PDA

View Full Version : Can Nadal beat Djokerer back to back at the Australian Open?

Mike Sams
12-04-2011, 02:11 PM
#1 Djokovic and #2 Nadal will be on opposite sides of the draw as we know. Then there's the question of where Federer will be placed. 98% of the time he's on Djokovic's side. But if Federer this year is placed on Nadal's side, specifically at the Australian Open, does Nadal still have the game and the fierce warrior spirit to take down Federer in the semifinals followed by Djokovic in the final? Or is that too much to ask even for a warrior like Nadal?

The Bawss
12-04-2011, 02:14 PM
Hmmm, can he get past Ferrer first?

InspectorRacquet
12-04-2011, 02:16 PM
If Federer is on Nadal's side, there's no chance he has the mental strength (and physical strength) to beat Federer and Djokovic in a row. I'd say his chances would be higher if it was a clay surface.

Towser83
12-04-2011, 02:21 PM
Well if 2012 is like most of 2011, he won't be able to beat Djokovic in the final.... doesn't matter if his semi final opponent is Federer or me

Mike Sams
12-04-2011, 02:23 PM
But is Nadal at the stage now in his career where he would slightly panic upon looking at the draw and seeing that he would basically have to play Federer and Djokovic back to back in order to win the tournament?
Is Nadal still welcoming of the challenge or is he a little more uncertain and intimidated by the possibility of knowing that nothing less than his absolute very best will be enough to go through his two biggest and most dangerous rivals? Simply, would Nadal be a little shaken at the thought of playing these two guys if he is to win another hardcourt Slam?

Crisstti
12-04-2011, 02:23 PM
I'm not sure it'd make a difference, playing them back to back. If he can play with confidence and consistency, he can do it.

Xizel
12-04-2011, 02:46 PM
Ah, the memories of the 5-set Verdasco epic followed by a 5-set win against Fed.

Towser83
12-04-2011, 02:57 PM
But is Nadal at the stage now in his career where he would slightly panic upon looking at the draw and seeing that he would basically have to play Federer and Djokovic back to back in order to win the tournament?
Is Nadal still welcoming of the challenge or is he a little more uncertain and intimidated by the possibility of knowing that nothing less than his absolute very best will be enough to go through his two biggest and most dangerous rivals? Simply, would Nadal be a little shaken at the thought of playing these two guys if he is to win another hardcourt Slam?

Yeah I'm sure he would prefer not to have to play both. If Federer plays well Nadal is not going to have an easy match so that could make a tough task almost impossible. However Murray could actually take out Djokovic. Strangely I had a dream that Murray beat Federer in the final, hope that doesn't occur.

I'm not sure it'd make a difference, playing them back to back. If he can play with confidence and consistency, he can do it.

It does make it harder, but at the moment it boils down to whether he can beat Djokovic. On a hardcourt if Djokovic play his best, Nadal has almost no chance to win, just like if Nadal plays his best on clay it doesn't really matter how well Federer plays, there's only one winner. So it's kind of out of Nadal's hands. But if he does have to come through a 5 setter with Federer, then maybe Djokovic doesn't even need to play his best, so he's want to avoid having these matches back to back I would think. Anyone would want to avoid playing Djokovic/Nadal/Federer back to back in any combination.

AM95
12-04-2011, 03:59 PM
if fed ends up in rafa's half..that would be very interesting. i doubt rafa will be able to get past both of them.

MichaelNadal
12-04-2011, 04:08 PM
if fed ends up in rafa's half..that would be very interesting. i doubt rafa will be able to get past both of them.

He could, he's done it before. It depends on the form of all 3 players.

RF20Lennon
12-04-2011, 04:10 PM
Well if 2012 is like most of 2011, he won't be able to beat Djokovic in the final.... doesn't matter if his semi final opponent is Federer or me

HAHAHAHA LOOOOOL

decades
12-04-2011, 04:15 PM
loved the post. hated the title.

DjokovicForTheWin
12-04-2011, 04:16 PM
Nadal has no chance of beating djoker in the final no matter how well he plays.

bluescreen
12-04-2011, 05:01 PM
Ah, the memories of the 5-set Verdasco epic followed by a 5-set win against Fed.

