PDA

View Full Version : Battlefield 3

FedExpress 333
11-11-2011, 06:04 PM
Anyone play this? I was sick of the same MW2 repackaged, so I tried this game, and it is AWESOME. Probably the best FPS I have ever played. How do you guys like this? Any tips or anything are welcome. I like playing rush more than conquest, but that is just me. I hate TDM though, just seems do COD-like.

FEDERERNADAL13
11-11-2011, 06:12 PM
Anyone play this? I was sick of the same MW2 repackaged, so I tried this game, and it is AWESOME. Probably the best FPS I have ever played. How do you guys like this? Any tips or anything are welcome. I like playing rush more than conquest, but that is just me. I hate TDM though, just seems do COD-like.

I like MW3, and have never tried battlefield. is it as good as it sounds?

USERNAME
11-11-2011, 06:17 PM
Singleplayer/co-op: BF3>MW3
Online/multiplayer: BF3<<<MW3

Agent Orynge
11-11-2011, 06:20 PM
Check out the last few pages of this thread;

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=137211

FedExpress 333
11-11-2011, 08:38 PM
I do not like that NO ONe uses the mic on BF3, even with teamwork sooo important. Once I managed to get on a squad with my friends with a mic, we just owned. If any Xboxers wanna play with teamwork, add me :GT: RainingAmoeba79

And yes, it is MUCH better than MW3!

flyinghippos101
11-11-2011, 08:44 PM
Singleplayer/co-op: BF3>MW3
Online/multiplayer: BF3<<<MW3

You have it the other way around champ. BF3 single player and co-op is absolute **** while CoD multiplayer is pretty meh.

If anyone wants to hit up battlefield 3 anytime,
GT:flyinghippos101

USERNAME
11-12-2011, 12:05 AM
You have it the other way around champ. BF3 single player and co-op is absolute **** while CoD multiplayer is pretty meh.

If anyone wants to hit up battlefield 3 anytime,
GT:flyinghippos101

No way!!! MW3 Story was great but it was way to easy, BF3 actually forced me to think in single player. As for multi... Im really into talking trash and fast paced action so I always will gravitate to CoD, BUT the thing about MW3 is that they worked out those small kinks from BOps.

FedExpress 333
11-12-2011, 08:27 AM
OK I know some of you want the guides on how to be at the top of the leaderboards all the time, have a 1000-to-1 KD ratio and win every match.

That's NOT what you will find here. I am, at best, a mediocre Battlefield player. But I have learned a few things that may help some rank amateurs out. Again, if you are even a moderate player, you probably won't find any tips you don't already know here, this is strictly for the newbies. Feel free to post your own additions (or corrections :P )

#1 - You aren't Rambo. Running out in the open with your guns blazing will get you killed and often do your side no good. Don't get me wrong, sometimes heroic suicidal sprints do actually work, but most of the time you'll just be dead that much quicker.

#2 - Stick with a team of players. Even if its one other player. A guy running around on his own gets gunned down because there is nobody else for his attacker to worry about. If a group of you burst onto the scene, he has a lot more to deal with and is more likely to panic.

#3 - Unless you are playing Deathmatch, holing up and killing the other players is all well and good, but you really need to be capturing flags or blowing up stations.

#4 - SPOT. Always be spotting. It's an easy 10 points. Always have your finger on the spot button, and hit it any time you see an enemy, even if you are planning to take him out yourself. When you spot, you just marked where the sucker is for EVERYONE on your team, which helps your bro see when someone is lurking around behind him. Spotting is the easiest and one of the most valuable things you can do for your side and it takes so little effort.

#5 - I've played all the BFs since BF2, and aerial vehicles are ALWAYS tricky to fly. And they are a valuable resource to your team. If you are playing off hours with a server of like 5 people, that's a good time to practice and throw away the vehicles. When you have a 24 match, leave the vehicle for someone who knows how to use it. Taking off in a chopper just to bail out seconds later because you dont know how to control it will not endear you to your teammates.

#6 - AIM HIGH. Early in my BF games I got ****ed countless times because I'd ambush someone with a spray, just to have him turn around and off me with one shot. It took me some time to finally figure out what I was doing wrong. I was firing in a panic spray, at the players legs. That's not gonna kill him, it's just gonna tell him where you are. A headshot instantly kills, so keep your cool and aim, and fire. Short bursts. As Wyatt Earp said about gunfights, "Fast is fine, but accurate is final. You need to learn to take your time in a hurry."

