PDA

View Full Version : Wozniacki: Coach Ricardo Sanchez?

Marius_Hancu
12-02-2011, 02:29 PM
What do you know about this guy?

Wozniacki hires Spanish coach Ricardo Sanchez
http://sports.yahoo.com/tennis/news?slug=ap-wozniacki-coach

single_handed_champion
12-02-2011, 02:35 PM
Jelena Jankovic's former coach, from back when she rose to no.1. He was also around for a bit this year.

Wonder if he'll make her bulk up as well, like Jankovic did at the end of 2008, in a bid to hit harder. Of course that was her downfall.

Marius_Hancu
12-02-2011, 02:55 PM
Thanks.

Bulk up?
She's already there :-)

Spring Pools
12-02-2011, 04:18 PM
Well, I guess this means that Caroline will get a little more meat on her serve and lose everything else...

Ronaldo
12-02-2011, 04:26 PM
Well, I guess this means that Caroline will get a little more meat on her serve and lose everything else...

Shoulda hired Krajicek, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TTDINFF_iE

Mick
12-02-2011, 05:20 PM
i think wozniacki's toughest assignment for 2012 is to prevent kvitova from taking away her number 1 spot.

Ronaldo
12-02-2011, 05:38 PM
i think wozniacki's toughest assignment for 2012 is to prevent kvitova from taking away her number 1 spot.

Not winning a major?

Mick
12-02-2011, 06:16 PM
Not winning a major?

well, (to date) Wozniacki never could not win a major but she had the number 1 spot for 2 years (i believe?). next year, maybe she won't have the number 1 spot. that is, unless kvitova helps her out by playing badly. my point is she could lose what she already had, whereas, the grand slam title, she never had it.

MotherMarjorie
12-03-2011, 12:52 PM
Remember, Mother Marjorie said it first:

Caroline Hingis-Vicario

Looks like the WTA has its next Arantxa rising. Yep, you betcha! And her name is Caroline.

Mother Marjorie Ann
Empress of Talk Tennis Warehouse

Ronaldo
12-03-2011, 03:58 PM
Remember, Mother Marjorie said it first:

Caroline Hingis-Vicario

Looks like the WTA has its next Arantxa rising. Yep, you betcha! And her name is Caroline.

Mother Marjorie Ann
Empress of Talk Tennis Warehouse

Caroline may never fill these shoes, http://static1.purepeople.com/articles/7/18/28/7/@/130532-arantxa-sanchez-vicario-va-etre-maman-637x0-1.jpg

Spin Doctor
12-03-2011, 04:47 PM
What happened with that (supposed) coach who was working with Woz but couldn't be named because he was coaching an ATP player? Was that all just a bunch of bunk? I'm guessing it was.

Make no mistake, Woz's dad is still calling the shots behind the scenes. This new coach will just help to take the media pressure off.

THUNDERVOLLEY
12-04-2011, 05:47 AM
well, (to date) Wozniacki never could not win a major but she had the number 1 spot for 2 years (i believe?). next year, maybe she won't have the number 1 spot. that is, unless kvitova helps her out by playing badly. my point is she could lose what she already had, whereas, the grand slam title, she never had it.

Yeah, but after 2 years of being a hollow #1 (meaning no majors titles), the distinction has no value (as in the case of Safina or Jankovic before her), so if she loses the one thing she had--what will it matter?

Wozniacki is already in the "red alert"/career irrelevance zone, so her 2012 focus has to be on the majors alone; defending an empty #1 ranking means nothing to a career littered with majors disasters.

rdis10093
12-04-2011, 08:33 AM
hope it gets her a slame

flyinghippos101
12-04-2011, 08:36 AM
Yeah, but after 2 years of being a hollow #1 (meaning no majors titles), the distinction has no value (as in the case of Safina or Jankovic before her), so if she loses the one thing she had--what will it matter?

Wozniacki is already in the "red alert"/career irrelevance zone, so her 2012 focus has to be on the majors alone; defending an empty #1 ranking means nothing to a career littered with majors disasters.

Lol, I'd have to agree. Perhaps the worst #1 in the women's game, perhaps the worst in tennis history.

Maybe I'm just being mean, but she's up there with Jankovic.

Spring Pools
12-04-2011, 11:17 AM
Lol, I'd have to agree. Perhaps the worst #1 in the women's game, perhaps the worst in tennis history.

At least Jankovic at her prime moved the ball around and looked to hit winners with her DTL BH and tried to follow it into net when she didn't hit an outright winner.

hugobosstachini
12-04-2011, 12:31 PM

Kvitova didn't perform well from January to Miami or very sporadically so she really has nothing to lose...

