner-ear infection since April, but she finally admitted to herself she could not compete at Wimbledon.
Molik is still suffering the effects of the virus vestibular neuronitis which affects the middle and inner ear, causing loss of balance and energy and disturbing vision.
"I feel quite lethargic a lot of the time, I feel like I miscue the ball quite a lot. I do lose vision of the ball," Molik said.
"I haven't been serve-volleying on grass because I find it incredibly difficult to serve at the speed I do and then meet the ball at the net.
"I've changed my game, staying back because I don't have the reaction time to move forward and see the ball.
"I struggle visually, going up for a smash or moving my head quickly is difficult for me.
"Unfortunately the game I play is hard enough when you're 100 per cent, let alone when you're functioning at 70 per cent.
"It's no fun going to a tournament when you hope to get through one round. That's not what I'm about."
In the contest between pride in performance and medical reality on one hand and determination and ambition on the other, Molik eventually had to be prudent, no matter how much she wanted to play at Wimbledon.
"I've given it a go. There's nothing more that I possibly could have done, so it's a relief in a way that I tried," Molik said.
"I've dealt with it pretty well, and this is the right decision, instead of remaining frustrated and playing just for the purpose of walking out on a tennis court."
Molik made the decision to withdraw from Eastbourne and Wimbledon without consulting a doctor, just as she made the choice to go back on the tour so early despite most cases of this virus lingering for about six months.
Rather than setting herself up for further disappointment by targetting a comeback at the US Open as she had for Wimbledon, Molik was now prepared to be patient and wait for her body to tell her when to return.
"At the start of my recovery it was really on my mind that I'd be playing Wimbledon," Molik said.
"That got me very motivated, and at this point in time its extremely disappointing.
"This time I'm not going to put a time frame on it.
"I'll be healthy when I'm healthy, I'll be right when I'm right."
After announcing her withdrawal, Molik was on the telephone to arrange a flight back to Australia.
"Wimbledon is an event I never would have dreamed of missing, and here I am going to miss it," Molik said.
"It's heartbreaking.
"Maybe I will be able to sit back on the couch with Mum and Dad and watch it.
"I never thought I would be watching it on the couch again."

Yours!05
07-19-2005, 09:40 PM
Molik down but not out
By Darren Walton
July 18, 2005

ALICIA Molik hasn't given up on playing next month's US Open as she continues to fight the frustrating inner ear infection that has so cruelly stalled her blossoming career.

Molik's straight-sets loss to American Laura Granville in the first round of a Wimbledon warm-up event in Birmingham last month has been the Australian's only match since being stopped in her tracks in April by vestibular neuronitis.

The energy-sapping condition causes dizziness and loss of perception and balance - and could not have struck Molik at a worse time. She was flying at a career-high world No.8 after winning four tournaments and an Olympic bronze medal in seven glorious months and opening 2005 on fire with 12 straight victories and an Australian Open quarter-final berth.

But after making a premature comeback as she eyed off the Wimbledon crown, the 24-year-old is now putting her health ahead of her tennis ambitions.

The Melbourne-based South Australian is able to practice and is likely to make a decision about the US Open, which starts on August 29, by the end of the month.

Molik has already had to sit out the French Open and Wimbledon this year.

"She would hate to think she would have to miss three grand slams in one year, especially after how she was going," Molik's manager Lisa Chaffey from Octagon said today.

"Obviously the US Open is something she would like to get to, but she's not going to front up to New York without having any tournaments under her belt.

"Really, the next week or so will determine a lot more."

Doctors have told Molik once she finally shakes the infection, she will make a complete recovery and that the condition will not return.

"So she is remaining confident and really is keeping in good spirits," Chaffey said.

"She needs to spend some time at home.

"It's a matter of determining whether she can realistically target the US Open or look to the indoor tournaments in Europe (later in the year for a comeback).''

The big-serving Australian faces another dilemma as she ponders any possible return to the WTA Tour.

Should Molik opt to play the US Open and other tournaments over the north American summer - and not activate her injury-protected ranking afforded to players who are absent from the tour for six months - she faces a major tumble down the rankings if unable to quickly rediscover her touch. Molik is currently 11th in the world but with a stack of rankings points to defend from her fantastic run this time last year.

StraightSets
07-19-2005, 10:16 PM
Such a shame she got struck down with this infection when she did. She had a great run at AO2005.

Yours!05
08-12-2005, 01:49 AM
Molik on track for US Open
August 11, 2005

ALICIA MOLIK is "feeling great" after a long battle with an inner-ear infection and will travel to the US next week to boost her preparations for this month's US Open.

Molik's manager Lisa Chaffey said today the world No.13 had applied for a wildcard entry into the New Haven tournament in Connecticut starting on August 22.

Molik's loss to American Laura Granville in the first round of a Wimbledon warm-up event in Birmingham in June has been the Australian's only match since being stopped in her tracks in April by vestibular neuronitis.

Molik, 24, had been targeting the Rogers Cup in Toronto from August 15 as her comeback tournament but today withdrew from that tournament to allow her to keep training in Melbourne.

Chaffey said the South Australian would fly to New Haven next week and if her wildcard entry was not successful she would simply carry on with training for the US Open at Flushing Meadows starting on August 29.

"We are withdrawing her from Toronto today but she will leave in the middle of next week for the US," Chaffey said.

"She is going to play in the US Open. She just wants a couple of days here in Melbourne to prepare and continue with her training schedule.

"Obviously we are very hopeful she will get a wildcard and play in New Haven but we won't know until probably next Thursday."

Unlike her previous return from injury for Wimbledon this year Molik is a lot more confident she will make a complete comeback and play the last grand slam of the year.

"She's definitely heading off and making this trip feeling as though she has her health under control," said Chaffey.

"(But) she is not putting any great expectations on her results in tournaments over the next couple of weeks.

"She's obviously lacking matches but how she's hitting the ball and her physical fitness, she is feeling really great.

"It's been a massive improvement in the past six weeks and she wouldn't be making this trip if she felt otherwise.

"When she left for the UK with the hope of playing Wimbledon, that was more her desperation wanting to be back on the court, rather than knowing health-wise she was ready to play.

"She has realised in the past six weeks that obviously her health has been the most important thing. "The fact she feels ready to come back and mentally she's really excited about it, obviously it's timely with the last grand slam of the year just around the corner."

