PDA

View Full Version : Ferrari are so slow now

NadalAgassi
11-16-2011, 09:28 AM
Ferrari have such a slow car now relative to what they are used to. Even when they havent had the fastest car in the past, they have atleast had the 2nd fastest. Now they are at best a distant 3rd fastest car behind Red Bull and McLaren. They might not even be that, as having Alonso, the best driver in F1 along with Vettel, might be keeping them from looking even slower than they really are right now.

thug the bunny
11-16-2011, 10:29 AM
Cool, Red Bull makes a race car?! Powered by taurine I guess..

El Diablo
11-16-2011, 10:42 AM
just when you think you know what someone worries about -- this.

r2473
11-16-2011, 10:45 AM
I traded my Ferrari in for a Hyundai and haven't really noticed much difference.

I had no idea the Red Bull Cars were fast. They don't look fast

http://tedsaid.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/redbullcar.jpg

SlapShot
11-16-2011, 10:50 AM
I traded my Ferrari in for a Hyundai and haven't really noticed much difference.

They've got wiiiings man.

GRANITECHIEF
11-16-2011, 10:50 AM

You could have done worse.

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/11/14/2013-hyundai-genesis-coupe-to-get-350-hp-v6-275-hp-turbo-four/

r2473
11-16-2011, 11:00 AM
^^ I've never seen a Hyundai like that.

By the way, are your ski resorts open yet? We had a few open last weekend and I think a few more are opening this weekend.

Think I'll be waiting until there is actually some snow on the mountain, though it is sort of fun to rent some demo skis and tear the @#$% out of them on the rocks and return them at the end of the day. Just be sure you purchase the insurance:

http://www.snowbird.com/ski_board/snowreport.php

Kevin T
11-16-2011, 12:14 PM

By the way, are your ski resorts open yet? We had a few open last weekend and I think a few more are opening this weekend.

Think I'll be waiting until there is actually some snow on the mountain, though it is sort of fun to rent some demo skis and tear the @#$% out of them on the rocks and return them at the end of the day. Just be sure you purchase the insurance:

I can speak for the Tahoe area and Boreal is open. But it's your typical just off the Interstate place, nothing fantastic. Saw on the local news that NorthStar opens this Friday and Squaw open Turkey Day.

r2473
11-16-2011, 12:27 PM
The HR director went to Brighton (or Solitude?) last weekend. She said there were about 30 people there besides her.

Dream_On
11-16-2011, 06:38 PM
Ferrari have such a slow car now relative to what they are used to. Even when they havent had the fastest car in the past, they have atleast had the 2nd fastest. Now they are at best a distant 3rd fastest car behind Red Bull and McLaren. They might not even be that, as having Alonso, the best driver in F1 along with Vettel, might be keeping them from looking even slower than they really are right now.

I believe they will come back over the next few years, its just because Red Bull and McLaren being so quick in a straight line its hard to compete

GRANITECHIEF
11-17-2011, 11:51 AM

Yeah a 350hp Hyundai Sport Coupe, who'd woulda thunk it?

A couple resorts open but nothing to get excited about yet. Need about 4 more feet, then we'll talk.

jswinf
11-17-2011, 02:09 PM
Ferrari have such a slow car now relative to what they are used to.

Luckily I still have a garage full of classic models from the 1950s and 1960s. Twelve or fourteen of them, can't remember exactly...8-)

LeeD
11-17-2011, 02:23 PM
How many McLaren's do you see on the road?
Ferrari is just concentrating on making cars for the road, and not wasting too much precious money on F-1.
McLaren is just a name, not a car manufacturer. Like Penski, they do have the frame to win, and buy or add component's from various manufacturers.
Does your Nissan win F-1?
Does Dodge?

KenC
11-17-2011, 10:07 PM
Ferrari mirrors the general clima and especially the economy in Italy. Slow and not competitive. I should probably mention very high maintenance as well.

Dgpsx7
11-17-2011, 10:14 PM

Ever since these promotional cars came out I would start cracking up every time I saw them on the street.

chrischris
11-18-2011, 02:59 PM
I like Maybachs.

SuperFly
11-18-2011, 06:57 PM
How many McLaren's do you see on the road?
Ferrari is just concentrating on making cars for the road, and not wasting too much precious money on F-1.
McLaren is just a name, not a car manufacturer. Like Penski, they do have the frame to win, and buy or add component's from various manufacturers.
Does your Nissan win F-1?
Does Dodge?

What this is I don't even.

McLaren actually produces road cars. They recently released the MP4-12C and once built the fastest production car in the world: the F1. Wanna know how awesome that thing was? The engine bay was lined with gold. GOLD. Also, they'll be able to produce everything on their own by 2013 when their contract with Mercedes ends.

Dodge has never and probably will never field a Formula One car. And as for Nissan:

Nissan's luxury/performance division is Infiniti. That's the manufacturer behind Red Bull's chassis. Red Bull has already secured the World Championship. Therefore, Nissan has in fact won F-1.
:)

As for Ferrari: their cars aren't slow; their drivers are. Alonso isn't at his championship form at the moment, Massa isn't a top level driver and Red Bull just has better drivers.

LeeD
11-18-2011, 07:02 PM
Assuming we should differentiate F-1 racing from cars produced for driving on the street.

NadalAgassi
11-27-2011, 08:32 PM
Fernando Alonso, the best driver in F1 today other than possibly Vettel, finishing the season ranked below not only Button but even Mark Webber in drivers points says it all. Ferrari right now are light years slower than Red Bull, McLaren, and possibly slower than Mercedes. Felipe Massa, a very good but not great F1 driver, is probably a truer indicator of their true speed. There have been years Ferrari were not the fastest car, but this is the first year I can ever remember them not even being close to the 2nd fastest. I wonder what they will do to rectify their situation.

NadalAgassi
11-27-2011, 08:33 PM
As for Ferrari: their cars aren't slow; their drivers are. Alonso isn't at his championship form at the moment, Massa isn't a top level driver and Red Bull just has better drivers.

You think Mark Webber is a better driver than Fernando Alonso for instance? That is hilarious. Yeah Vettel is probably the best driver right now, and would beat everyone even in the same car, I agree on that much.