PDA

View Full Version : Offical NBA 2011-2012 Predictions/Disscusion Thread

NYCtennis1
11-26-2011, 06:57 AM
Now that the lockout is over I think that it is time to start the thread for this season. Right now we can share our thoughts on the upcoming year, for starters lets make our finals picks.

2012 Finals: Heat over Thunder in 6 close games.

P.S: Some fun trash talk is more than welcome in this thread:twisted:

jamesblakefan#1
11-26-2011, 07:50 AM
It's impossible to say without knowing how everything's going to turn out w/ Free Agency and such. But if I had to choose now, Miami (as much as I dislike them) would be the favorite. Teams like Boston, LA, and Dallas are older which doesn't help. My Bulls still are missing key pieces. But everything could change if say Dwight goes to LA or CP3 goes to NYK.

westside
11-26-2011, 07:52 AM
Would have to be Miami at the moment. Though I wouldn't be surprised if OKC make it to the end.

Watch out for Memphis though

CCNM
11-26-2011, 01:15 PM
I'm still miffed at Kevin McHale for leaving the broadcasting booth to coach, but I'll probably follow the Rockets to see what he does with them. I think everybody still wants to see the Heat and the "big 3" win.

r2473
11-26-2011, 04:59 PM
I predict zero traveling violations called the entire season.

Tennis star 1000
11-26-2011, 05:42 PM
Bulls will pull the upset. I believe

Frankenstine
11-26-2011, 09:22 PM
Kings are going to win the championships. Jimmer will be MVP.

SirGounder
11-26-2011, 10:20 PM
I love my Lakers so I'd love to see them go all the way. Kobe's career is waning and I only see 2 more solid seasons from him. Hopefully the lockout gave him some extra time to get right.

I'm interested to see what happens to the Mavs. Hopefully they can bring back Chandler and make another run. Nowitzki is kind of in the same boat as Kobe though his game should age better.

Miami will have to be the team to beat in the East. Should be interesting to see what a full season has done for the big 3.

West Coast Ace
11-27-2011, 11:30 AM
I predict: a) the players will continue to put out half-hearted efforts for the amount of $$$ they make - and act like they're underpaid; b) the cities that shouldn't have teams will still have terrible attendance - but their owners won't lose as much money; c) Dwayne Wade and LeBron will have to be separated by teammates in the locker room at one point in the season; d) one of the Usual Suspects will win the championship.

Dream_On
11-27-2011, 12:18 PM
Chicago will win it all this year

thug the bunny
11-28-2011, 05:47 AM
I predict that March Madness will be much more entertaining than watching these overpaid primadonnas.

EndLy
11-29-2011, 10:15 AM
I predict that March Madness will be much more entertaining than watching these overpaid primadonnas.

march madness is great but Id take NBA ball over it any day.. not much of a college hoops fan.. grew up with the NBA.

and I wouldn't mind being overpaid for averaging 2.4 pts/game and 1.7 reb/game.

such is the case for a few players being paid to keep the bench nice and cozy.

and I'm going to take OKC. They have a great lineup top to bottom. a superstar that proved he can carry his team deep in the playoffs and step up in clutch times in Durant. Two defensive minded big men in perkins and obaka. the only thing I think that'll hurt them in their playoffs run is westbrook. he tried to be the hero too many times and will need to mature and realize durant should get.the ball.