Ah, you beat me to it.

I don't think it's at all unreasonable for Nadal to win by beating Djoker and Fed in a row. The way they're all playing it seems as if the eventual winner will pretty much HAVE to beat two of the top 3 players in the world to win AO.

Semi-Pro
12-04-2011, 05:04 PM
Ah, you beat me to it.

I don't think it's at all unreasonable for Nadal to win by beating Djoker and Fed in a row. The way they're all playing it seems as if the eventual winner will pretty much HAVE to beat two of the top 3 players in the world to win AO.

On hard court? No chance.

Mainad
12-04-2011, 05:08 PM
Strangely I had a dream that Murray beat Federer in the final, hope that doesn't occur.

Oh how I hope it does! :)

flyinghippos101
12-04-2011, 05:10 PM
He could, he's done it before. It depends on the form of all 3 players.

He's beaten both Fed and Djok at a hard court slam before? Nadal will be gassed if he takes out Fed who won't go away quietly and then he'll have to face t a Djokovic who will probably dismantle yet another out-of-sorts Murray in the semi.

Unless he's amazingly lucky or gets through Federer quickly (then again, NONE of Nadal's matches are ever done quickly), his chances against Djok are already pretty abysmal, expecially on plexicushion.

Tony48
12-04-2011, 05:59 PM
When was the last time Federer beat Nadal in a slam?

Of course Nadal can beat him. But Djokovic in the final? Ummmmm....right now, there's a low probability of that happening.

EDIT: I just realized the thread title says Djokerer.

Mike Sams
12-04-2011, 06:19 PM
He's beaten both Fed and Djok at a hard court slam before? Nadal will be gassed if he takes out Fed who won't go away quietly and then he'll have to face t a Djokovic who will probably dismantle yet another out-of-sorts Murray in the semi.

Unless he's amazingly lucky or gets through Federer quickly (then again, NONE of Nadal's matches are ever done quickly), his chances against Djok are already pretty abysmal, expecially on plexicushion.

Nadal's matches against Federer also are very mentally taxing. He's consistently put under enormous amounts of pressure and has to find ways to continuously fight off break points against Federer. As we know, Federer is the best in history at creating break point chances but one of the worst at actually converting break points. :lol:
Remember Federer's BP percentage against Nadal at Roland Garros 2007? 1/17 in Break Points!:shock:
Wimbledon 2008...1/12 in Break Points! :lol:
Awful! Just very very bad!
Point is, nobody denies Nadal's chances of getting through Federer at a Slam. But it's mentally and physically exhausting. Federer would likely take all the juice out of him.

cbegap
12-04-2011, 06:49 PM
Nadal needs to get his confidence back. When he is aggressive, he will finish across his body on the follow through. Right now everything is finishing buggy whip. Watching the London matches and am only up to Nadal/Tsonga. Through the first set and a half he has only hit 2 aggressive shots finishing across his body. Everything else just sits up and doesn't move through the court. He's playing not to loose, not to win.

aprilfool
12-04-2011, 07:42 PM
Nadal's matches against Federer also are very mentally taxing. He's consistently put under enormous amounts of pressure and has to find ways to continuously fight off break points against Federer. As we know, Federer is the best in history at creating break point chances and as we all know is the all time leader in Grand Slam wins with 16, among many other records. :lol:
However, Federer's BP percentage against Nadal at Roland Garros 2007? 1/17 in Break Points!:shock:
Wimbledon 2008...1/12 in Break Points! :lol:
Awful! Just very very bad!
Point is, nobody denies Nadal's chances of getting through Federer at a Slam. But it's mentally and physically exhausting. Federer would likely take all the juice out of him.

Fixed it for you. You don't get GOAT records by being the worst converter of break point chances. But yes, against Nadal, the bad match-up and excessive momentum-killing time-wasting by Nadal messes Federer up...

Big_Dangerous
12-04-2011, 07:42 PM

If Fed ends up in Rafa's half, he wins the tournament.

