PDA

View Full Version : Deer Takes Down Hunter

jimmayor007
12-01-2011, 09:47 AM
It's getting harder out there every day folks.

ALBION, Ind. -- A northeastern Indiana hunter has died after struggling with a buck he had just shot.

The Indiana Department of Natural Resources says 62-year-old Paul Smith of Fort Wayne died Monday during a deer reduction hunt at Chain O'Lakes State Park about 20 miles northwest of the city. It says the Noble County coroner says the death was due to a lacerated liver, possibly suffered during the struggle. ...Full Story (http://indystar.blogspot.com/2011/11/wounded-deer-attacks-hunter.html)

SoCal10s
12-01-2011, 09:54 AM
karma... is a *****...

Sentinel
12-01-2011, 10:03 AM
So was the deer hospitalized and treated. Or did they kill the poor dear.

I am wondering whether the wounded dear attacked the psycho, or whether the psycho went to kill it with a knife and then it tried to defend itself.

sureshs
12-01-2011, 10:13 AM
It says it is a "deer reduction" hunt. It could be a program by the state to balance the ecosystem. There are other examples of this. Sometimes a species overruns others (ultimately it is due to a human cause but the cause may have been way in the past) and needs to be restrained. Special permits are issued for hunters and money collected that way.

(BTW, I don't support hunting and fishing unless it is required for sustenance, as in traditional cultures in the past. But I also understand the views of those who think that hunting and fishing are one of the fundamental survival skills of a species, and unless the skills are preserved, it would be tough to survive if the "system" of food distribution we have now were to collapse.)

El Diablo
12-01-2011, 10:13 AM
Speaking of karma, a woman made the news several years ago by being killed by a deer she had hit with her car. The hooves of the deer went through her windshield and the deer, apparently trapped in the broken glass, kicked frantically, kicking her to death as she sat in the driver's seat.

Sentinel
12-01-2011, 10:33 AM
It says it is a "deer reduction" hunt. It could be a program by the state to balance the ecosystem. There are other examples of this. Sometimes a species overruns others (ultimately it is due to a human cause but the cause may have been way in the past) and needs to be restrained. Special permits are issued for hunters and money collected that way.

(BTW, I don't support hunting and fishing unless it is required for sustenance, as in traditional cultures in the past. But I also understand the views of those who think that hunting and fishing are one of the fundamental survival skills of a species, and unless the skills are preserved, it would be tough to survive if the "system" of food distribution we have now were to collapse.)
Bool Sheet !! Bollocks

Please apply the same logic to humans. We've overrun every damn corner of this world.

Sentinel
12-01-2011, 10:34 AM
Speaking of karma, a woman made the news several years ago by being killed by a deer she had hit with her car. The hooves of the deer went through her windshield and the deer, apparently trapped in the broken glass, kicked frantically, kicking her to death as she sat in the driver's seat.
That could have been accidental.

Power Player
12-01-2011, 10:56 AM

How is this karma exactly? Deer run in front of cars all the time, and it is a serious problem up north. Happened to my friends on the DC beltway. There is nothing you can do when it happens unless you can make a seriously impressive stop on a dime.

hollywood9826
12-01-2011, 11:05 AM
So was the deer hospitalized and treated. Or did they kill the poor dear.

I am wondering whether the wounded dear attacked the psycho, or whether the psycho went to kill it with a knife and then it tried to defend itself.

The guy finished the deer off with a knife, and got i guess got kicked hard enough in his liver or whatever that it killed him. Why he didnt just bust another cap in the deers @$$ is beyond me.

Deer reduction hunts happen all the time around here. The deer do not have any natural predators, and with all the roads and developments they are landlocked and cant leave the park grounds. They breed at alarming rates and, know inbreeding is a serious issue. I see more white or blochy deer than ever before. And they are cometing with each other over the same food supplies. So the park allow hunters to get permits to hunt to keep the population under control.

