PDA

View Full Version : Wozniacki imitates Serena: Another fail attempt by Woz at humor

lendledbergfan
12-06-2011, 10:36 AM
Wozniacki has been trying very hard to improve her image this year, but apart from her "self-interview", her attempts at humor have backfired in epic ways. Her latest one was imitating Serena Williams -- this is not even funny, in fact, it is pitiful Wozniacki is trying to do all this to gain more attention which has clearly gone to better women this year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOEeyke8bm8

fed_rulz
12-06-2011, 10:38 AM
Wozniacki has been trying very hard to improve her image this year, but apart from her "self-interview", her attempts at humor have backfired in epic ways. Her latest one was imitating Serena Williams -- this is not even funny, in fact, it is pitiful Wozniacki is trying to do all this to gain more attention which has clearly gone to better women this year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOEeyke8bm8

she's an idiot. the kangaroo-interview cr@p she pulled at this years AO was pitiful.

purge
12-06-2011, 10:51 AM
who knows. maybe that really is her kind of humor.
its not for everyone obviously

some people arent meant to be seen as funny by others

BeHappy
12-06-2011, 10:53 AM
She should just wait till she's won a slam before promoting herself in any way at all.

Mike Sams
12-06-2011, 11:01 AM
She disrespected Nadal too with the whole cramping thing at the press conference.

Banger
12-06-2011, 11:23 AM
She is an idiot. She was clearly making fun of her physical "assets" which is so not professional and immature. I dont even like Serena but I hope the next time they play each other Serena destroys her.

Shaolin
12-06-2011, 11:34 AM
Not a bad impression actually. Serena is gonna make her pay for that though, she is not the one.

President
12-06-2011, 11:36 AM
If I remember correctly, Serena and Woz are pretty good friends so I seriously doubt Serena took any offense to this...

OddJack
12-06-2011, 11:43 AM
Wozniacki wants to be Djocker of WTA,

It is really Novak she is immitating.

ollinger
12-06-2011, 12:06 PM
She's 21, let her mature a bit. Most of us have our jerky moments at that age. The younger Djokovic mocked Nadal on court by tugging at his own shorts during a match once, I think he's matured a bit since then as well.

MichaelNadal
12-06-2011, 01:13 PM
Not a bad impression actually. Serena is gonna make her pay for that though, she is not the one.

Lol she even said as much at the USO this year :)

THUNDERVOLLEY
12-06-2011, 01:17 PM
If I remember correctly, Serena and Woz are pretty good friends so I seriously doubt Serena took any offense to this...

Agreed. Only a fool would try to insult a friend--only to have to face them in a match somewhere down the road. Humor does not work for all players (see Agassi trying to imitate the service motion of Becker or McEnroe for laughs).

On the other hand, Djokovic is a rare case of his personality lending itself to humor.

dirtballer
12-06-2011, 01:20 PM
I couldn't make out who she was playing.

OddJack
12-06-2011, 01:32 PM
Even when I try to ignore my dislike of her as a player, it still fails to look funny.

Woes_Niacki is well aware of her shortcomings as a number one rank player so this looks more like a cry for acceptance, to please the crowd who question the legitimacy of her ranking. There is much difference between her and djoker, her role model.

scotus
12-06-2011, 01:33 PM
In a few years Wozniacki would not need to stuff her panties for this sort of imitation. She's catching up to Serena fast in that department.

bezs
12-06-2011, 01:35 PM
I couldn't make out who she was playing.

Dominika Cibulkova

Hood_Man
12-06-2011, 01:49 PM
I don't think it's a very good impression at all :/, it's just walking out on court wearing some padding. At least Roddick and Djokovic impersonate a players mannerisms too when they're doing it.

purge
12-06-2011, 01:53 PM
I don't think it's a very good impression at all :/, it's just walking out on court wearing some padding. At least Roddick and Djokovic impersonate a players mannerisms too when they're doing it.

and even they are not even the best at it. so you dont have to practice all that much for it to look funny and convincing

GrandIllusion
12-06-2011, 02:17 PM
Women play tennis?

DjokovicForTheWin
12-06-2011, 02:19 PM
Serena probably knows about it.

The Bawss
12-06-2011, 03:41 PM
She's like a crap version of djoker.

Nathaniel_Near
12-06-2011, 03:48 PM
Since when was Serena white? Is this why she's been out of action for so long; the foot injury and other things were simply a ruse?

Big_Dangerous
12-06-2011, 03:52 PM
She is an idiot. She was clearly making fun of her physical "assets" which is so not professional and immature. I dont even like Serena but I hope the next time they play each other Serena destroys her.