I think he wins it either way, but Nadal's half of the draw is certainly more favorable for Fed, unless Djokovic is still injured.

Australian Open is early this year, starts Jan. 16.

Crisstti
12-04-2011, 08:11 PM
It's probably better for Fed to be on Djokovic's side of the draw. He matches up better against him, after all.

Fixed it for you. You don't get GOAT records by being the worst converter of break point chances. But yes, against Nadal, the bad match-up and excessive momentum-killing time-wasting by Nadal messes Federer up...

Of course, Rafa playing to win those points has nothing to do with it, right?.

Sentinel
12-04-2011, 08:39 PM
Nadal has no chance of beating djoker in the final no matter how well he plays.
Not quite.
After the DC win (I hope no one screams "spoiler"), he'll come back as Nadal 2.0 (just like Nole last year).
Nadal will now win the CYGS and destroy everyone in his path in straight sets. He won't drop a set all year, till maybe WTF when he'll tire.

Then he'll win DC again.

beast of mallorca
12-04-2011, 10:33 PM
No spoilers please.

stringertom
12-04-2011, 11:54 PM
I think we're ignoring possible QF matchups and their effects on the top 3. Whoever draws Tsonga in their quarter will have a plateful to overcome. At this moment, he is every bit as dangerous on HC as any of the players ranked above him.

aphex
12-04-2011, 11:58 PM
Ralph will be lucky if Djoker allows him to keep Monte Carlo.
Regarding the thread title, I take it that it was made in jest.

TennisFan3
12-05-2011, 12:08 AM
#1 Djokovic and #2 Nadal will be on opposite sides of the draw as we know. Then there's the question of where Federer will be placed. 98% of the time he's on Djokovic's side. But if Federer this year is placed on Nadal's side, specifically at the Australian Open, does Nadal still have the game and the fierce warrior spirit to take down Federer in the semifinals followed by Djokovic in the final? Or is that too much to ask even for a warrior like Nadal?

Are you trolling OP or is this a trick question? Did you pay attention in 2011?

Fate Archer
12-05-2011, 04:14 AM
If Fed ends up in Rafa's half, he wins the tournament.

I think he wins it either way, but Nadal's half of the draw is certainly more favorable for Fed, unless Djokovic is still injured.

Australian Open is early this year, starts Jan. 16.

I generally agree with this. If he can avoid Tsonga or a dangerous floater in the quarters I really like his chances at having the AO next year.

nadalwon2012
12-05-2011, 04:44 AM

But no year is the same as the next year. Everyone (except for Murray) plays different every year. Look at 2010 compared to 2011... Look at 2008 compared to 2009.... Look at 2009 compared to 2010.... And now Djokovic has gone and ruined his body (or is it mind?) with no off-season to save him. No way is Djokovic going to be the same player. Meanwhile Nadal looked more impressive in the Del Potro match than any match this year.

Gorecki
12-05-2011, 04:56 AM
can he? yes!
will he? no idea... maybe!
should he? hell no. he should be bageled time and again for being the worst character on court the tour has seen since Lendl or Nastase and them bageled some more for having those despicable fist pumps and pelvic thrusts for mild points midway first set!

Russeljones
12-05-2011, 05:29 AM
Past results are no guarantee for the future, to believe otherwise would be silly.

DjokovicForTheWin
12-05-2011, 07:00 AM
Not quite.
After the DC win (I hope no one screams "spoiler"), he'll come back as Nadal 2.0 (just like Nole last year).
Nadal will now win the CYGS and destroy everyone in his path in straight sets. He won't drop a set all year, till maybe WTF when he'll tire.

Then he'll win DC again.

Ok I'm going to spoil it for all of you. Introducing....Djoker 3.0 :twisted: You will die.

Mike Sams
12-05-2011, 07:20 AM
But no year is the same as the next year. Everyone (except for Murray) plays different every year. Look at 2010 compared to 2011... Look at 2008 compared to 2009.... Look at 2009 compared to 2010.... And now Djokovic has gone and ruined his body (or is it mind?) with no off-season to save him. No way is Djokovic going to be the same player. Meanwhile Nadal looked more impressive in the Del Potro match than any match this year.