#7 - Rage is not your friend. Rage makes you stupid. After xXX Wh0sY3rDaddY XXx has killed you for the third time in a row, you'll probably want to spawn and run blindly to his spot to pay him back. Tunnel vision will get you killed every time.

#8 - Resist the urge to drive a tank into a city block. Engineers can easily slip into buildings and play peek-a-boo with their ATGs and blow you apart while you are spinning your turret bewilderedly....

#9 - Learn to whip you knife out at a second's notice. No matter what you have equipped, all BF soldiers have this amazing ability to switch to knife and slash within half a second.

#9a - HOWEVER, don't get intoxicated about the knife kills. Charging head on to an enemy who knows you are there with a knife is a recipe for a quick death. Knife kills are for sneaking up on people or for opportune moments when they are suddenly in arm's reach.

#10 - Experiment with your kits. These weapons don't just look cool, they have different abilities. If you like to engage at range, pick a weapon that sacrifices damage for accuracy and range. If you are gonna be running about and blasting people you find within 10 meters, a shotgun or a powerful short-range weapon will be a better choice.

#11 - If you spawn on a sniper, don't crowd him. A sniper's life depends on him not being detected, and if you start blazing away from his cover, you'll both be dead.

#12 - It is VERY tempting to throw a grenade in the direction of the action and hope you'll get lucky. Try to resist. Not often, but sometimes you will get a golden opportunity (like four guys grouped in a building) and you'll wish you hadn't wasted your pineapple.

#13 - Don't fire your machine gun at a tank. All it does is put a giant neon sign pointing down at your head saying HEY! OVER HERE!!! EASY KILL!

#14 - Using the repair torch and the defibilator (sp) not only supports your team and makes you better liked amongst your teammates, but it also is lucrative for points.

#15 - If you fire at someone and don't kill him, either move in and finish him off or MOVE to another location. 9 times out of 10 he WILL come back and kill you if you switch to another target.

#16 - If you are gonna throw tantrums and yell, stay off Xbox Live. Nobody likes a whiner.

#17 - Use cover. Especially now that we can lay prone, cover has become even more effective.

#18 - Learn to use jeeps/hummers effectively. They can get you from point A to point B really fast, and are excellent for capturing behind-the-front flags. But don't stay on the 60 cal too long, especially if the vehicle isn't on the move. If you are blazing away on a stationary jeep (which of course can be a viable tactic when you are being overrun, mind you), you're a giftwrapped Sniper present.

#19 - Don't be afraid to use your handgun. Aim for the head and it's just as deadly as any other weapon in the game. Also "spotting" your own players will tell them you are low on ammo, so they might come resupply you.

#20 - Above all else, LEARN from each death. Why did you die? Could you have avoided it? Was it bad tactics? Bad luck? The better you get at the game, the more of an asset you are to your team, and the more friends you will make online... and that's what its all about at the end of the day, if you ask me.

FedExpress 333
11-12-2011, 08:28 AM
Battlefield 3 Tips – #1. Understand Your Kit’s Role

In Battlefield 3, you have to choose a “kit” (which is like a class) when you play a game. Each kit has its own unique weapons and gadgets. It is not a free-for-all where you can pick any class you want.

As a result, one of the best Battlefield 3 tips I can give you is to understand your kit’s role. For example, a lot of players will roll as an Engineer because they like the AKS-74u and then play a “run and gun” playstyle. Really, they should be focused on using their explosives or taking control of machinery.

Battlefield 3 Tips – #2. Engineers Should Focus On Utility

As mentioned above, the Engineer is not a class which focuses on combat with guns. The point of the Engineer kit is that it gets access to rocket launchers (and other explosives) and can repair or destroy vehicles, not that it has a Carbine.

The Carbine lets you defend yourself and take out exposed players, but really you should be focused on getting the most value out of your explosives. You have to be on top of taking out any enemy vehicles as well, or controlling your own should your team’s strategy require them.

One good tip is that whenever your enemy is holed up in a room, use your explosives to take out the walls. If you hit a wall with enough rockets, it will crumble and take away the enemy’s cover. For more Battlefield 3 tips for this kit.

BF3 Tips – #3. Assault Players Should Always Throw Medical Kits

One of the best things you can do as an Assault player is throw down a Medical Kit. You can do this by pushing the left button on the directional pad. The medical kit will heal you and teammates around you for about 10% health every second. This is pretty significant and can make or break your team in any close fight.

More than that, however, the Medical Kit gives you points every time a teammate or squad member uses it. This really adds up because you have an unlimited supply of Medical Kits – just press the button again and you will throw a second one (your first kit disappears when you throw a new one).

