PDA

View Full Version : Cincinnati Masters?

efice32
07-14-2005, 12:04 PM
Who here is going to the Masters Series in Cincinnati? I'm going and I was just wondering if anyone else on here is.

NoBadMojo
07-15-2005, 12:10 PM
i used to go..it's a great event..you get almost all of the best players because it is a masters event leadng up to the us open..alot less hectic than the open but quite busy...best to go to early rounds with a day pass and you will see lots of great tennns up close and be able to watch practice sessions and such..while there make sure to get some Skyline Chili (i like mine 3way) and also eat the ribs at the Montgomery Inn if you enjoy ribs

Kevin T
07-15-2005, 01:40 PM
Ah, Mojo, Skyline Chili! I spent 2 fantastic years in Cincy and still miss it. Great, great city. Some people may argue with you and say GoldStar is better but I'm a Skyline man. The Cincy tourney is great. As Mojo said, you'll see a ton of great tennis, up close. Go to the early rounds. My wife and I were able to see everyone play and practice, from Sampras and Agassi, to Kuerten, Krajicek, Rafter, Kafelnikov (a real pain in the rear). Magnus Norman's coach kept hitting on my wife. After being very nice, I literally threatened to beat him down and he finally went away. True story. Magnus was very nice, as was Jiri Novak. In 2000, we saw a young Kim Clijisters practicing with Killer Cahill and Todd Woodbridge. The players say they love the tourney because there is also a golf course you can literally walk to and King's Island is also close by. Enjoy the tourney!!

morganman
07-18-2005, 06:02 PM
I'm going this year for the third year in a row i love it there and i hope to finally see A-Rod.

efice32
07-19-2005, 10:38 AM
didn't see him last year or the year before? how long were you there?

morganman
07-19-2005, 11:25 AM
i usaully go on the second day or the first but he always has a night match it seems like i usaully have to leave around 5 which sucks.we get there at like 8:30 and stay till the heat gets to us.

HenmanFan
07-19-2005, 11:51 AM
I'll be in at the Cincy tournament as well. I live about 4 hours North so I'm going down for either day 1 and 2 or day 2 and 3. This will be my first professional tournament and I'm very excited!

Andy Hewitt
07-19-2005, 12:35 PM
Maybe, for the first day. It's kind of a long drive.

Crichton
08-03-2005, 04:15 PM
I always go up on Tues morning and leave after the day session on Wed. Pretty much get to see everyone play that way.

Matthew
08-03-2005, 05:03 PM
I'll be up there all week with my friend and family. Let me know if anyone wants to meet up and hang out, or if you want to hit at all. I'll be cheering Rafael on with the guys over at vamosrafael.com.

Brettolius
08-11-2005, 10:53 AM
I'll be there for sure, been looking forward to it. I always go on Wednesday, because it seems EVERYbody plays on that day, not too many eliminations. For the most part, the guys that play Monday get Tuesday off and vice versa, but everybody plays on Wednesday. It is hot as all get out though. Skyline is good stuff, but i can only handle it on the coney's, the cinnamon they put in there starts hurting me if I just down a plate by itself. I'll be the dude sweating his bawls off....