Bartelby
12-01-2011, 11:10 AM
War is our version of 'deer reduction'.

r2473
12-01-2011, 11:37 AM
Surprised a 62-year old DNR man would have let this happen. Just goes to show that no matter what your level of experience, you can't be too careful. Deer are big, dangerous animals.

As far as deer reduction being bad, I guess its either that or let them starve to death, because that is exactly what happens.

Agent Orynge
12-01-2011, 11:37 AM
Bool Sheet !! Bollocks

Please apply the same logic to humans. We've overrun every damn corner of this world.

Do you have some kind of an agenda?

sureshs
12-01-2011, 12:02 PM
I knew a guy whose car was hit by some big animal near Yellowstone

sureshs
12-01-2011, 12:04 PM
Bool Sheet !! Bollocks

True, but you are also part of the problem.

thug the bunny
12-01-2011, 12:13 PM
Out of control deer populations are indeed caused by man. As Hollywood stated, they have no predators where they are out of control. But they used to. Guess what happened to the predators? Yep. Man.

Here in Jersey coyotes used to be the pricipal deer predator. Now with habitat restoration coyotes are coming back in small numbers, but not enough. Another consequence of throwing off the natural balance in this neck of the woods is an exploding tick and chigger problem, since deer are a primary vector for these nasty pests.

WildVolley
12-01-2011, 12:17 PM
Deer are delicious and not at all in short supply in many places around the world. Don't worry about hunters, we do fine against the deer.

Deer kill a lot of people in the United States, but almost all of these people are driving cars. The deer will run into the path of an oncoming car and then kill the driver or passenger as it flies through the window.

sureshs
12-01-2011, 12:44 PM
A plate of deer kabobs for Sentinel, please

chrischris
12-01-2011, 12:59 PM
Oh shoot , oh dear.. im outta here.

Dedans Penthouse
12-01-2011, 01:01 PM
Here's one from just 8 hours ago! Turns out this dog capped his owner's ***--literally. He put 27 pellets of buckshot from a 12-gauge shotgun into the guy's 'fundaments'.

And it doesn't end there:
- Fox shoots man!
- Cat shoots man!
- PUPPY shoots man!

Either these are PETA-trained mercenaries recruited from the wild, or Dick Chaney's pets:

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/dog-shoots-owner-in-buttocks.html

subz
12-01-2011, 02:13 PM
There must be payback ! We should invade their lands and bomb these no good grass eating d***** bags to extinction.

We have a saying " Deers are the A-holes of woodlands" and this incident proves it.

Sentinel
12-01-2011, 10:18 PM
Surprised a 62-year old DNR man would have let this happen. Just goes to show that no matter what your level of experience, you can't be too careful. Deer are big, dangerous animals.

As far as deer reduction being bad, I guess its either that or let them starve to death, because that is exactly what happens.
Go feed them then, instead of lying on your couch watching the telly.

:)

hollywood9826
12-02-2011, 06:03 AM
Go feed them then, instead of lying on your couch watching the telly.

:)

So more ******** deer can be born. There are too many they need to be thinned out so the ones that are alive are as healthy as possible.

Agent Orynge
12-02-2011, 01:15 PM
http://images.paraorkut.com/img/pics/images/d/deer_hunting-848.bmp

In Soviet Russia, deer hunts you!

r2473
12-02-2011, 01:27 PM
Go feed them then, instead of lying on your couch watching the telly.:)

My nipples don't work

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3077/3194578504_8f9acbbd0b.jpg

Sentinel
12-02-2011, 11:05 PM
^ LMAO, r2473 !!

So more ******** deer can be born. There are too many they need to be thinned out so the ones that are alive are as healthy as possible.

Dude, if you have to kill animals at least kill them in a painless, "humane" manner. No need to let loose some trigger happy 60 year olds, who injure the animal and then go after it with a knife.

And oh, do we apply the same logic to humans? Don't we need to be "thinned out", so the healthy ones can be alive, or the alive can be healthy. Whatever.

Agent Orynge
12-02-2011, 11:25 PM
^ LMAO, r2473 !!