Battlefield 3 Tips – #4. Sniper Rifles Work Best From Mid-Range

One big misconception among Battlefield 3 newbies is that snipers should snipe. Newbies think that if you have a Sniper Rifle your best bet is to go prone in an area with good cover and try to pick off players from a safe distance.

This is the opposite of what great Recon players do. Here is a challenge: next time you get killed by an enemy Sniper, check out their camera and then check out their kill:death ratio. If the person who killed you was hiding in the bushes sniping from a distance, they almost always have a K ratio of no higher than 1.2. Now, if you got killed by someone who was at a moderate distance and was running around from spot to spot, their K ratio is oven 3 or more.

The reason for this is that the Sniper Rifle offers you practically 100% accuracy when used from a moderate range as well as good bullet penetration. If you are great at aiming, it means that you can get a very reliable 1-shot kill. Other gun types do not offer that type of accuracy.

Battlefield 3 Tips - #5. The Support Kit is For Support

It may seem like a redundant statement, but I get the feeling that most Support Kit players have no idea how to play that kit. The Support Kit is good for backing up allies. That is its main role.

For example, let’s say you are on stage 2 of Operation Metro and trying to advance into the early parts of the metro tunnel, but 3-4 opponents are heavily camped behind a small piece of debris. In this situation, the Light Machine shines. It has a big clip and lots of ammo, so it can fire for awhile.

Take advantage of that by blasting the hiding spot where the enemy is located. While you will not be able to take them out directly this way, you do force them to take cover and stop shooting. This is called suppression fire. While this is happening, your team can move up from other positions and flank that encampment. You may die in the process, but if your squad takes advantage of your suppression fire, you can always respawn further up on the map.

No other gun can last nearly as long as Light Machine guns when it comes to putting out steady pressure. This is why they are the best suppression guns around. Most Assault Rifles will run out of ammo within 2 or 3 seconds of holding down the trigger, and the kickback from doing something like that would make the gun too inaccurate for good suppression fire.

pmata814
11-13-2011, 08:02 AM
What sucks about BF3 is that it still has a lot of glitches in the multiplayer.

You can't create a squad with your friend because you get split up as soon as you join a game. That defeats my whole reason for playing online. I like getting together with my brothers once or twice a week and having some fun while being able to chat on our mics.

Once I managed to get on a team with one of my bros but we can't chat because the sound keeps getting cut off. It's impossible to make out anything we are saying.

Finally, I will gon online to play on my own and find that I have lost my unlocked weapons and attachments. I'll log off and on again and sometimes they'll come back, and sometimes they won't. VERY ANNOYING.

I hope they come up with a patch to fix all these things very soon.

FedExpress 333
11-13-2011, 05:24 PM
I agree we can not figure out how to get in a squad.

Pidgeon
11-14-2011, 06:37 AM
ermm u just invite your friend when in the main menu (this will put you together in a squad).
then you join a server but when loading select ; do not automatically put me in a squad..

upon joining you and your friend will be in the same squad

goober
11-14-2011, 06:57 AM
I like MW3, and have never tried battlefield. is it as good as it sounds?

They are very different games. People who like COD often don't like BF series. MW3 is smaller maps, more intense fast paced close quarters action. BF series are huge maps, vehicles and more objective based games which require teamwork. In MW3 you can be a lone wolf and carry your team if you are good. In BF3 that doesn't work.

pmata814
11-14-2011, 05:14 PM
ermm u just invite your friend when in the main menu (this will put you together in a squad).
then you join a server but when loading select ; do not automatically put me in a squad..

upon joining you and your friend will be in the same squad

This can't be done selecting "quick match" right? I don't see that option you mention.
Actually I don't see that option when I try to join a server either.

edit:
I just realized that you are probably talking about "rush" game mode. We like to play Squad Team Deathmatch. There is no such option for that mode. And there is currently no way to stay on the same squad once the game begins. (unless you can switch teams)

flyinghippos101
11-14-2011, 05:26 PM
They are very different games. People who like COD often don't like BF series. MW3 is smaller maps, more intense fast paced close quarters action. BF series are huge maps, vehicles and more objective based games which require teamwork. In MW3 you can be a lone wolf and carry your team if you are good. In BF3 that doesn't work.

I would say there is still a lone wolf element to battlefield. It's not like anyone gong alone in pub lobbies would be trying to bark orders at random squad mates that may or may not have mikes.

Killing still goes a long way but is marginalized for teamwork.

And I wouldn't say all CoD players would hate battlefield. I myself have been an avid CoD fan since the very first one on PC and I absolutely love Battlefield 3/