You know she will lol.

Nathaniel_Near
12-06-2011, 03:53 PM
You know she will lol.

With her mammoth mammary (just one of them).

Big_Dangerous
12-06-2011, 03:55 PM
With her mammoth mammary (just one of them).

Woz has never beaten Serena, and only won 1 set off her in 3 meetings.

Nathaniel_Near
12-06-2011, 03:57 PM
Woz has never beaten Serena, and only won 1 set off her in 3 meetings.

Exactly. Using a tennis racket to do the job is gonna start to get boring for Serena.

Terre Battu
12-06-2011, 05:59 PM
She should imitate Serena's winning ways in the slams!!!

Shaolin
12-06-2011, 07:08 PM
^exactly...imitate her by winning a slam or 10, woz.

norbac
12-06-2011, 07:13 PM
The girl just tries too hard...a bit like Noel.

j00dypoo
12-06-2011, 07:14 PM
ughh wozniacki is boring, boring to watch and not good for the women's game... unless she starts winning something.

kishnabe
12-06-2011, 08:15 PM
The girl just tries too hard...a bit like Noel.

At least Noel came of funny and even if you see it it as try too hard....he seems more natural.

Wozzy.....seems fake and sometimes very dull. Though I hope shanigans of hers stop after she wins a slam.

passive_aggressive
12-07-2011, 03:26 AM
Wow, that was painful to watch.

DanaKz
12-07-2011, 03:45 AM
There is no problem in imitating Serena, that's ok I guess.

But she is soooo not funny in it. All her jokes seem lame and pathetic

DanaKz
12-07-2011, 03:50 AM
Li Na's one joke about prize money >>>>> all Carolina's rehearsed attempts.

Gorecki
12-07-2011, 05:42 AM
Woz. keep your day jo... better yet... look for a different job and drop both tennis and comedy!!!

teAlexis
12-07-2011, 10:11 AM
She is boring because she dates a boring golfer.

NadalAgassi
12-07-2011, 11:10 AM
Wozniacki should just go away. She has no game, no real achievements despite her fraud #1 ranking, no personality, no nothing. I predict in 2012 she will crash hard out of the top 5, and dissapear from the tennsi radar for good in the years to come. She is clearly desperate that even while still the fraud computer #1 nobody gives a damn she even exists, while Serena continues to grow her legend, real #1 Kvitova sweeps up all rightful Player of Year awards for 2011, Kim continues her epic comeback story, and Li Na is a multi millionare and hero in her home country.

jones101
12-07-2011, 11:32 AM
How many times can a person fail so spectacularly in attempting to be funny?

She needs to put all the energy she puts into her comedy routine into her game instead.

Since Doha/Dubai this year, I have not seen any development of her game, she has not improved in any area, except maybe fitness. In fact, her game has regressed immensely since last year. Her game is so basic these days.

She is poised to be eclipsed by all her generation's stars next year.

She needs to realise people will like her more when people can believe in her abilities, not her silly dancing.

Oh, I read somewhere she told Serena she was going to do this. Serena may have known about this beforehand, however, I think its safe to say, Caroline will be feasting on something from Serena's bakery the next time they play.

MotherMarjorie
12-07-2011, 11:42 AM
Agreed. Only a fool would try to insult a friend--only to have to face them in a match somewhere down the road. Humor does not work for all players (see Agassi trying to imitate the service motion of Becker or McEnroe for laughs).

On the other hand, Djokovic is a rare case of his personality lending itself to humor.
Hmmmmmm.....

....there are so many things Mother Marjorie has to say. Let her cook on this.

First of all, when Serena was having her blood thinning issues, Caroline Sanchez-Vicario visited her.

It wasn't Caroline's intent to insult her friend. Oh, no, it was not. As serious as Serena takes herself, she might well indeed take it as an insult, similar to some of Serena's more questionable fans. If she does, so what? She's an aging professional tennis player with a short shelf-life.

Serena's on-court behaviors have made her a target by her detractors but Caroline isn't one of them.

The thin-skinned fans of Serena Williams might want to cool their heels, because Mother Marjorie isn't the one, oh, no...she is not!

Mother Marjorie Ann
Empress of Talk Tennis Warehouse

TMF
12-07-2011, 11:59 AM
Caro's intention was not to insult her friend(Serena). If that was her motive, Serena would lashed out in public and then twitters. Serena's mon(Oracene) would verbally attack Caro too.

Thundervolley is clueless and doesn't know what he's talking about.

MotherMarjorie
12-07-2011, 12:08 PM
Serena's mon(Oracene) would verbally attack Caro too.
Remember when Oracene lashed out at Kim Clijsters on twitter? Yep, uh-huh.

