PDA

View Full Version : Nalbanian and partner were awesome

teAlexis
12-03-2011, 02:47 PM
Nalbanian played great tennis. He at least got 1 match for the team. Who knows, maybe Nadal will lose to Del Potro. Forgive my spelling. :twisted:

Poor Lopez and Verdasco couldn't put it together. But their team will win.
Anyone also notice how unhappy Nadal looked sitting next to Toni. He's a big boy I think he can sit next to whomever he wishes.

OddJack
12-03-2011, 03:43 PM
Yes, he was adorable.

The spain team, Lopez and Verdo, looked like couple of clowns

AtomicForehand
12-03-2011, 03:50 PM
Verdasco is just a loose canon out there on the court. The errors he was making today looked like club players'.

Dunno why they didn't put Almagro out there instead to partner Feli. Or even Granollers.

Kemitak
12-03-2011, 03:51 PM
Verdasco is a lousy doubles player. His positioning and shot selection were horrible, and after every point, he struck a pose as though he was the protagonist of a greek tragedy. What a dork.

ben123
12-03-2011, 04:03 PM
nalbandian was great again. i guess nobody has a video of it?

rdis10093
12-03-2011, 04:08 PM
nalbandian was awesome at net today.

Mustard
12-03-2011, 04:13 PM
I was shocked by Verdasco. All that rallying on his own baseline was suicidal doubles tactics. Nalbandian and Schwank just dominated from start to finish. It was like the Spanish had learned nothing from their doubles performance against France in the semi finals.

SLD76
12-03-2011, 04:16 PM
I was shocked by Verdasco. All that rallying on his own baseline was suicidal doubles tactics. Nalbandian and Schwank just dominated from start to finish. It was like the Spanish had learned nothing from their doubles performance against France in the semi finals.

honestly you know they could care less about the dubs. The win it in the singles between ferrer and nadal.

PhotoBlue
12-03-2011, 04:22 PM
Has almagro played a rubber yet?

ruerooo
12-03-2011, 04:28 PM
D-Nal came to play. I figured if F Squared didn't bring their A game it was going to be over right out of the box.

kishnabe
12-03-2011, 05:20 PM
Verdasco is just a loose canon out there on the court. The errors he was making today looked like club players'.

Dunno why they didn't put Almagro out there instead to partner Feli. Or even Granollers.

True.....Grannolers and Robredo are better dbls team than Felidasco!

Mustard
12-03-2011, 05:38 PM
True.....Grannolers and Robredo are better dbls team than Felidasco!

One wonders why Albert Costa used the Verdasco/Lopez pairing after their disastrous performance in the semi finals. Tsonga/Llodra laid a beatdown on them in that semi final, and Nalbandian/Schwank did exactly the same to them in the final. Surely they won't be used next year after these fiascoes.

ViscaB
12-03-2011, 05:44 PM
One wonders why Albert Costa used the Verdasco/Lopez pairing after their disastrous performance in the semi finals. Tsonga/Llodra laid a beatdown on them in that semi final, and Nalbandian/Schwank did exactly the same to them in the final. Surely they won't be used next year after these fiascoes.

True. But Spain almost always loses the doubles match regardless.

togood4u
12-03-2011, 05:59 PM
nalbandian was great again. i guess nobody has a video of it?

I want a video too. I always enjoy watching Nalbandian whether singles or doubles.

Bhagi Katbamna
12-04-2011, 09:08 AM
Just shows that doubles is not the same thing as four people playing singles. A good doubles team working as a team can beat two better singles players not playing as a team.

TheOneHander
12-04-2011, 09:12 AM

Ooh, which one? Piano Phase, or perhaps even Pachelbel's?

I kid, I kid ;)

AtomicForehand
12-04-2011, 09:19 AM
Ooh, which one? Piano Phase, or perhaps even Pachelbel's?

I kid, I kid ;)

You're right--should have had two Ns!

AtomicForehand
12-04-2011, 09:19 AM
Verdasco is a lousy doubles player. His positioning and shot selection were horrible, and after every point, he struck a pose as though he was the protagonist of a greek tragedy. What a dork.

Yes. Verdasco is indeed a ridiculous, preening popinjay.