AAP

Noelle
08-12-2005, 01:53 AM
I hope she's recovered fully. :) She's a late bloomer and it'll only be a matter of time before her time in the sun is up. It's a pity she became ill just when she was starting to find her stride on tour.

Yours!05
08-12-2005, 01:57 AM
I hope she's recovered fully. :) She's a late bloomer and it'll only be a matter of time before her time in the sun is up. It's a pity she became ill just when she was starting to find her stride on tour.Agree. And how she'll do without match practice...

AndrewD
08-12-2005, 04:53 AM
I was under the impression that she would be attempting to come back for the Toronto event.

Yours!05
08-19-2005, 05:27 PM
...And Alicia Molik's quest for match practice after a long absence has been granted with a wildcard into New Haven next week ahead of the final grand slam of the season in nine days...
- Leo Schlink Aug 20 2005

http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,16319739-23216,00.html

FiveO
08-19-2005, 05:32 PM
Good to hear. I wish Alicia well. The WTA needs her game out there IMO.

Yours!05
08-19-2005, 05:43 PM
Sure hope she's spent her time running backwards and forwards.* Just couldn't get back for Davenport's deep FHs at the AO - and couldn't do it right back at her, unfortunately...

*thinking again - the last thing anyone with balance probs could do:(

Alexaggie
08-19-2005, 08:47 PM
I really hope she does well and can have a good showing in CT. I love to watch her play.

Deuce
08-19-2005, 11:40 PM
If this inner ear infection isn't a prime opportunity for her to sign a contract with New Balance, I don't know what is.

Seems to me that it's just what the doctor ordered...

Yours!05
08-19-2005, 11:45 PM
If this inner ear infection isn't a prime opportunity for her to sign a contract with New Balance, I don't know what is.

Seems to me that it's just what the doctor ordered...Tsk tsk. Making light of the fallen.

Noelle
08-20-2005, 04:36 AM
No no no. Alicia Molik should try to get a Nike contract so she can sport those nifty bandanas Federer and Nadal are wearing... ;)

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=62321

Yours!05
08-22-2005, 02:08 PM
Could have posted this [my] yesterday, but trying to make sure Pilot Pen wasn't being televised. From my scouring of the website - it isn't. Accordingly, thought it worthwhile to keep updates in one thread - at least until she starts cutting a swathe through the WTA.;) If the OP akexaggie could add spoilers to the thread title, that would be good.
Good to see a fairly obscure late bloomer can generate such a degree of interest from her refreshing playing and personal style.
Anyway :( :
Anxiety takes toll on Molik
From correspondents in New York
August 22, 2005

SEVENTH-seeded Australian Alicia Molik couldn't shake off the rust today (AEST) in the final US Open warm-up.
In her first match in more than two months, Molik lost 6-2 6-4 Argentina's Gisela Dulko on the opening day of a WTA and ATP combined hardcourt event.
"I was really over-anxious. I haven't been on a competitive ring for so long. I was gripping my racquet 10 times more that I used to," said Molik.
"I always say I'm my harshest critic out there but I have to cut some slack this time. I got the first one out of the way. It's only going to get better from here."
After a promising 2004 season, Molik suffered a serious setback this year because of an inner ear infection that wreaked havoc on her vision and balance.
Molik's first symptoms occurred in April at Amelia Island. She attempted a comeback in Birmingham two months later but crashed out in the first round.
"I probably came back too soon. But now, I have been feeling very good all week. I didnt have any of the symptoms," said the 2004 Olympic bronze medallist.
Dulko burst ahead, breaking Molik in the first and fifth games to claim the first set in 26 minutes.
Molik performed well below her best, mistiming her shots and misfiring wildly, but the Aussie regrouped and found her range in the second set.
World No.13 Molik took Dulko's serve for the first time in the sixth game to move ahead 4-2 only to surrender the last four games of the match.
Molik approaches the US Open with low expectations.
"I always set high standards for myself," she said.
"But this time, what I want to do is play loose tennis. If I play loose and lose the points by one or two inches while playing strong, I will see that as a success."
In the only other main draw match, Swiss sixth seed Patty Schnyder reached the second round, defeating American Lisa Raymond 6-3 1-6 6-2.

tguru
08-22-2005, 03:50 PM
Molik was rusty and clearly lacked confidence. She frequently opened up the court and then directed the would be putaway safely in the middle of the court letting her opponent right back in to win the point.

Yours!05
08-22-2005, 03:53 PM
Molik was rusty and clearly lacked confidence. She frequently opened up the court and then directed the would be putaway safely in the middle of the court letting her opponent right back in to win the point.Thanks tguru. So it's a long road back then, as expected.

FiveO
08-22-2005, 04:00 PM
Thanks tguru. So it's a long road back then, as expected.

But at least she back on the courts. Better than the alternative.

GRANITECHIEF
08-22-2005, 05:44 PM
Not to mention the Dulko is playing some very good ball at this time, didn't she beat Kuznetsova last week?

tguru
08-23-2005, 06:00 PM
Yours!05, she played dubs today with Corinna Morariu vs Mauresmo/Dechy. Her groundies were okay from the baseline but she couldn't buy a shot in the frontcourt and this aspect got progressively worse. She began to look tense and Corinna appeared to be doing all she could to keep them hinged. Mo and Dechy went to her often when she was in the service box.

Yours!05
08-23-2005, 06:34 PM
Yours!05, she played dubs today with Corinna Morariu vs Mauresmo/Dechy. Her groundies were okay from the baseline but she couldn't buy a shot in the frontcourt and this aspect got progressively worse. She began to look tense and Corinna appeared to be doing all she could to keep them hinged. Mo and Dechy went to her often when she was in the service box.Gloom! Likely the physical capacity will return before that on-a-roll confidence. Appreciate your taking the time to report tguru.

Alexaggie
08-23-2005, 07:20 PM
from all my looking for articles, the losses seemed to be a case of the nerves only and she is not having any more virus problems. Hopefully she will have a good showing at USO and will be back on track.

