PDA

View Full Version : Is there tennis in Temecula?

lude popper
07-14-2005, 02:23 PM
I'm moving to Temecula California.

is there a tennis scene there?

simi
07-14-2005, 04:52 PM
I'm jealous. There are only two cities that have impressed me as "having their act together". One is Thousand Oaks, the other Temecula. Temecula is next door to Murrieta. There are a bunch of USTA leagues out of the area. Just a quick check showed for the just completed Adult season two men's teams at the 3.0 level with a total of 23 players and four 3.5 men's teams with a total of 47 players. Not a lot, but someting.

There were a lot more women's teams at the 3.0, 3.5, and 4.0 level, with a total of 12 teams averaging about 12 players each. There were some mixed doubles teams at the 6.0, 7.0, and 8.0 level last spring with a bunch of teams in each. No senior teams registered for this season.

If you tend more towards tournaments, not much happening, but you will be in the middle between Orange County and San Diego. Within a few hours drive, you'll find bunches of tournaments all year long.

Can't help you with clubs. Looks like my step-daughter might be moving there (after she get's married), so might know more next year.

Bottom line, not as much action as in Los Angeles county or Orange county, but not dead either. Welcome to California. You'll enjoy Temecula.

lude popper
07-14-2005, 06:46 PM
great response. thanks

marcl65
09-06-2005, 12:17 PM
When I was a kid I used to work on my tennis swing at my high school's outdoor handball courts. It was great as it was fast paced and I didn't need to find a partner. Since I've recently taken up the game again, I've been searching for a handball court in vain. I've checked the local elementary and middle schools in Temecula with no luck. Anyone have any suggestions? Is handball officially dead? Thanks.

Heidi Betts
09-19-2005, 12:13 PM
My name is Heidi Betts and I'm the Coordinator for Temecula Team Tennis. We are a local, Player ran team, that practises and plays out of Temecula Valley High School. We play 2-3 times a week (Competive matches) and provide opportunies for clinics and Ball machine workouts to improve the personal game.

All our matches are coordinated on line by emails each week. Matches are set up by skill level. It's fun & easy to be a part of Temecula Team Tennis.
If you are interested you can email me at:
temeculateamtennis@verizon.net

Heidi Betts
Temecula Team Tennis Coordinator

Heidi Betts
12-15-2005, 10:17 AM
TEMECULA TEAM TENNIS
Plays out of Temecula Valley High School on Wednesday nights & Saturday mornings. We have weekly ball machine work outs available and monthly tennis clinics. Our players range in levels from 2.5 - 4.0. All matches are arranged on line by email. Temecula Team Tennis participates in the local USTA leagues. Interested? Want to get out there and hit?
Email temeculateamtennis@verizon.net

dl125
01-14-2006, 03:17 AM
I always like seeing my parents at Christmas time because my bro and I drive to the high school to hit. Temecula High has a nice court set up. However driving through I saw Chaparral High School. It looked like they had blue on green courts. Very cool. That will be next time...