Nadal looked good when he disposed of Tsonga and Gasquet on Davis Cup clay and then got bagelled by Murray and Federer shortly after, indoors. Not to mention being crunched by Mayer.
In case you didn't know, Spain won Davis Cup on clay yesterday in their own country. They were the significant favourites to win. Now we go back to hardcourts for the next several months.

Towser83
12-05-2011, 01:17 PM
It's probably better for Fed to be on Djokovic's side of the draw. He matches up better against him, after all.

Of course, Rafa playing to win those points has nothing to do with it, right?.

Of course Nadal has played many great shots to save break points, but the amount Federer sometimes has, they can't ALL be down to Nadal playing a great point. Sometimes he does just work hard to get Advatage and then dumps a second serve in the net. When you get someone as good as Nadal on crucial points you need to take any chance you can where it IS in your hands... and Federer a lot of the time hasn't. I mean 17 breakpoints, you are gonna have a good chance more than once. Not all 16 saved are because Nadal played too good.

Not quite.

Then he'll win DC again.

I dunno if Nadal can raise his levels to his best ever at this point. But he might not even have to, he's been consistant he just needs to keep being consistant and pick his moments.

btw, he's not playing Davis Cup

Yeah but every single year except 2010 Djokovic has had the beating of Nadal on hardcort. 2010 is the only year when he did not have at least an even H2H on hardcourt, and really when he's at his best he's far too good for Nadal, as evidenced by his 7 straight sets wins in their first 10 hc meetings. 2007 was 2-2 in H2H, 2008 was 2-1 to Novak and 2009 was 3-0 to Djokovic. 2010 was the first time they ever met in a hc slam and it was really at a time where it favoured Nadal more than Djokovic. But Djokovic at his best is too good for Nadal and it's been proved since 2007.

Now Nadal has managed to improve his game so that he was able to give Novak harder matches on HC this year, but he'll need to keep his level really high to beat Djokovic or hope that Djokovic drops. I'll give you this, nadal has given Djokovic harder battles on HC this year, so if Djokovic drops off a bit and Nadal keeps playing like that on HC, then he's got a shot compared to other years where most times Djokovic would win in straight sets.

Hitman
12-05-2011, 02:32 PM
I would be very interested to see if he can do it. Would a draw like that motivate him like nothing else before, or will it cause him to start booking his flight early. I would really like to see Federer on his side at this upcoming AO.

If he does it, that would probably be his biggest success, certainly on a hardcourt.

monfed
12-05-2011, 06:43 PM
I think he could beat Federer at AO considering how ridiculously slow its become with the use of heavier balls and with the huge matchup advantage he's got. I can't see him beating Nole if Nole plays anywhere near his best.

Have we forgotten that Novak Djokovic is the unbeatable GOAT at the AO ? :)

Mike Sams
12-05-2011, 06:52 PM
Of course Nadal has played many great shots to save break points, but the amount Federer sometimes has, they can't ALL be down to Nadal playing a great point. Sometimes he does just work hard to get Advatage and then dumps a second serve in the net. When you get someone as good as Nadal on crucial points you need to take any chance you can where it IS in your hands... and Federer a lot of the time hasn't. I mean 17 breakpoints, you are gonna have a good chance more than once. Not all 16 saved are because Nadal played too good.

I dunno if Nadal can raise his levels to his best ever at this point. But he might not even have to, he's been consistant he just needs to keep being consistant and pick his moments.

btw, he's not playing Davis Cup

Yeah but every single year except 2010 Djokovic has had the beating of Nadal on hardcort. 2010 is the only year when he did not have at least an even H2H on hardcourt, and really when he's at his best he's far too good for Nadal, as evidenced by his 7 straight sets wins in their first 10 hc meetings. 2007 was 2-2 in H2H, 2008 was 2-1 to Novak and 2009 was 3-0 to Djokovic. 2010 was the first time they ever met in a hc slam and it was really at a time where it favoured Nadal more than Djokovic. But Djokovic at his best is too good for Nadal and it's been proved since 2007.