Dude, if you have to kill animals at least kill them in a painless, "humane" manner. No need to let loose some trigger happy 60 year olds, who injure the animal and then go after it with a knife.

And oh, do we apply the same logic to humans? Don't we need to be "thinned out", so the healthy ones can be alive, or the alive can be healthy. Whatever.

What would you consider a "humane" manner? I don't think most hunters are out there aiming for the deer's @$$. A shot to the heart, or a severed artery, are easily the quickest ways to kill anything. A quick death is a humane death. Perhaps you imagine a bunch of Elmer Fudd types tracking deer with a lethal injection syringe in hand, which begs the question: What's the closest you've ever gotten to a deer?

And just because humans are animals does not make animals human. You cannot apply the same logic to both, or else you open all kinds of doors, like inter-species marriage. If you have something reasonable to say, please share it. Otherwise, I think we'd all prefer it if you keep whatever agenda it is you seem to have to yourself.

By the way, all the hunters I've ever known eat their venison.

sureshs
12-03-2011, 12:09 PM
^ LMAO, r2473 !!

I agree with you. But once you do decide that a species has to be "reduced," it is not practically possible to catch every single one of them, give them an anaesthetic, and then kill them. No money for all that.

In another case, a lake was poisoned to kill all of a particular kind of fish. It is not possible to catch every one of them and kill them individually.

sureshs
12-03-2011, 12:11 PM
you open all kinds of doors, like inter-species marriage.

That is a cool idea. Never thought of it.

SoBad
12-03-2011, 07:41 PM
When initiating a violent act, one needs to anticipate the potential consequences.

Agent Orynge
12-03-2011, 08:24 PM
When initiating a violent act, one needs to anticipate the potential consequences.

You forgot to tell us our lucky numbers.

Sentinel
12-03-2011, 10:01 PM
What would you consider a "humane" manner? I don't think most hunters are out there aiming for the deer's @$$. A shot to the heart, or a severed artery, are easily the quickest ways to kill anything. A quick death is a humane death. Perhaps you imagine a bunch of Elmer Fudd types tracking deer with a lethal injection syringe in hand, which begs the question: What's the closest you've ever gotten to a deer?

And just because humans are animals does not make animals human. You cannot apply the same logic to both, or else you open all kinds of doors, like inter-species marriage. If you have something reasonable to say, please share it. Otherwise, I think we'd all prefer it if you keep whatever agenda it is you seem to have to yourself.

By the way, all the hunters I've ever known eat their venison.
How does inter-species marriage get into this.
I think what I said was reasonable enough.

Speak for yourself. This is a forum where everyone can share their opinions.

Agent Orynge
12-04-2011, 11:26 AM
Because your expectation is that we should treat animals like humans, except animals aren't humans. If you make one concession towards that end, then you have no argument against anything that follows, including inter-species marriage.

I didn't tell you to stop sharing your opinions, I just asked you to be reasonable. If you feel obligated to propagate your radical notions of human-animal equality, perhaps you'd feel more at home on a PETA forum.

sureshs
12-04-2011, 11:47 AM
Because your expectation is that we should treat animals like humans, except animals aren't humans. If you make one concession towards that end, then you have no argument against anything that follows, including inter-species marriage.

I didn't tell you to stop sharing your opinions, I just asked you to be reasonable. If you feel obligated to propagate your radical notions of human-animal equality, perhaps you'd feel more at home on a PETA forum.

No, equating kindness to animals and inter-species marriage is a bogus notion on your part.

In fact, mutilation of animals and mistreatment of pets are illegal, so your ideas are full of nonsense. Animals are not equal to humans, but there is no right to torture them either. It is a pity you cannot see the difference.

Agent Orynge
12-04-2011, 11:59 AM
No, equating kindness to animals and inter-species marriage is a bogus notion on your part.

In fact, mutilation of animals and mistreatment of pets are illegal, so your ideas are full of nonsense. Animals are not equal to humans, but there is no right to torture them either. It is a pity you cannot see the difference.

