PDA

View Full Version : Which WTA or ATP players (if any) will win multiple slams next year

NadalAgassi
12-06-2011, 07:42 PM
Could 2012 be a year 8 different men and women win slams, or will we see 1 or more multi slam winners. In 2011 the only mutli slam winner of either gender was Djokovic. Vote for any player you think will win 2 or more slams next year.

bluetrain4
12-06-2011, 07:54 PM
If she's focused and healthy all year long and actually plays all the Slams (which is a HUGE "if), I'd say Serena. At the very least she'd have a very good shot.

If Djokovic can re-energize himself after this long year in 2011, then he'd have an excellent chance. Don't let his relatively dismal fall season make you forget how otherworldly he played most of the season.

And, maybe Nadal. Excellent chance at the FO, of course, and not unreasonable to think he could possibly pull through somewhere else, though it will be tough if Djoker is in 2011 form during all the Slams.

NadalAgassi
12-06-2011, 07:58 PM
I think Nadal, Kvitova, Serena, and Djokovic could all end up winning 2 slams, leaving none to the rest. Of those I think atleast 2 will win atleast 2 slams though.

cc0509
12-06-2011, 09:02 PM
LOL, all of a sudden after winning 3 slams this year people think Djokovic will not win any next year?

I say out of the men, Djokovic is the only one who will win 2 or more slams next year.

For the women, it is a toss up between Kvitova, Serena and Clijsters. I think those three women have the best chance to win 2 slams depending on their form.

Mighty Matteo
12-06-2011, 09:10 PM
I think Federer will win multiple majors next year.

JayChu
12-06-2011, 09:34 PM
Should have gone with a poll that allows for multiple picks

OddJack
12-06-2011, 09:45 PM
Should have gone with a poll that allows for multiple picks

Yeah, that was first thing I thought as well.
Flawed poll.

Clarky21
12-06-2011, 09:46 PM
Possum will definitely win multiple slams next year. The world would have to end in order for him not to.

kishnabe
12-06-2011, 10:18 PM
I think Kvitova(Wimby) and Stosur(Aussie) will win one slam each next year.

The French and US by Serena.

Mens Side: Federer wins Aussie and Wimbledon.

Djokovic wins FO, and Murray wins US!

Nadal has his best Indoor Season and wins WTF.

celoft
12-07-2011, 09:09 AM
Believe it or not Federer. He can take advantage of Djokovic's and Nadal's knack for injuries.

A scenario like this would not surprise me:

AO - Djokovic wins
FO - Nadal wins
Wimbledon - Federer wins
USO - Federer wins

Djokovic and Nadal could be burned-out by Wimbledon. Their exhaustion could come earlier in 2012 than in 2011.

birmingham
12-08-2011, 09:37 PM
Nishikori will win his first Grandslam and at least one for Pavluchenkova

jones101
12-09-2011, 12:13 AM
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/12/08/article-0-0F1B98F500000578-327_468x773.jpg

Sentinel
12-09-2011, 12:18 AM
Believe it or not Federer. He can take advantage of Djokovic's and Nadal's knack for injuries.

A scenario like this would not surprise me:

AO - Djokovic wins
FO - Nadal wins
Wimbledon - Federer wins
USO - Federer wins

Djokovic and Nadal could be burned-out by Wimbledon. Their exhaustion could come earlier in 2012 than in 2011.
There's even a possibility that they could start the year tired and burned out, and carry out the burnout through the rest of the season. :) :)

celoft
12-09-2011, 01:34 PM
There's even a possibility that they could start the year tired and burned out, and carry out the burnout through the rest of the season. :) :)

Yep..........

Subventricular Zone
12-09-2011, 10:30 PM
S. Williams and Clijsters.

joeri888
12-10-2011, 05:27 AM
I think Nadal, Kvitova, Serena, and Djokovic could all end up winning 2 slams, leaving none to the rest. Of those I think atleast 2 will win atleast 2 slams though.

Who'll win the FO with the women I wonder in your prediction?