Now Nadal has managed to improve his game so that he was able to give Novak harder matches on HC this year, but he'll need to keep his level really high to beat Djokovic or hope that Djokovic drops. I'll give you this, nadal has given Djokovic harder battles on HC this year, so if Djokovic drops off a bit and Nadal keeps playing like that on HC, then he's got a shot compared to other years where most times Djokovic would win in straight sets.

So you think Djokovic will be the one to drop off and not Nadal who is actually older both in age and in tennis years and has had far more injuries?

Towser83
12-05-2011, 09:30 PM
So you think Djokovic will be the one to drop off and not Nadal who is actually older both in age and in tennis years and has had far more injuries?

I said IF he does. Also this is talking about the AO only. Novak could turn upand play below his best and Nadal could be motivated.

tusharlovesrafa
12-05-2011, 09:43 PM
can he? yes!
will he? yes... maybe!
should he? hell yes. he should bagel nole time and again and take the revenge for 2011 and teach him a lesson to him by bageling him some more for having those despicable mid match orgasms and stupid inpersonations that he did in past!

corrected it for you..:):twisted:

timeisonmyside
12-05-2011, 09:46 PM
When was the last time Federer beat Nadal in a slam?

Of course Nadal can beat him. But Djokovic in the final? Ummmmm....right now, there's a low probability of that happening.

EDIT: I just realized the thread title says Djokerer.

Wimbledon 2007 was the last time Fed beat Nadal in a slam. Since then, Nadal has beaten Fed in 2008 French, 2008 Wimbledon, 2009 Australian, and 2011 French.

celoft
12-07-2011, 09:02 AM
Not a chance in hell. Would be straight sets win for the Serbian.

zagor
12-07-2011, 09:07 AM
It would be interesting if Nadal played Novak at 2012 AO, if Novak won he'll have a shot at both Nadal slam and career slam at FO later that year.

Djokolate
12-07-2011, 12:07 PM
Doubt it. It may be a close match, and I think he'll get past Federer, but Djokovic will come out on top. Oh, and yes ppls. I am back, for one thing and one thing only, to continue my trolling career on the interwebz.

Sentinel
12-08-2011, 02:41 AM
Ok I'm going to spoil it for all of you. Introducing....Djoker 3.0 :twisted: You will die.
You could be right. There's still stuff Djoker can improve.

Also, if he gives up a few food groups, we could see Djoker 3.0 and even 4.0 after that.
Fat-free Joker, sugar-free Joker, salt-free joker, and finally Djoker 5.0 will be water-free aka dehydrated Joker.

No problemo. He picks his moments between points and serves.

passive_aggressive
12-08-2011, 02:49 AM
Can Nadal get through Federer and then Djokovic at the Australian Open?

Yes. And easily.

Federer is Nadal's ***** on every surface including outdoor hard, and best of 5 = Federer is toast. Even if Fed gets 2 sets up he will be too tired to seal the deal.

Then Djokovic will likely continue the same poor form from the end of 2011. Djoker 2.0 was unsustainable.

Any other tennis player apart from Djokovic and Federer kind of is not even a slam threat on their best day to Nadal on Nadal's worst day, so AO 2012 is a lock for Nadal.

namelessone
12-08-2011, 02:51 AM

Yes. And easily.

Federer is Nadal's ***** on every surface including outdoor hard, and best of 5 = Federer is toast. Even if Fed gets 2 sets up he will be too tired to seal the deal.

Then Djokovic will likely continue the same poor form from the end of 2011. Djoker 2.0 was unsustainable.

Any other tennis player apart from Djokovic and Federer kind of is not even a slam threat on their best day to Nadal on Nadal's worst day, so AO 2012 is a lock for Nadal.

Then why does he lead 4-0 indoors against Nadal?

passive_aggressive
12-08-2011, 02:51 AM
You could be right. There's still stuff Djoker can improve.

Also, if he gives up a few food groups, we could see Djoker 3.0 and even 4.0 after that.
Fat-free Joker, sugar-free Joker, salt-free joker, and finally Djoker 5.0 will be water-free aka dehydrated Joker.

