PDA

View Full Version : Golf shirt experts: Amen Corner a quality brand?

MAXXply
11-17-2011, 12:40 AM
Can anyone tell me a bit more about "Amen Corner" brand golf shirts/apparel? A search doesn't reveal any specific website of this brand - is it true it's sold only at and during the US Masters and at exorbitant prices over $150 ??
I bought one for nix at a thrift store today and am impressed at the superb silky quality of it. It's definitely a dress-shirt.

hollywood9826
11-17-2011, 05:20 AM
I know Augusta National owns the brand, and the label on the sirts also have the masters tourney logo on them.

They also sell Augusta National brand and those shirts are 100% cotton and go for about 100 bucks. Then the Amen Croner brand sells for about 150, and they also have Bobby Jones brand shirts that are about 200 bucks.

They may sell them to club members year round at the pro shop, but as far as I know the general public can only get them during the Masters

MAXXply
11-17-2011, 06:24 AM
Yeah that's how I figure it too. The Bobby Jones line sells for a bomb. I'm thankful to the donor who gave it to the thrift store. The quality is absolutely top notch - 100% Pima cotton that is luxuriantly silky smooth. Made in Hong Kong which, given their tailoring heritage, is on par with being "Tailored in Italy". The Augusta logo is quite subtle and I wouldn't feel embarrassed to wear it, even though it screams "middle aged guy" and adds 10 years on me. A suitable shirt to wear to any casual lunch party filled with lots of old guys.