PDA

View Full Version : Arthurs: worst forehand?

BERDI4
07-15-2005, 10:27 AM
After watching the Davis Cup match between Nalbandian and Arthurs I've never seen such a bad forehand. How can he play at that level? I guess he compensates it with a good serve and volley.

FiveO
07-15-2005, 10:31 AM
For a player reaching #1 Edberg had the worst fh I ever saw. He really compensated.

Babblelot
07-15-2005, 10:31 AM
So I guess that explains it. I always pick him to do well at Wimbledon but have yet to see him play because he gets KO'd early in the first week.

spinbalz
07-15-2005, 10:44 AM
Among the players who have reached the #1, J. Mac Enroe's forehand was weird also.

Shaolin
07-15-2005, 11:44 AM
He survives on tour because his serve unbelievably sick. Arguably the best on tour. His volleys are pretty decent as well.

Return_Ace
07-15-2005, 12:09 PM
He survives on tour because his serve unbelievably sick. Arguably the best on tour

We're talking about Wayne Arthurs here right., the lefty? If it is then yeah, his serve could prolly be the best. I once heard some commentator in a Davis Cup match (last year or so) quoting the saying "A player is only as good as his 2nd serve", then following it up with: "if this is true, Arthurs could probably be one of the greatest players on tour right now............"

DanEd
07-15-2005, 01:59 PM
After losing to W. Arthurs in cincinnati 2002, Sampras said this about the aussie´ serve:
"He puts a lot of pressure on your service game, because he serves so big and he's very hard to break," Sampras said. "He has one of the best serves on the tour, and he backs it up with his second serve...Today's match was just an awkward match. I had no rhythm. [With Arthurs], you're a little bit at the mercy of him."

We're talking about Wayne Arthurs here right., the lefty? If it is then yeah, his serve could prolly be the best. I once heard some commentator in a Davis Cup match (last year or so) quoting the saying "A player is only as good as his 2nd serve", then following it up with: "if this is true, Arthurs could probably be one of the greatest players on tour right now............"