I didn't make that connection in my posts at all, nor do I advocate mutilation/mistreatment of animals in any way, shape, or form. I simply do not believe that hunting is immoral, and to insist that it is because we do not cull humans the way we do deer is preposterous.

If there are people here who take issue with the way we kill animals, perhaps they should inspect their diets. I'm sure they'll find our various slaughter methods to be much more humane...

sportsfan1
12-04-2011, 12:22 PM
Didn't seem like a noob hunter , surprised he didn't approach the deer carefully. After the animal's down, don't they always approach carefully and put another one in if there's movement..
reminds of the movie quote: "Don't hunt what you can't kill" :(

sureshs
12-04-2011, 12:32 PM
I didn't make that connection in my posts at all, nor do I advocate mutilation/mistreatment of animals in any way, shape, or form. I simply do not believe that hunting is immoral, and to insist that it is because we do not cull humans the way we do deer is preposterous.

If there are people here who take issue with the way we kill animals, perhaps they should inspect their diets. I'm sure they'll find our various slaughter methods to be much more humane...

And if you read my posts, I said the same thing, minus your bogus connections

Agent Orynge
12-04-2011, 12:36 PM
And if you read my posts, I said the same thing, minus your bogus connections

What's so bogus about it? If you insist on treating animals exactly like you treat humans, then where do you draw the line? That is my point.

sureshs
12-04-2011, 01:04 PM
What's so bogus about it? If you insist on treating animals exactly like you treat humans, then where do you draw the line? That is my point.

And that is what I told Sentinel. What is it that you don't understand? To whom are your remarks addressed?

Agent Orynge
12-04-2011, 02:05 PM
I was talking to Sentinel, until you told me that my notions are bogus. If we're saying the same thing, why don't you agree with me?

Cindysphinx
12-04-2011, 04:43 PM
I've never tasted deer meat.

Agent Orynge
12-04-2011, 08:17 PM
My dog's breath smells like fish.

hollywood9826
12-05-2011, 05:54 AM
^ LMAO, r2473 !!

For the most part Humans dont have a serious problem with inbreeding, and a large percentage of births are mentally or physically ********. In the wild when coyotes, and mountain lions were more prevelant those guys were instant meals for a young one learning to hunt. Now they eat crops and other animals food. There is nothing wrong with allowing hunters to get some food and help curb the over population.

As far as humane deaths, what is a humane death? Every farmer and horse trainer I know will tell you a bell gun is more humane a death than an injection. Lethal injection causes the animal to suffocate to death. A properly aimed shot with a bell gun kills the animal before it can feel anything.

Properly cooked it is very good. There is some farms in the area now that is raising deer as well. It will be less tough and gamey tasting.

My dog's breath smells like fish.

As long as its from it eating fish, and not the PB crotch technique I wouldnt be too concerned :)

sureshs
12-05-2011, 06:39 AM

It tastes like venison

sportsfan1
12-05-2011, 02:21 PM
venison - lean and good stuff.. Go ahead try it.

Limpinhitter
12-05-2011, 06:26 PM

It's called culling the herd.

Limpinhitter
12-05-2011, 06:35 PM
War is our version of 'deer reduction'.

Don't worry about that. Petroleum based, endochrine disrupting chemicals will ultimately cull the human herd, and most every animal species quite nicely, if not completely. It's just a matter of time.

Limpinhitter
12-05-2011, 06:37 PM
http://images.paraorkut.com/img/pics/images/d/deer_hunting-848.bmp

In Soviet Russia, deer hunts you!

Nice wheels!

Limpinhitter
12-05-2011, 06:43 PM

That's a red herring. There's just a little gap between a policy of killing animals humanely, and "treating animals exactly like you treat humans." Where do you draw the line? How about somewhere on the other side of killing them humanely!

Agent Orynge
12-05-2011, 07:24 PM
Sentinel was asking if we cull humans the way we do other species. My hyperbole was intended to match his. Clearly, we treat animals and humans different for a reason.