No problemo. He picks his moments between points and serves.

Hmmm... camp Fish is taking notes

Fate Archer
12-08-2011, 02:52 AM

Yes. And easily.

Pretty laughable assessment. But don't worry, for next year Rafito is a great chance at Barcelona and Monte Carlo.

Of course, if Novak is not playing there.

passive_aggressive
12-08-2011, 02:53 AM

I meant to say every surface except indoor hard. And that's probably because indoor hard is best of 3 sets.

Even on outdoor hard Federer has no chance.

And I suspect that on indoor hard best of 5 sets Federer would have no chance either.

zagor
12-08-2011, 03:42 AM

And are there any slams played indoors? Exactly.

Passive_aggressive is 100% right, Nadal at the amazing level he displayed in 2011 is bound to have the best year of his career in 2012, that would have already happened this year if not for Novak GOAting (Nadal overwhelmed the field in 2011, he just wasn't able to find the solution for one guy), when Novak falls down to earth next year Nadal is gonna win 3 slams at the very least (Calendar Grand Slam is not ouf of the question at all).

His biggest opponent at the AO is himself, if he's not sick or injured(or some combination of both) Nadal is a lock for AO next year.

aphex
12-08-2011, 03:50 AM

Passive_aggressive is 100% right, Nadal at the amazing level he displayed in 2011 is bound to have the best year of his career in 2012, that would have already happened this year if not for Novak GOAting (Nadal overwhelmed the field in 2011, he just wasn't able to find the solution for one guy), when Novak falls down to earth next year Nadal is gonna win 3 slams at the very least (Calendar Grand Slam is not ouf of the question at all).

His biggest opponent at the AO is himself, if he's not sick or injured(or some combination of both) Nadal is a lock for AO next year.

I'm not so sure I agree here zagor...It will be very difficult for Ralph to maintain the peak level he reached in 2011...

mandy01
12-08-2011, 04:54 AM
Djokovic's health seems suspect for the AO. So we'll have to wait and see how he is first.

Sentinel
12-08-2011, 06:06 AM

LOLOL ! That would go for all slams, no ?

^ Mandy,
I just hope Djoker's health is okay. I don't want critics to say Rafa did not deserve his CYGS when he gets it in 2012.

namelessone
12-08-2011, 06:08 AM

Tough to win in this state.

http://icons.iconarchive.com/icons/artua/mac/512/Lock-icon.png

Sentinel
12-08-2011, 06:09 AM
I'm not so sure I agree here zagor...It will be very difficult for Ralph to maintain the peak level he reached in 2011...
Wait, you still agree with Sir Zagor that Nadal could be sick or injured or some combination of both ?

Or will he be healthy and yet not win ? That would contradict Pythagoras' Theorem (aka Drakulie Theorem).

Contradiction needs resolution.

aphex
12-08-2011, 06:46 AM
Wait, you still agree with Sir Zagor that Nadal could be sick or injured or some combination of both ?

Or will he be healthy and yet not win ? That would contradict Pythagoras' Theorem (aka Drakulie Theorem).

Contradiction needs resolution.

Dear Senti, I'm glad you asked.

After years of work on the spin/anti-gravity field with Dr. N_F, I am pleased to announce that I
have come to a formula that refines the Drakulie Theorem. Think of it as the marriage of quantum mechanics with relativity, only more important.

It goes thusly:

Nadal is undefeated when he wins.
^
(drakulie theorem)

wins=wins or loses or does not play
^
(addition)

Sentinel
12-08-2011, 07:10 AM
Dear Senti, I'm glad you asked.

After years of work on the spin/anti-gravity field with Dr. N_F, I am pleased to announce that I
have come to a formula that refines the Drakulie Theorem. Think of it as the marriage of quantum mechanics with relativity, only more important.

It goes thusly:

Nadal is undefeated when he wins.
^
(drakulie theorem)

wins=wins or loses or does not play
^
(addition)
Excellent. I still have some niggling doubts.