Yours!05
08-29-2005, 09:30 PM
Spoiler

Perry d. Molik 64 64.
Saw it, but with some interruptions. Perry (113) is an athletic all-courter / S&Ver who played well and smart. She had the mental edge. Molik started OK but began to fade out on the key points. Forehands were wild. Kept going for return winners when it obviously wasn't working, and a deep slice would've slowed Perry down. Guess she was trying to shorten points. Humidity seemed extreme. She served OK. Don't think that'll be the problem.
Not much rhythm on groundies - but that'll come back.
Poor shot selection was a surprise. And footwork was poor. Couldn't get back in time.
She seemed in good shape at the end. Not unhappy.
Barbara Schett was commentating. She seemed to be a fan, and said that it takes a year to come back after 6 months off.

AndrewD
08-29-2005, 11:06 PM
Yours!05,

I wouldn't be too worried about the loss, just so long as she got through with a clean bill of health. I do also think that she's one player who needs to play a lot of matches in order to get her game working well. Given the problem she's had Id doubt that she's had a lot of court time, even in practise, so I think she'll take a little while to find her feet again. Not sure whether she'll be back in good shape by the Aus Open but I hope they dont rush her. The ranking will drop quite a lot - which why Im surprised she came back now- but that wont be an issue when she has literally no points to defend next year from March onwards.

Vantage231511
08-29-2005, 11:10 PM
Played the open yesterday...gone already...

tennissavy
08-30-2005, 03:59 AM
I really like Alicia Molik. She's the kind of gal with whom I could just have a drink and shoot the breeze. I had the opportunity to watch her matches, in person, at the Advanta Championships last November and I was very impressed by her. She is a really solid player who can do it all. She is also very sweet natured. I truly want her to succeed and win at least one grand slam. I felt horrible when she got that bad call on her ace at the Australian Open. She might have beaten Davenport and won the whole event. I believe that she would have remained mentally strong and would have defeated the error prone Serena. Hopefully, she will return to that winning form and attain that personal satisfaction and fulfillment that undoubtedly comes with gram slam victory. I think she absolutely deserves it. I'll be keeping track of her progress and wishing her the best.

Free_Martha
08-30-2005, 07:30 AM
Good to hear. I wish Alicia well. The WTA needs her game out there IMO.
.....I agree.....

Alexaggie
08-30-2005, 12:37 PM
Man i am starved to see her play and she didn't make it far enough to see it in the states. I see that Fox Sports was taping it...did they show it anywhere?

Yours!05
08-30-2005, 02:12 PM
I felt horrible when she got that bad call on her ace at the Australian Open. She might have beaten Davenport and won the whole event. I believe that she would have remained mentally strong and would have defeated the error prone Serena.Was that the once-in-a-lifetime chance to cement a top ten spot and be there to take advantage of the ever-fluid WTA? Anyhow...

I'm on way back: Molik
By Paul Malone
August 31, 2005

ALICIA Molik will undertake a heavy tournament workload on two continents for the rest of the year to avoid a dramatic rankings slide after a shock US Open first-round defeat.

After a four-month battle with an inner-ear infection that affected her vision and balance, Molik wasn't expecting miracles - but she was expecting to beat world No.118 Shenay Perry in the first round.

Playing just her third match since April - and first at a grand slam since her quarter-final loss to world No.1 Lindsay Davenport at the Australian Open in January - Molik lost 6-4 6-4.

The rust was evident and understandable following her health battle, which often left Molik depressed during her enforced absence from the game.

Molik, 24 and ranked No.14, has added tournaments in Asia, starting with Bali on Monday week, and Europe to her schedule in the concluding weeks of the season in which she is defending ranking points earned during her surge through European indoor tournaments last year.

The Australian, who was No.8 in the world last January, said a lack of aggression and ability to read play had been at the heart of her problems against a big-hitting opponent yesterday.

"That's a match I should win, but if I'd attacked more it would have been a straight sets win to me," Molik said. "I feel 110 per cent and today was a massive improvement, but I'm not out here to take my time to get back into it.

"I planned on it [reaching the form of the Australian summer] being this week, but realistically I don't know when."

Veteran Nicole Pratt, looking to reverse the trend of a season in which she has slipped to No.134 in the world, was the only Australian winner on day one after opponent Akiko Morigami retired with cramp in amazing scenes of distress. Pratt was declared the winner 6-7 (0-7) 6-0 (retired) and likes her chances of beating American Laura Granville in the second round.

Melbourne qualifier Peter Luczak's four-set loss to Germany's Tommy Haas came after he had won the first set with pugnacious back-court hitting.
Haas, a former top-five player, sent the game Luczak back to Challenger level tournaments in Europe with a 3-6 6-3 6-2 6-3 defeat.

The Courier-Mail

Yours!05
08-30-2005, 02:24 PM
Yours!05,

I wouldn't be too worried about the loss, just so long as she got through with a clean bill of health. I do also think that she's one player who needs to play a lot of matches in order to get her game working well. Given the problem she's had Id doubt that she's had a lot of court time, even in practise, so I think she'll take a little while to find her feet again. Not sure whether she'll be back in good shape by the Aus Open but I hope they dont rush her. The ranking will drop quite a lot - which why Im surprised she came back now- but that wont be an issue when she has literally no points to defend next year from March onwards.Like your plan better. But maybe she feels the Plantar Fasciitis* stalking her and time pressing. She looked a kilo heavy to me too - maybe just the camera angle.
[*See you've been struck down as well. When I blew out like B. Brownless years ago, was able to make it disappear altogether by weight loss. Best of luck with it.]

Noelle
09-04-2005, 05:18 AM
http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5478,16442776%255E11088,00.html
Open in a lather over Molik flash
Paul Malone, New York
31aug05

ALICIA Molik delivered a flash of skin even more fleeting than her US Open campaign when she changed her sweat-soaked shirt in public during her first-round defeat yesterday.

The Australian, who was wearing a sports bra, was briefly captured on Fox Sports and other international networks taking her shirt off at a second-set change of ends.
The US host network's director quickly switched to pictures of American opponent Shenay Perry.

Male spectators in a small crowd at court 10 at Flushing Meadows cheered Molik's change of shirt in the interests of not delaying the match, and it appeared last night that even in the prudish US, her quick change would be taken in the right vein.

"It was very humid, but the conditions weren't really a factor in the result today," Molik said after her 6-4 6-4 loss.

