PDA

View Full Version : Best Tennis Gear store

Pacific lefty
11-14-2011, 09:35 AM
I am coming to California for Thanksgiving and wondering, what's the best tennis gear store in the Southern/Central Coast area?

Chace
11-14-2011, 09:50 AM
I would suggest making the drive to tennis warehouse

Pacific lefty
11-14-2011, 09:57 AM
Definitely, I forgot about that. L.A. is it?

zapvor
11-14-2011, 10:31 AM
lol classic TT

El Diablo
11-14-2011, 10:36 AM
Drive from LA to SLO just to shop for tennis gear?? I don't think so. Just the mention of such environmental shortsightedness shortens chrischris's life by 7 minutes. Difficult to imagine there aren't perfectly adequate tennis shops in a metropolis like LA.

Pacific lefty
11-16-2011, 11:55 AM
Drive from LA to SLO just to shop for tennis gear?? I don't think so. Just the mention of such environmental shortsightedness shortens chrischris's life by 7 minutes. Difficult to imagine there aren't perfectly adequate tennis shops in a metropolis like LA.

Well, I'm coming all the way over from my freezing cold home in Ireland, so I will be traveling around Cal anyway (I'm already responsible for a pretty big carbon footprint coming all the way from where I live!)...

dParis
11-16-2011, 12:33 PM
One of the biggest regrets in my life is going to San Luis Obispo and not visiting Tennis Warehouse.:(

I did have plenty of tri-tip at the farmer's market, though.:)

Agent Orynge
11-16-2011, 12:39 PM
One of the biggest regrets in my life is going to San Luis Obispo and not visiting Tennis Warehouse.:(

You should beat yourself up even more for not stopping at the Viking Garden in nearby Solvang.

pabletion
11-16-2011, 12:40 PM
oh you wont find anything thats merely comparable with TENNIS WAREHOUSE!!!

can I have a discount now? :)

LeeD
11-16-2011, 12:50 PM
Having played tennis since the mid '70's, and stringing at the TransAmerica tourney for the pros 2 years, working at a premier tennis shop, I currently shop at TennisWarehouse because of the service, advice, and no hassles. They even give return authorization tags, if I ever needed to return anything.
That said, I'd visit the beaches, the mountains, the deserts, and maybe drive Highway 395 before thinking of any tennis shops.
If you ever come to SanFrancisco, give me a ring at 510-501-1702. I've lived here all my 62 years, was a SanFrancisco taxi cab driver for 8 of them, and know most of the cool sights.
Weather up here is either 3 days of 52 degree rain, or pure blue sunny skies, offshore winds for surfing, and 50 mile visabilities IN THE: WINTER.
Summer is miserable could fog, strong winds (great for windsurfing), and the coldest winter I've ever spent was a summer in SanFrancisco..:) Sorry, that's a quote from someone.

dParis
11-16-2011, 01:03 PM
You should beat yourself up even more for not stopping at the Viking Garden in nearby Solvang.
Based for a few days in Cambria, SLO was the most southern extent of our journey. VG not getting much Yelp love, I see. I'm more of a tennis-loving-stop-at-a-mobile-Mexican-joint-for-a-bite kind of guy than a Scandinavian diner.

r2473
11-16-2011, 01:37 PM
The best places are:

1) ****

2) *******

3) ****

4) ****

5) *************.com

Oh, I almost forgot **** **** **** ****. Make sure you visit them.

LeeD
11-16-2011, 01:45 PM
..and your best avalanche control skills are ********* ! :):)

Agent Orynge
11-16-2011, 05:24 PM
Based for a few days in Cambria, SLO was the most southern extent of our journey. VG not getting much Yelp love, I see. I'm more of a tennis-loving-stop-at-a-mobile-Mexican-joint-for-a-bite kind of guy than a Scandinavian diner.

Oh, you don't know what you're missing. Personally, I can't take Yelp reviews seriously.

http://vikinggardenrestaurant.com/

I recommend the Danish thin pancakes.

pc1
11-16-2011, 07:42 PM

I feel the same way. I was in California last year and drove all over the state, around 1300 miles of driving. I drove by San Luis Obispo and forgot about Tennis Warehouse.

dParis
11-16-2011, 11:09 PM
Oh, you don't know what you're missing. Personally, I can't take Yelp reviews seriously.

I went to a Swedish joint in Door Co., WI - Al Johnson's. It wasn't bad. The best part was the goats on the roof.

mikeler
11-17-2011, 05:22 AM

If you want some inexpensive and very good Mexican food, try Mannys.

diredesire
11-17-2011, 10:49 AM
Pacific Lefty, there's no competitor discussion here, but i think it's pretty clear what the answer is ;)