PDA

View Full Version : You guys have to read this...

TennisD
07-15-2005, 02:39 AM
So I signed into MSN Messenger today, and guess what story popped up on MSN Today?

Clickedy Click Click (http://entertainment.sympatico.msn.ca/celebs/articles/1232822.armx)

I was laughing at this for a while! :grin:

Docalex007
07-15-2005, 03:14 AM
FINALLY....a fitting role.

verdasco67
07-15-2005, 03:19 AM
LOL this is hillarious!!!!! i really cant see serena or venus acting..lol!!

TennisD
07-15-2005, 03:30 AM
Oh and according to the article, they have their own reality tv show :rolleyes: GAG!

AJK1
07-15-2005, 03:33 AM
Good on 'em. They wouldn't be any worse than the current crop of actors doing the rounds at the moment.

TennisD
07-15-2005, 03:36 AM
Good on 'em. They wouldn't be any worse than the current crop of actors doing the rounds at the moment.
You'd be surprised...

verdasco67
07-15-2005, 04:25 AM
Oh and according to the article, they have their own reality tv show :rolleyes: GAG!

are you serious? LOL!!!!!!

TennisD
07-15-2005, 04:32 AM
are you serious? LOL!!!!!!
I haven't seen it, but the article says it exists...

I'm scared!

Boy Wonder
07-15-2005, 04:37 AM
Here's a short article on their upcoming reality show; I think there is also an article on this in the August issue of TENNIS magazine and the July/August issue of USTA magazine Venus, Serena to star in reality TV show (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7319300/)

TennisD
07-15-2005, 04:41 AM
Oh, Christ, that is terrible...

Rabbit
07-15-2005, 04:47 AM
I think Serena has the advantage here. She already has the wardrobe for the part.

TennisD
07-15-2005, 04:48 AM
I think Serena has the advantage here. She already has the wardrobe for the part.
Not to mention she's banging the director...

goober
07-15-2005, 05:12 AM
I saw a reality episode on Venus and Serena on ESPN like a month ago. Maybe it was a preview or something totally seperate, but it was a pretty dumb show. They followed them around going to different events - all nontennis. They acted like primadonnas and had some inane conversations.

Champion
07-15-2005, 05:58 AM
OMG! that show is going to be the dumbest peice of **** to ever be aired i mean how can they call it a "tennis reality show" if neither of them play tennis anymore hardley, they'll just show serena sitting around and eating junk all day and venus...doing whatever she does.

Boy Wonder
07-15-2005, 06:02 AM
OMG! that show is going to be the dumbest peice of **** to ever be aired i mean how can they call it a "tennis reality show" if neither of them play tennis anymore hardley, they'll just show serena sitting around and eating junk all day and venus...doing whatever she does.

I'm not a big fan of the Williams sisters myself and I'm one of those who will not watch that show, but you've got to give Venus some respect for just winning Wimbledon. Serena deserves no respect IMO though. She needs to do something to get back in shape, and maybe take a break from the tour to do this...

x Southpaw x
07-15-2005, 06:40 AM
The source revealed: "Brett feels either of the girls would be fantastic for the role, which is a superhero who oozes sex appeal."
--Quote from the article.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

verdasco67
07-15-2005, 06:46 AM
Hahahaha !!! :d

doriancito
07-15-2005, 08:15 AM
funny to watch! bisexual lol

coach
07-15-2005, 10:38 AM
Since the Emmy nominations were announced a few days ago, I think it's appropriate to nominate them in a category - Worst Acting by an Athlete. OJ Simpson certainly would have garnered a few (Oscar) nonimations in that category for his "work" in the Naked Gun films. Any other bad actor/athletes that you can recall out there?

Aonex
07-15-2005, 10:43 AM
There's a dream role... bi hooker!

TOPSPIN23
07-18-2005, 01:22 PM
That basically means I'm not paying 10 bucks to see it in theaters. How can THEY possibly be getting their owm TV show, I mean seeing Serena design was bad, but acting, there's no way.

smarttennis
07-18-2005, 02:11 PM
Their show starts this wednesday in the states, as far as I can tell ABCfamily (cable) will be showing it. I think it will follow the path of Mac's show and get kiked off the air quick.

Brettolius
07-18-2005, 02:13 PM
Actually, Serena is a very talented actress. She came to Wimbledon this year and "acted" like she wasn't fat. She's also "acted" like she was a fashion designer. She was, in fact, the only one who bought it. Now Brett Ratner has to "act" like she has some talent because he is railing her.