An International Tennis Federation spokesman said while the grand slam rulebook could cover any code-of- conduct breach, there was nothing in it that related to shirt changes.

Fox Sports commentator Barbara Schett, a former top 10 player, said she had never seen a female player change her top during a match before.

"It's all right for the guys to do it. I would never have sat there in my bra," Schett said.

Alexaggie
09-04-2005, 08:25 AM
Thats an example of why I love to watch her play so much. No BS win at all costs attitude. Then off the court she seems as nice and down to earth as she can be.

Yours!05
09-15-2005, 01:24 PM
Molik loses 'rhythm, nerve'
From correspondents in Nusa Dua, Indonesia
September 16, 2005

THIRD seed Alicia Molik has crashed out of the WTA Wismilak International tournament on the Indonesian resort island of Bali.

Unheralded Ukrainian Alona Bondarenko defeated Molik 6-4 6-2 to advance to the quarter-finals of the biggest women's event in southeast Asia.

"I let her play to her rhythm too much," said Molik. "My serve was also bad today."

Molik, No,14 in the WTA rankings, claimed her first victory since April with a 7-6 6-3 win over Argentina's Mariana Diaz-Oliva in the first round on Tuesday.

She missed the French Open and Wimbledon this year with a virus that affected her balance and her comeback has been slow.

Bondarenko, who reached the Hyderabad final in February but has made little impact since, rallied well and made fewer errors than the Aussie.

Molik allowed her to build a 5-1 first set lead and, although she was able to fight off five set points and pull back to 5-4, Bondarenko won the set and then swept to a 4-0 lead in the second.

Japan's Aiko Nakamura upset fifth-seeded Anna-Lena Groenefeld of Germany 6-3 1-6 6-1.

Second seed Patty Schnyder of Switzerland won her opening match, beating Virginia Ruano Pascual of Spain 6-2 6-3.

It was a difficult match at times for left-handed Schnyder, who had to recover from 1-3 in the second set.

But she swept through three games for the loss of a single point, and then recovered from 0-40 as she served out for the match.

"It was tough. She had a pretty good run in the second set and I really had to fight back and focus on every point," said Schnyder.

Schnyder will play Aika Nakamura in the quarter-finals.

Flavia Pennetta beat Jie Zheng of China 4-6 6-3 6-3 to set up an all-Italian clash with Francesca Schiavone. Another Italian, Maria Elena Camerin, will play Lindsay Davenport after overcoming Ekaterina Bychkova of Russia 6-4 6-3.

Agence

Yours!05
09-16-2005, 03:21 PM
Virus made me a recluse: Molik
From Barry Wood in Bali
September 17, 2005

ALICIA Molik has revealed the full extent of the debilitating virus that has ruined her year, saying it not only sapped her energy but turned her into an unhappy recluse.

Speaking at the Wismilak International in Bali, where she was a shock second-round loser on Thursday, Molik said the virus, known as vestibular neuronitis, had turned her into a different person.

Uncomfortable and unable to do much more than just mootch around the house, she was miserable and far from her usual upbeat self.

"A lot of times I wished I was invisible," Molik said.

"I didn't feel like socialising with people, and that's not me. So it wasn't a fun period of time. It was incredibly frustrating, not to want to be around people or go out and do things.

"It gave me a chance to do other things, like visit my family in Adelaide and spend time with them, but I definitely wasn't myself."

Molik is still struggling to recover her winning ways after missing months of competition. A first round win over Mariana Diaz-Oliva in Bali was followed by a 6-4 6-2 defeat against little-known Ukrainian Alona Bonderenko on Thursday.

The virus, which struck Molik following the Miami tournament in March, affected her balance and vision and left her constantly fatigued.

"I woke up and felt terrible," she said. "The room was spinning and I was off-balance. It lasted one day, then for 48 hours, and it continued for about five months.

I was playing great tennis, enjoying myself, winning a lot of matches, and then to be struck down by something that takes you out of the game for so long was a real shame."
The setback could not have happened at a worse time. Melbourne-based Molik was the toast of Australian sport after winning the Sydney International and then becoming the first Australian-born woman to reach the quarter-finals of the Australian Open since Anne Minter in 1988.

Before that, she earned a bronze medal at the Athens Olympics, beat Wimbledon champion Maria Sharapova to claim the Zurich title, and also carried off the winner's trophy from Stockholm and Luxembourg.

The first suggestion that something was wrong came when she was playing in Miami. Then she lost a match she shouldn't have at Amelia Island.

"At the end of Miami I was feeling incredibly fatigued, slightly dizzy and a little bit heavy at times," she said.

"I was struggling the week before I really fell ill with my energy level. It was an effort to tie my shoelaces, I remember that, not wanting to change shoes because I knew it would require an effort."

Puzzled and worried, Molik had no choice but to return home, find out what the problem was, and wait it out. Recovery was slow and weeks turned into months.

Although away from the tour, Molik kept tuned in to what was happening and she was able to revert to childhood and watch the grand slams she was missing with her family.

"I watched tennis on TV," she said. "It was during the period of the French Open and Wimbledon so there was no way in the world I would miss those two.

"It was actually kind of nice watching it from the couch, and at the same time it definitely motivated me to get better and wish that I was back on tour.

"Not since I was a little girl did I watch Wimbledon from my couch, at home with my parents staying up late. So it was kind of nice from that perspective."

It's been hard waiting for the wins to come again. She didn't win a set in Birmingham, or New Haven, or at the US Open. She was also struggling when Diaz-Oliva was serving for the first set in Bali, before turning things around to earn a 7-6 6-3 victory. That win was a huge relief.

"You've already come off such a frustrating and draining time, and you're experiencing more frustration in wanting things to happen so soon," she said.

"I'm impatient and it is incredibly disappointing, but I did have such a long period out of the game, so I think a lot of my problem and frustration has been getting down on myself for losing.

"At some point I've got to cut myself a bit of slack. I always expect so much, probably too much, of myself all the time. I don't let up, so I've got to keep that in mind also. I like to think I am, but I'm definitely not a machine.

"I left on a high, and the difficult part initially is having to accept that I wasn't able to come back at that same playing level. I remember the level I was playing, and it's difficult to accept that you start a little bit lower and gradually start to find a bit of form.

"I still need more matches, more sets, more pressure points.

