PDA

View Full Version : Spadea quite wooden at net

IvanYentl
07-13-2005, 08:07 AM
I caught a bit of the Rusedski/Spadea final last night and was shocked at how incompetent Spadea looked at net. The few times he did come in, he hit a couple of volleys that reminded me of myself on a bad day. While I understand that he is a baseliner by trade, he should at least be competent at net, he is a pro after all.

Max G.
07-13-2005, 09:19 AM
I caught a bit of the Rusedski/Spadea final last night and was shocked at how incompetent Spadea looked at net. The few times he did come in, he hit a couple of volleys that reminded me of myself on a bad day. While I understand that he is a baseliner by trade, he should at least be competent at net, he is a pro after all.

Hm. Well, I saw both his final against Rusedski and his semi against Goldstein, and from what I saw he was competent enough at net. He didn't give the impression of being a net virtuoso, but nor did he give me the impression that once he gets a volley he's lost. He seemed to me to be about average at net...

Maybe he looked incompetent compared to Greg Rusedski or Wesley Moodie, but I thought he wasn't bad at all compared to the general crop of baseliners out there.

dennis1188
07-13-2005, 12:59 PM
IMO, 'incompetent', no but maybe, a bit tired.

gugafanatic
07-13-2005, 04:19 PM
Moodie is an awesome volleyer with great reflexes.