RafaN RichardG
07-18-2005, 02:13 PM
all of you get a life, just dont watch the show and stop ****ing crying about it

whistleway
07-19-2005, 12:13 PM
Check it out. It airs tommorow (July 20), at 10p EST on ABC Family

http://abcfamily.go.com/venusandserena/

Review:

"Venus & Serena: For Real"
Tomorrow night at 10 on ABC Family
2.5 Stars

EVERY little girl with aspirations of growing up to become just like tennis' top-ranked Williams sisters should glom onto "Venus & Serena: For Real" and watch it as obsessively as the Williams sisters watch videos of their matches.

Too bad they can't. Watch it, that is. Even though there's no school the next day, the show, which debuts tomorrow, isn't on until 10 p.m. which is too late for little kids, although it's about right for pre-teens and teens.

The show follows the sisters as they go from match to match or, if injured, match to home or, in the case of Serena the designing sister to her office.

While it's semi-interesting, it's no more interesting than say, the usual sports inserts about various athletes that run during big matches between sets or quarters.

We see them practice (well, we see Venus practice and Serena ride in the golf cart next to her, so it's no shock when she gets injured the next day), we see them in their nondescript hotel rooms, and get a glimpse of what we assume is the plush, plush (did I mention plush) grounds of their West Palm Beach, Fla., home.

The series opens with the sisters and their sisters discussing their childhoods. They laugh at their misconceptions of childhood and how they never knew they were poor. Of course, they talk about having a 1,900-square-foot apartment when they were kids, so either they are still harboring misconceptions, or they lived in the size apartment New Yorkers only dream about.

At any rate, the series shows the bond between the two beauties and their family. At one point, one of the sisters, talking about family, says her mom (Oracene Price) isn't around much anymore, but we are left wondering what the heck happened to her. I can only assume that it's because the parents are divorced that they just aren't seeing their mother as much.

Dad Richard is around, although he doesn't have much of a "part" in the show. Sister Isha, an attorney, is their business manager and we do see a lot of her. In fact, the producers take a cheap, er, shot at Isha when they flip back and forth between Isha in the stands and Serena playing on the court.

Isha, the polar opposite of the perfectly toned, muscled, athletic sisters, is a very overweight woman in stretch sweats, and the camera jumps from action on the court to Isha ignoring the match to obsess about the chicken-salad sandwich the man next to her in the stands is enjoying. I doubt the sisters will take kindly to that very unnecessary volley.

While the sisters are dynamos on the court, they are sweet and loving in real life. This makes for exciting tennis, just not exciting reality TV.

So, who does come out as the one star of the show? Serena's bad, bad dog Jackie, that's who. The little Jack Russell-looking doggie is a lovable monster who steals the turkey, piddles on the couch and gets into all kinds of mischief about which she is very, very sorry.

Hey how about getting the dog a coach, too?

http://www.nypost.com/entertainment/50393.htm

tdnxxx444
07-19-2005, 12:58 PM

The show looks annoying. Sup with her in the commerical acting like she's a rockstar playing a guitar? Anyways, anyone see her at the ESPY awards "performing" with Destiny's Child? It was pretty funny.

bdawg
07-19-2005, 01:12 PM
the director dated serena? how can he be the judge of sex appeal?

Max G.
07-19-2005, 02:13 PM
I'm not a big fan of the Williams sisters myself and I'm one of those who will not watch that show, but you've got to give Venus some respect for just winning Wimbledon. Serena deserves no respect IMO though. She needs to do something to get back in shape, and maybe take a break from the tour to do this...

Hey, Venus hasn't had much better of a year than Serena... Serena won one Slam, Venus won one, and neither has done anything in any other important tournaments, as far as I can tell.

Venus has more wins for the year and one more title win somewhere in there, but if I remember correctly it was a really minor tournament with no worthy competition.

From the form that Venus showed in Wimbledon, she can go on to big things for the rest of this year. But then again, the same seemed to be true of Serena at the Australian Open, and she hasn't done anything since...

Deuce
07-20-2005, 01:15 AM
From the 'review' of the show (post # 25):
"The show follows the sisters as they go from match to match or, if injured, match to home or, in the case of Serena the designing sister to her office."
It seems that the author is oblivious as to how easily this sentence can be taken as pure ridicule - because it is so accurate. It certainly had me laughing... "... or, if injured, from match to home... to her office..." Priceless.

Richie Rich
07-20-2005, 03:17 AM
Duece, it should have read "when injured" not "if". I also had a laugh about the "ooozing sex appeal" but that is purely subjective and dependant on each individual so I won't say any more.