"It's been a long process, and it's going to still be a process to find that true form, that solid tennis that I was playing earlier in the year, day after day, week after week."

The Australian

Yours!05
09-19-2005, 09:14 PM
Molik makes early exit
By Bill Scott in Beijing
September 20, 2005

ALICIA Molik has dicovered just how much work she still needs to recover her form after a viral infection.

The Australian lost 7-6 (7-1) 6-7 (4-7) 6-4 to Argentine Mariana Diaz-Oliv at the China Open here overnight.

With the Williams sisters and Maria Sharapova awaiting second-round opponents after automatic opening round byes, the event moved slowly into motion with a pair of opening-day first-round singles matches.

Second seed Lindsay Davenport withdrewt with lower back pain having lifted the 49th title of her career withvictory in Bali over Italy's Francesca Schiavone on Sundayn.

Her absence put German Anna-Lena Groenfeld into the draw.

Fifth seed Molik, still testing herself after more than five months out after suffering the illness which kept her off court except in limited spurts of fruitless play, struggled for just under three hours.

Molik had 35 unforced errors, 20 in the opening set alone.

The victory was revenge for Diaz-Oliva, who had lost to Molik in the Bali first round a week ago.

In the only day match, a broken shoelace couldn't save Akiko Morigami from a first-round defeat.

The Japanese lost to countrywoman Ai Sugiyama 7-6 (7-3) 6-4.
The interruption snap occurred 90 minutes into the contest, with a replacement rushed out on court for Morigami while Sugiyama was forced to cool her heels

Press Association

Alexaggie
09-19-2005, 09:39 PM
Looks like it's going to be a long road back

Yours!05
10-04-2005, 02:58 PM
Dechy d. Molik 6-3 6-3
1st Round Filderstadt

Yours!05
10-17-2005, 02:28 PM
Molik vows to bounce back
By Barry Wood in Zurich
October 18, 2005

ALICIA Molik will again attempt to get her career back on track when she defends the Zurich Open title this week.

The amiable Australian overcame Maria Sharapova to win the biggest title of her career a year ago, adding to her bronze medal at the Athens Olympics.
There were also smaller triumphs in Stockholm and Luxembourg, and this year she kept her run going by winning the Sydney title and becoming the first Australian-born woman to reach the quarter-finals of the Australian Open since 1988.
But then, playing in Miami, it all went wrong. She felt dizzy, couldn't focus, couldn't play as she wanted to. And the culprit was a debilitating virus known as vestibular neuronitis.
"The room was spinning and I was off-balance," said Molik, "and it continued for about five months. I was playing great tennis, enjoying myself, winning a lot of matches, and then to be struck down by something that takes you out of the game for so long was a real shame."
Since that tournament in April, Molik has managed just one victory in eight matches. Out of the game until August, except for an aborted comeback attempt shortly before Wimbledon, Molik has struggled to recover the form that made her one of the most dangerous players on the tour.
"It's been a long process, no doubt, but I've been doing the best with what I've been able to do," she said.
"It's definitely been a long road. I had some of the best times of my career earlier in the season, and it's very difficult and disappointing times now. Sometimes it's frustrating, but it is what it is.
"But I'm very good at looking forward to things. I never think I'm the one drawing the short straw. I always look at the positives and I always look for things I can do better whether that be recovery, my tennis, beyond it.
"I'm out on the tennis court. I'm not at home on the couch, so that's a good thing. I'm in Switzerland, I love the people here, I love the food. There's a lot of positives.
"I'm very confident it will happen. When is a question mark, but there's no doubt in my mind it will return.
"I'm working as hard as I can and doing everything I possibly can, and the next thing is for things to fall in place at some stage," added Molik, seeded eight here, whose openeing match is against Serbia's Jelena Jankovic.
In overnight first-round action, both seventh seed Anastasia Myskina and unseeded Silvia Farina Elia advanced when their opponents retired with injuries.
Myskina beat Vera Zvonareva 6-2 3-0 after dominating her fellow Russian with some fine serving and strong returns, winning 12 of the last 14 points of the first set and breaking twice in the second.
Farina Elia struggled at first against another Russian, Elena Likhovtseva, but advanced when here opponent sustained a hamstring strain with the Italian leading 2-6 6-4 2-0.
In the only other match played on the opening day, Bulgaria's Magdalena Maleeva took just an hour to overpower Russian teenager Anna Chakvetadze 6-1 6-1. Maleeva, who will retire after this tournament, was barely troubled by an erratic opponent who struggled to put the ball in play.

Agence France-Presse

equinox
10-18-2005, 04:19 AM
I'm suprised she's still in the top20. Doesn't she have points to defend in the us summer circuits?

ontherise17
10-18-2005, 08:55 AM
i dunno about "bounce back"...maybe claw...seems like shes gonna need to work hard cuz shes lost a lot of first round matches in smaller tournaments to pretty low ranked players.

Craig Sheppard
10-18-2005, 09:39 AM
I'm suprised she's still in the top20. Doesn't she have points to defend in the us summer circuits?

Yeah but wouldn't she have a protected ranking?

Yours!05
10-18-2005, 11:31 PM
Dizziness, balance problems, apparently. Particularly, exhaustion from "compensation" for the deficits.
Still due to play Belgium next.

Molik retires; Schnyder, Hantuchova, Dechy advance in Zurich

AP - Oct 18, 2:18 pm EDT
ZURICH, Switzerland (AP) -- Defending champion Alicia Molik retired in the second set of her first-round match at the Zurich Open on Tuesday, the eighth time in nine tournaments the Australian has been knocked out in the opening round.
The eighth-seeded Molik, who has struggled for half the year to recover from an inner ear infection, was trailing Jelena Jankovic 3-6, 2-4 when she retired.
Jankovic, a three-time finalist this year, will face Serbia-Montenegro compatriot Ana Ivanovic, who squandered three match points in the second set before beating France's Tatiana Golovin 6-4, 5-7, 7-5.
In other matches, sixth-seeded Patty Schnyder of Switzerland beat Gisela Dulko of Argentina 6-1, 6-3. Schnyder will play Magdalena Maleeva of Bulgaria, who plans to retire after the tournament.
Daniela Hantuchova of Slovakia rallied to beat Ai Sugiyama of Japan 1-6, 7-5, 6-4 and will oppose top-seeded Lindsay Davenport of the United States in the second round.
Katarina Srebotnik of Slovenia also advanced, beating Shinobu Asagoe of Japan 6-4, 7-6 (7), and will meet second-seeded Amelie Mauresmo of France.
Also, Nathalie Dechy of France beat Svetlana Kuznetsova of Russia 6-4, 4-6, 7-6 (3). Dechy will meet fourth-seeded Elena Dementieva of Russia.