Mother Marjorie Ann

TMF
12-07-2011, 12:14 PM
Remember when Oracene lashed out at Kim Clijsters on twitter? Yep, uh-huh.

Mother Marjorie Ann

How can I forget....Clijsters took over the spolight in the WTA and the WS had to take a back seat. It was a cheap shot by Oracene due to her jealousy.

MotherMarjorie
12-07-2011, 12:32 PM
How can I forget....Clijsters took over the spolight in the WTA and the WS had to take a back seat. It was a cheap shot by Oracene due to her jealousy.
Oracene most definitely had her angry wig on, for sure....yep, you betcha!

Mother Marjorie Ann

Bhagi Katbamna
12-07-2011, 03:32 PM
Even if they are friends, what Woz did lacked class.

Rjtennis
12-07-2011, 04:01 PM
What an idiot woz is. Like others have said, you dont disrespect a friend and you definetly dont want to disrespect SW when you will have to play her again. Pushiacki is doing everything she can to try to gain attention and she is just making herself look like a complete fool. Im ready for Woz to fade away.

heftylefty
12-07-2011, 04:11 PM
She's 21, let her mature a bit. Most of us have our jerky moments at that age. The younger Djokovic mocked Nadal on court by tugging at his own shorts during a match once, I think he's matured a bit since then as well.

X2...
It was a little funny.

Signed,
A Serena Williams Fan

Soianka
12-07-2011, 06:46 PM
She's like a crap version of djoker.

^^this.....

Big_Dangerous
12-07-2011, 07:17 PM
She is boring because she dates a boring golfer.

An arrogant boring golfer who choked away one of the biggest leads ever in PGA Tour history.

For the great U.S. Open he had, that choke job at The Masters was worse than the Texas Rangers.

FuriousYellow
12-08-2011, 01:44 PM
Serena should imitate Wozniacki's cramping seizure and weeping at Doha.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALHObkStAt0

norbac
12-08-2011, 02:24 PM
At least Noel came of funny and even if you see it it as try too hard....he seems more natural.

Wozzy.....seems fake and sometimes very dull. Though I hope shanigans of hers stop after she wins a slam.

Yeah I agree, Noel is funny and does seem more natural.

USERNAME
12-08-2011, 07:22 PM
Serena should imitate Wozniacki's cramping seizure and weeping at Doha.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALHObkStAt0

Think Vera was mad? But ya know she shows the ability to punish balls in that vid... Why doesn't she do it more, when she's HEALTHY? As for the vid of Caroline's impersonation, I found it funny (but I'm not really a big Serena fan). It was a bit much but I think if Serena found it insulting we would've heard something by now from her or her camp, Woz probably didn't mean anything by it.

djokovicgonzalez2010
12-08-2011, 07:34 PM
I actually like her bizarre sense of humor

Fugazi
12-08-2011, 08:29 PM
Not as bad as the OP makes it seem, but not very funny either.

sportsfan1
12-08-2011, 08:35 PM
I actually liked Wozniacki during her breakthrough year, but 2011 has been all downhill. Maybe she had a few before this game. Another woeful failure from her, perhaps even worse than her early round exits at the majors. This kind of stuff is hard to pull off even if you are an established champion - without that, this act sadly comes across as that of just another clown on the court.
Put your head down woz and work on your game, leave this stuff for later if at all... :(

OddJack
12-08-2011, 08:38 PM
I hope 2012 will bring us a new WTA number one.

I doubt there will be more Woz humor if that happens

Subventricular Zone
12-09-2011, 10:32 PM
She won't be number 1 soon enough.

She should fire her PR manager too.

Lawn Tennis
12-09-2011, 10:51 PM
Hold off on the negative comments people. As long as Serena and Caroline are cool with each other, there's not a single issue.

Dilettante
12-10-2011, 12:02 AM
Hold off on the negative comments people. As long as Serena and Caroline are cool with each other, there's not a single issue.

It's not an issue, but it's people's perrogative to think it was lame.

I think it was pretty lame.

monfed
12-10-2011, 12:36 AM
LMAO, that was indeed funny. You guys have no sense of humour. Haters gonna hate right? :lol:

Rjtennis
12-10-2011, 09:23 PM
Woz shouldnt be imitating anyone. Does she want someone to start imitating that nasty sounding voice of hers? She sound like Frankenstein or something.

Lawn Tennis
12-11-2011, 12:28 AM
Woz shouldnt be imitating anyone. Does she want someone to start imitating that nasty sounding voice of hers? She sound like Frankenstein or something.

do you think she'd be okay with people picking on her about that?