Wozniacki's head on the other end, AO SF, Dubaď W, Doha, F and IW W must really be bursting on how she's going to defend all this...

She's not going to have only Zvonareva to face... red hot Petra, Vika who seemed to have finally sorted the baby that was in her, Clijsters she has never defeated, Serena who schooled her playing 40-50% of what she's capable in US Open, Venus is not relevant anymore IMO but she'd still do Woz eyes closed etc... etc...

She's definitively the worst... not even a GS final in 2 years of so called reign... Safina had 2 consecutive finals, I'll not forget her Wimbledon SF on her worst surface and Jankovic the US Open 2008 final plus 2 consecutive 1/2 in AO and RG...

Wozniaki's peak didn't last long from Pékin 2010 to Miami 2011 and we all saw what she was capable of, not much... in comparison to Petra (a major, YEC, Fed Cup, Linz).

Rjtennis
12-04-2011, 12:53 PM
What happened with that (supposed) coach who was working with Woz but couldn't be named because he was coaching an ATP player? Was that all just a bunch of bunk? I'm guessing it was.

Make no mistake, Woz's dad is still calling the shots behind the scenes. This new coach will just help to take the media pressure off.

True that, her dad will continue to give her bad advice and she will continue to get crushed when it counts. Maybe her new coach can actually teach her how to hit a FH winner.

Ronaldo
12-04-2011, 01:28 PM
Kvitova didn't perform well from January to Miami or very sporadically so she really has nothing to lose...

Wozniacki's head on the other end, AO SF, Dubaď W, Doha, F and IW W must really be bursting on how she's going to defend all this...

She's not going to have only Zvonareva to face... red hot Petra, Vika who seemed to have finally sorted the baby that was in her, Clijsters she has never defeated, Serena who schooled her playing 40-50% of what she's capable in US Open, Venus is not relevant anymore IMO but she'd still do Woz eyes closed etc... etc..

She's definitively the worst... not even a GS final in 2 years of so called reign... Safina had 2 consecutive finals, I'll not forget her Wimbledon SF on her worst surface and Jankovic the US Open 2008 final plus 2 consecutive 1/2 in AO and RG...

Wozniaki's peak didn't last long from Pékin 2010 to Miami 2011 and we all saw what she was capable of, not much... in comparison to Petra (a major, YEC, Fed Cup, Linz).

40-50%, Serena, nah 19.9%

Eternity
12-04-2011, 11:19 PM

Yes according to journalist Miguel Seabra (on his Twitter) the secret coach was fake.

Terre Battu
12-05-2011, 10:28 PM
Wow! With all the well qualified coaches she hired one with a proven track record for ZERO slams. I guess Woz want's to continue her non-slam winning ways. Too bad, perhaps it's too late.

Spin Doctor
12-06-2011, 08:31 PM
Yes according to journalist Miguel Seabra (on his Twitter) the secret coach was fake.

I figured that was the case even back when they were announcing it in the summer and even posted on this site stating that it probably wasn't true *pats own back*.

Making up a story like that is just further evidence that Woz and her entourage have zero credibility. That's pretty shady making up a whole story about a non-existent coach.

Spring Pools
12-14-2011, 07:41 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PVsTY5TAts&feature=g-all

Working on her forehand, One handed slice (finally, that two handed slice is so ugly), following forehand into net

CitationJet
12-14-2011, 07:50 AM
She certainly won't get very far with this "improvement" while Daddy's hanging around looking like he's lost his teddy bear, now will she?

Working on her forehand, One handed slice (finally, that two handed slice is so ugly), following forehand into net

marpiw
12-15-2011, 05:49 AM
She certainly won't get very far with this "improvement" while Daddy's hanging around looking like he's lost his teddy bear, now will she?I think her daddy should remain forever at home with his teddy bear and watch his daughter on TV...this would give Caroline the freedom she doesnt enjoy at present...that man is a crap...Bravo!!!! for her new coach...

Fate Archer
12-15-2011, 07:56 AM

Nice vid, looking forward to her improvements. I wonder if the decision of changing her slice shot from two hands to just one hand is a wise decision at this point in her career though.

Sounds like a difficult transition for a girl who has been hitting two handers her whole life.

ttbrowne
12-15-2011, 05:00 PM
Don't know where you're coming up with this "empty #1" and all that...this girl has made some serious money! Endorsements out the wazoo. If she goes another year and makes the same amount of money....or more....it's great.
It's not it used to be. Be #1 and make peanuts.
Major..Shmajor. It's about the money.