StraightSets
10-18-2005, 11:53 PM
Damn it. Hopefully Alicia can overcome this problem sooner rather than later... It is really unfortunate that she got this infection at the time she did.

Here's hoping she has a speedy, FULL recovery.

Yours!05
10-19-2005, 02:44 PM
I'm suprised she's still in the top20. Doesn't she have points to defend in the us summer circuits?The latest defeat will see Molik drop outside the top 20 next week, and her rankings slide will then continue, and actually gather speed, as long as she keeps failing to defend the mass of points she accrued during her golden run.
Nevertheless, Chaffey [coach] said Molik remained resilient and planned to play in Belgium next week before heading to the US for the Advanta Championships, her last event of 2005.
"She doesn't want to be seen as whining or whingeing," Chaffey said.
"She's still entered in Hasselt and Philly, and she will see out the year and then we'll reassess things.
"She understands the past year has been amazing, that she had the absolute best times of her life winning the bronze medal, then continuing on in tournaments in Europe and she had an unbelieveable time playing so well at home at the Australian Open.
"But she didn't know what was around the corner, so it's been one extreme of emotions to the other for her. "But she's got an amazing head on her shoulders and is always positive and it's a matter of taking care of herself now."

- with AAP

Agence France-Presse

AndrewD
10-20-2005, 12:26 AM
A huge drop in rankings shouldn't be seen as the end of world. When she's fit and healthy she's a top ten player so better to fall all the way to 1000 and make a full recovery than try to defend points and prolong the illness.

The one thing in Alicia's favour is that the women's game hasn't progressed over the last couple of years. A few years back the Williams sisters took it up a few notches and the players had to adjust. At the moment no-one is raising the standard. When Alicia does make it back, fit and healthy, it won't be to a game that has passed her by (as was the case with Hingis).

Noelle
10-21-2005, 07:22 AM
Sad news.

http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,16993547-23216,00.html
Molik reportedly set to retire

AUSTRALIA's former world No.8 Alicia Molik is reportedly set to announce her retirement from tennis.

Sources within the Molik camp said the 24-year-old, who has been hampered by inner ear virus vestibular neuronitis, was set to quit the sport within the next few days, Fox Sports TV news reported.

The illness, which affects her vision and balance and drains her of energy, stopped Molik in her meteoric climb up the women's tennis rankings.

It limited Molik to one match in five months before the Olympic bronze medallist made her fulltime comeback to the tour at New Haven at the end of August.

But since her return she has won just one of her seven matches, with her world ranking falling to 13th.

AAP

rhubarb
10-21-2005, 07:32 AM
I'm not sure, but I think they have their wires crossed in that article. Have a look at this one, yet it doesn't mention retirement, just finishing up for the year. I can see how they might have taken some quotes out of context.

http://www.theage.com.au/news/tennis/molik-weighing-up-her-options/2005/10/20/1129775903377.html

Noelle
10-21-2005, 07:40 AM
Thanks, rhubarb. The FoxSports article claims unnamed sources from inside the Molik camp, but since there's been no official announcement about it I am holding out hope that she just rests for the remainder of the year and tries to come back when she's fully recovered (or when she's found a way to compensate for her messed-up balance). Just... no retirement, please. When she was fit, she was one of my favorite women players to watch because of her all-court style.

rhubarb
10-21-2005, 07:45 AM
Yes, it would be an awful shame to see her go. I'm not terribly fond of women's tennis, but there are one or two players I would watch, and Alicia is one of them.

Yours!05
11-04-2005, 03:15 PM
Molik to lend ear to advice
By Linda Pearce
October 28, 2005
ALICIA Molik will enlist public help in her career-threatening battle with the inner-ear virus vestibular neuronitis. Although the door on her tennis career may be closed for six to 12 months, the ailing Australian No. 1 remains open to suggestion from any source.
Molik arrived in Melbourne from Switzerland on Wednesday afternoon, a week after retiring from her aborted first-round match in Zurich. Her agent, Lisa Chaffey, said Molik would consult her Melbourne specialist and also was likely to travel to Sydney for further neurological advice.
Chaffey said public input would be welcomed in the search for a cure. Dr Mark Paine from the Royal Victorian Eye and Ear Hospital told The Age this week that up to 25 per cent of vestibular neuronitis sufferers never fully recovered.
"Alicia's open to hearing from anyone who's had a similar illness or similar symptoms " Chaffey said yesterday. "She wants to keep all options open "
With her ranking already having tumbled 10 places to 23rd in the past week, Molik has written off the Australian summer, which was to have included the Hopman Cup as a lead-in to the Australian Open.
Lleyton Hewitt remains an unlikely starter for next week's Paris Masters, from which world No. 1 Roger Federer and his pursuer, Rafael Nadal, have withdrawn.

larrhall
11-04-2005, 03:23 PM
I like her a lot. I just saw my ENT specialist so I'll send him an email. Maybe he has some ideas, one never knows.

equinox
11-05-2005, 01:29 AM
Yeah she's really cool. A very nice level headed girl.

It's a great shame what's happened to her.

I hope she stays active with tennis related activities like casual coaching of aussie juniors while she slowly recovers.

Yours!05
11-19-2005, 09:36 PM
Lawn Bowls. Sporting gifts apply to anything...:)
http://www.theage.com.au/news/sport/sporting-life/2005/11/13/1131816809478.html
(Choose the Free Pass option to avoid registration.)

Alexaggie
11-21-2005, 11:34 AM
Ha Ha Thats great.....kind of like the movie blackball.:mrgreen: I hope she still likes tennis after her break!

Yours!05
12-01-2005, 11:00 AM
Some rare court time for Molik
By Leo Schlink
December 1, 2005

ALICIA Molik will tonight make a brief return to tennis.