Acco to the Law of Conservation of Momentum, Raphla should carry his DC momentum into the AO and win it.

But as per Raphla's Uncertainty Principle, he is uncertain if he will even play since he is tired and/or injured or some combination of both.

aphex
12-08-2011, 07:23 AM
Excellent. I still have some niggling doubts.

Acco to the Law of Conservation of Momentum, Raphla should carry his DC momentum into the AO and win it.

But as per Raphla's Uncertainty Principle, he is uncertain if he will even play since he is tired and/or injured or some combination of both.

We're going deep into nadalistics now,
but this issue was addressed decades ago:

"It is impossible to determine the nadal's momentum and injury level at the same time."

-Werner Heisenberg, 1927

CDestroyer
12-08-2011, 07:49 AM

I didn't think it was possible for an intelligent Nadal fan to exist on these boards. I appreciate your efforts.

Talker
12-08-2011, 08:17 AM
Djokovic's game does take a lot out of Nadal, he keeps the ball in play and to stay in many points Nadal is really pushing his endurance.

At Wimbledon and the USO Nadal seemed to be pretty worn out by the fourth set.
So a player like Fed or Tsonga could really hurt Nadal before a final matchup with Novak.

Nadal will have extra motivation to take them both down so will give everything he's got.

Nadal wouldn't want another loss to Djokovic so it's a huge mental challenge on the biggest stage for him.

What a great match it could be.

abmk
12-08-2011, 08:45 AM

"It is impossible to determine the nadal's momentum and injury level at the same time."

-Werner Heisenberg, 1927

LOL :twisted:

zagor
12-08-2011, 12:52 PM

You're right of course, I was so carried away by Nadal's insanely high level of play this year that for a moment I forgot about all about tennis history and the lessons that should be learned from it.

It is true for example that Fed never repeated his 2006, Mcenroe his 1984, Wilander his 1988 etc. It seems it's an unwritten rule that once a player reaches the heights of his ability a noticeable decline follows soon after, it is quite possible that similar to examples given above Nadal will find it very hard to repeat his peak(2011) level of play in 2012 and beyond.

We must not forget however that Nadal has a few advantages over the gentlemen mentioned above, mainly his superior genetics, humble fighting spirit and most importantly having tio Toni in his corner(one of the greatest tennis brains and independent thinkers of all time) so only time will tell.

-Werner Heisenberg, 1927

LOOOL :)

Sentinel
12-09-2011, 05:14 AM

-Werner Heisenberg, 1927
I see you've been studying "What They (Still) Don't Teach You At Hardvard University" by Dr Fedace, very diligently.

Sadly in India, we are still going by Toni Boyle's 1662 Law that states that :

"Nadal's injuries are directly proportional to the absolute pressure going into a match, and inversely proportional to the scoreline of the said match."

I could never wrap my miniscule brain around that. Thankfully, Herr Heisenberg superseded this 300 or so years later.

Sentinel
12-09-2011, 05:15 AM
I didn't think it was possible for an intelligent Nadal fan to exist on these boards. I appreciate your efforts.
LoloLOLOL.

http://blogs.larioja.com/balonblog/files/sonrie20vamos20a20ganar4gy.jpg
10 oven-fresh vamoses.

MixieP
12-09-2011, 12:22 PM
If Rafa plays with high illusion, he can do it (unless he's drawn against Florian MAYER).

celoft
12-09-2011, 01:01 PM
Maybe another QF loss for Nadal? When was the last time 3 slam finals in a row had the same 2 finalists?

sportsfan1
12-09-2011, 01:34 PM
Unless Nadal starts atleast challenging Noel with a couple of wins, I wouldn't characterize their matches would be exciting. It's Noel all the way against Nadal, whether it's with or without back, arm, or leg injuries. :neutral:

Mike Sams
12-09-2011, 01:39 PM
Unless Nadal starts atleast challenging Noel with a couple of wins, I wouldn't characterize their matches would be exciting. It's Noel all the way against Nadal, whether it's with or without back, arm, or leg injuries. :neutral:

Nadal went away quietly in the 4th set of the USO against a 30% Djokovic.:?