Sidelined indefinitely because of inner ear virus vestibular neuronitis, Molik will play a mixed doubles match with retired star Todd Woodbridge.
The celebrated pair will turn out at Vodafone Arena in support of the ISIS Bone Growth Tennis Charity.
She will team up with world record-holder Woodbridge, the nine-time Wimbledon doubles champion, at the Melbourne fundraiser.
Molik and Woodbridge will face Davis Cup captain John Fitzgerald and Lleyton Hewitt's coach Roger Rasheed.
The ISIS Bone Growth Tennis Charity raises money for research into children's bone growth disorders enabling kids with bone growth problems to enjoy a vastly improved lifestyle. Test cricketer Shane Warne and retired Australian basketballer Andrew Gaze have also agreed to take part tonight.

The Daily Telegraph

legolas
12-01-2005, 01:27 PM
shes gonna be back in 2007, i heard

Yours!05
01-28-2006, 07:40 PM
Answering a question about Fed Cup, her manager said recently that it wasn't on her horizon. There is a twelve month plan which I interpreted to mean that if at any time in that period she is considered to be fully fit, she will rejoin the tour. Otherwise find something else to do. Full training is to resume next month. She will be involved with coaching juniors too.
And from another post of mine:Molik has been around the AO commentating (improving pleasingly), conducting serving-for-charity comps in the city, and preparing for a stint on Dancing With the Stars! Apparently this will not challenge her balance deficit;) . Er, she has added some "condition" since I last saw her.

Noelle
01-29-2006, 02:06 AM
I realized I miss her badly when I saw her interview Sharapova post-match. :)

smiley
01-29-2006, 02:12 AM
there is a rumour she is on Dancing with the Stars....is this true?

Yours!05
01-29-2006, 03:42 AM
there is a rumour she is on Dancing with the Stars....is this true?See Post #60.;)

Yours!05
02-21-2006, 01:55 AM
Reporting to you from the netherworld of Aussie TV.:o

Just seen Alicia on Deal or no Deal and Dancing With the Stars.
In the first she interracted very well with the host, no talking over his lines, took it seriously, plenty of self-deprecating humour.

In Dancing she was great. She is very tall (and not at her playing weight) but did better than some of the others, and always with that smile.
She is a total natural on TV, nerveless, camera loves her, good comic timing, charisma plus. Could easily make a living on the Speaker Circuit.
She was concerned that the balance problem would interfere and several times remarked that she wanted to stay close to her partner. Didn't answer a direct question about it.
Obviously it is still hanging around.:(

Yours!05
03-23-2006, 11:52 AM
Very strange. She's nowhere near fit. Very surprising for someone like her to make a decision like this.
Molik planning shock comeback
March 23, 2006

ALICIA Molik is planning a shock comeback to professional tennis just a week after vowing not to rush her return from a career-threatening virus.

Molik hasn't played since a nagging inner ear infection forced Australia's former world No.8 to retire mid-match in the first round of her Zurich title defence last October.

But in a major surprise, the 25-year-old was today named in Australia's five-woman Fed Cup squad to contest the Oceania play-offs in Seoul next month.
Molik had planned to sit out the entire 2006 season to try to recover from vestibular neuronitis, a debilitating condition that left her fatigued and off-balance since first striking her down last April.
"She's really excited. She's got a real bug in her belly to get back on court," Molik's manager Lisa Chaffey said today.
"She's been practising for the last couple of weeks and it's great she's made herself available for the Fed Cup."
Although Australia's team will not be finalised until the day before for the week-long round-robin in South Korea begins on April 17, Molik considers the timing and environment perfect for a comeback, and hopes to use the event to test the waters before embarking on a full-scale return to the WTA Tour.
The Australia team is being captained by her former long-time coach David Taylor for the first time and Molik is certain to be picked for doubles at least if she feels up to playing.
"Alicia's not seeing this as a one-off," Chaffey said.
"Timing-wise, she thinks it's good she will be surrounded by Aussies and a really good support crew.
"After that, she will look at making a return to the tour possibly at a couple of claycourt tournaments in Europe before the French Open.
"She's thrilled. At the end of last year, she looked like taking the whole of 2006 off.
"She took time off to look after her health and she feels she's done that."
Molik had been flying before being stopped in her tracks in Miami last April.
The Melbourne-based South Australian had soared to a career-high ranking inside the world's top 10 after capturing four titles and a cherished Athens bronze medal in six memorable months.
Molik attempted to soldier on with her illness but suffered three straight first-round defeats before reluctantly opting to skip Wimbledon.
After a two-month break, the 2005 Australian Open quarter-finalist made another unsuccessful return at the US Open before five defeats in her next six matches forced Molik to abort her comeback in tearful fashion while trailing Jelena Jankovic 6-3 4-2 in the first round of the Zurich Open.
Molik has since slumped to No.295 in the world but will return to the tour with a special protected ranking inside the top 20 whenever she steps back on court for a WTA event.
Just last week Molik was reluctant to set a date for a return to competitive tennis.
"I made a premature comeback last time so it's very important that I am comfortable and that my game is steadily improving before I do that again," Molik said after her elimination from the Seven Network's Dancing with the Stars.
"I want to feel comfortable and I don't want to put too much expectation on myself." Molik will be joined in Seoul by Samantha Stosur, Nicole Pratt, Rennae Stubbs and Fed Cup debutante Casey Dellacqua.

AAP

Alexaggie
03-23-2006, 12:05 PM
Thanks for posting this. What great news!! I hope she is truly healed up and will begin getting back in good form.

pinky42
03-23-2006, 07:08 PM
I hope she has a successful comeback. She's got an entertaining game.

tennissavy
03-23-2006, 07:19 PM
I certainly hope Alicia will be healthy and play to her potential but I am not overly optimistic.

Yours!05
04-11-2006, 02:10 PM
Too soon? Don't hear anything about whether the symptoms have gone...

Last dance treads on toes of Molik comeback
By Linda Pearce
April 12, 2006

ALICIA Molik's return to tournament tennis will come about half-a-year earlier than anticipated, yet oddly also a week or two later than she was physically able.
Molik will make her comeback in Rome next month the earliest date possible after fulfilling her commitment to the television series Dancing With The Stars.
Just as Collingwood's Brodie Holland discovered last year that celebrity and sporting schedules can sometimes clash, Molik will delay her first appearance on the European claycourt circuit until the Italian Open on May 15. She may then enter the Istanbul Cup the following week, ahead of the French Open on May 29.
Molik's manager, Lisa Chaffey, said yesterday that Molik was obliged to appear in the series finale on May 9.
Chaffey confirmed that had the program finished earlier, Molik would have entered one or two other WTA Tour events, rather than returning to Australia after Fed Cup duty in South Korea next week.
"Alicia was aware all along that when she signed up to do Dancing With The Stars, she had to come back for the last episode " said Chaffey, who stressed that Molik was happy to fulfil her commitment to the network that also employed her in a tennis commentary role over summer.
The overlap is an indication of how quickly Molik has progressed since she announced that she would take an indefinite break from the game to seek treatment for the debilitating condition vestibular neuronitis.
Molik left Melbourne yesterday for Seoul, where she will be the first Australian to prepare under new Fed Cup captain and her old personal coach David Taylor.
Australia has named a squad of five that must be reduced to four ahead of the Asia/Oceania play-offs, which start next Wednesday. Molik will be joined by Sam Stosur, Nicole Pratt, Rennae Stubbs and Casey Dellacqua.
"She's just going to get over there a little bit early and practise for the next week or so and get acclimatised " Chaffey said.
"It's a lot different practising at home to playing tournaments again but Alicia knows there will be some good weeks and some weeks that aren't so good "
Having not contested an official match since retiring in tears from the first round of her Zurich title defence last October, the former world No. 8 will be granted a protected ranking that guarantees her main-draw entry to all tour events.
Molik broke into the top 10 for the first time last February, but has been healthy for just a handful of tournaments since.

See pic. Too much "condition":
http://www.theage.com.au/news/tennis/molik-comeback-delayed/2006/04/11/1144521337015.html

arosen
04-11-2006, 05:57 PM
Wow, she put some blubber on quick. It's a long climb back for her. She is a great gal though, a good friend of Kuz, would be nice to see her regain her form.

Yours!05
04-16-2006, 12:28 AM
Resilient Molik in for the long haul

Margie McDonald

April 15, 2006

ALICIA MOLIK can absorb the physical pain of clawing her way back into the world's top 10 but coach David Taylor is concerned about the inherent mental strain.

Molik had not touched a racquet in six months before lining up hitting partners at Melbourne Park last month.
This week she is in Seoul with the rest of the Fed Cup team to try to drag Australia from the depths of the Asia-Oceania zonal group, back into the elite World Group.
The 25-year-old has a similar long climb ahead to put herself back in the dress circle of the WTA tour, having occupied a top-10 ranking for three months in 2005 including a career-high No.8 on February 28.
But then an inner ear infection, vestibular neuronitis, took hold and ruined her year. It ended with four successive first-round losses during September-October in Beijing, Filderstadt, Moscow and Zurich.
But now Molik is back. The question is how long will it take her to recapture that 2004-early 2005 form.
"Anything is possible with hard work and Alicia really got there from hard work," said Taylor, her personal coach and Australia's newly appointed fulltime Fed Cup captain.
"She is very dedicated to tennis and there is no reason with that attitude she can't do it again.
"At one stage (in 2004) she won 36 from 41 matches but this time she's going to have to cope with exiting in the first round maybe two or three times in a row.
"She can certainly get back there as long as she takes her time and gives herself the time."
The frustration of her game not coming together quickly when she felt physically strong enough, was the mental battle confronting Molik, Taylor said.
That is why she is easing herself back with the team competition of Fed Cup before tackling the WTA Tour again.
Taylor is unsure how his professional relationship with Molik will unfold. Under Tennis Australia's new structure, the Fed Cup and Davis Cup captains are on-call for all squad members all year. But Molik may want a coach to travel with her solo.
"Obviously with this role, she can now access me as much as everyone else. I will be helping her out in Europe this year leading up to the French and Wimbledon but other than that we haven't really discussed what will happen next," Taylor said.
But the two are united in trying to salvage Australia's standing in Fed Cup.
While the men are into the Davis Cup semi-finals the women are three levels below World Group.
The Asia-Oceania zonal tie begins on Wednesday with the winner playing one of the losers from World Group II. If Australia succeeds there, it must then beat a loser from the World Group to re-enter the top tier, which currently includes Belgium, the US, Russia, Spain and France.
"There's an expectation among our squad that Australia belongs back in the top group and that's what we're working towards," said Taylor, who has the world No.1 and No.6 doubles players, Samantha Stosur and Rennae Stubbs, in Seoul along with Nicole Pratt and Casey Dellacqua.
It is a round-robin format with no reverse singles, meaning the doubles has greater significance as it often decides a tie.
Taylor will name his two singles and doubles players on Tuesday and is very pleased Molik has put her hand up for either.
"I've had reports from her hitting partners and they all said that while she wasn't playing top-10 tennis, she was playing well enough for this tie.
"When you have somebody of Alicia's calibre willing to put their hand up it's hard to overlook her. She is very keen, unbelievably keen, to get back. She understands it's going to take a while."
So what realistically can Molik do at Roland Garros and Wimbledon this year? She missed those two major tournaments through illness last year.
"Look, who knows?" Taylor said. "In tennis lots of things can happen. I know she gets better with each match, there's no doubt about that. So it's a case of how things look with the draw and if she strings two or three matches together ... that'd be just great."

http://theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,20867,18816996-2722,00.html

Yours!05
05-03-2006, 02:33 PM
By Leo Schlink
May 4, 2006

....Alicia Molik lost her comeback match to compatriot Casey Dellacqua at a tournament in Gifu, Japan.
Molik, playing her first tournament since last October, took a wildcard into the ITF event and lost 4-6 6-3 6-4 to the No.4 seed on Tuesday.

The Advertiser

equinox
05-04-2006, 07:01 AM
A young lady who plays in my tennis team is traveling with moliks support team atm.

She's been best friends with molik since there junior days.

I've heard she's been moliks hitting partner and doesn't it look she'll make it back for our finals series in june.

Which is a shame because we need all the help we can get against the top team.

She was very good, me and her won 6-0. She made it very easy for me. :>

Alexaggie
05-04-2006, 09:22 AM
Well thats at least a good start.....before she quit the last time, she couldnt even win a set!