Fate Archer
12-10-2011, 06:24 AM
Sammy Stosur for multiple slams on the women's side.

NadalAgassi
12-10-2011, 11:53 AM
Who'll win the FO with the women I wonder in your prediction?

Kvitova could definitely win the French. She would have won it last year if she had won that 3 setter with eventual winner Li Na (the only set Na lost).

TERRASTAR18
12-10-2011, 01:38 PM
serena slam part deux plus olympic gold. djoker wins ao, a nobody wins the other 3 and gold for the men.

1970CRBase
12-10-2011, 06:33 PM
If Kvitova wins AO, she will definitely win 2 or 3 slams in 2012. In which case there will be zero chance for Woz ever anymore because the whole field will be chasing Kvitova and everybody will be playing that much better as a consequence.

boredone3456
12-11-2011, 09:48 AM
I doubt we will see the majors on the mens side split between 4 different people. For the past several years for the most part they have been split between Djokovic, Nadal and Federer and I highly doubt that will be different next year unless either Tsonga or Murray makes a big leap forward for 2 weeks of amazing tennis. I'd actually be very suprised if the majors next year are even split between more then 2 men. Yes Federer won the YEC but he only made one major final in 2011 and well...I don't see him doing a whole lot better in 2012 unless Djokovic and Nadal take major downturns in their game and Federer plays better. Tsonga or Murray could still sneak one, and I'd say Tsonga is more likely...but its still a longshot. But then again Djokovic's 2011 was a statistical longshot this time a year ago so who knows.
There are not a long list of Major contenders for 2012 on the mens side:
Novak, Rafa, Fed, Murray, and maybe Delpo, Tsonga...and well...thats about it.

On the Womens side..who even knows. Serena is probably the most likely to do it, but that is even doubtful after the US Open when she was the heavy favorite and got decimated in the final. She won't win the French. Even against the poor WTA field today she still would need a miracle there. If she wins the Aussie she can do it, but since she has been largely out of action since losing the US Open save a few exhibition matches, where she didn't come off to great, I don't know. Yes I'm sure it will be said that Serena probably didn't care about the exhibitions...but well..she still doesn't look to good at the moment.

Clijsters....again who knows, she plays such a limited schedule that its impossible to read her, and she has been out of play for a long time now, since the French. Against the current WTA that won't mean much if she is fit but she is still questionable. But given her inconsistent performances even at the majors unless she plays and win the Aussie she probably won't win 2.

Kvitova...well...she won Wimbledon and YEC...but after Wimbledon she flopped big time at the US Open. Now she is going into 2012 as a favorite for big things and well...who knows how she will handle that. she certainly didn't handle it so well following Wimbledon, and now with the expectant pressure of taking number 1 from Woz and being poised with the perfect oppurtunity at the Aussie....who knows. I can't say confidently she'll rise to the occasion what so ever.

beast of mallorca
12-11-2011, 09:55 AM
Well, at least Murray has one fan.

1970CRBase
12-11-2011, 07:01 PM
On the womens side, Serena might win one, Kvitova likely two. The fourth will go to some unexpected player. Actually I do not believe Kvitova cannot handle pressure, I see her total opposite; pressure seems to have no effect on her, she's oblivious to it. Very striking indeed. She is mentally just like Pete. Mens side I just cannot see any multi slam champion now. Djok went 6-0 against Nad this year, sometimes people seem not to realise just what a feat that was, it is Rafael Nadal we are talking about to beat him six times in a row. But Djok has surely paid a MASSIVE price, both have paid up in fact, just look at some of those insane rallies in their gigantic struggles, and now they've gutted each other. Still it's hard to see either going completely slamless next year. It is time both for Fed to come back, and JW and Murray to step up. So it could end up 4 slams to four out of these five guys.

Logan71
12-12-2011, 01:16 PM
Djokovic possibly FO & Aussie

Federer could win USO and Wimbledon but less likely.

2012 could be a shared thing but too hard to call.Players still declining others on the rise.

Top 4 is hard to call because of this.
Federer will decline a bit more,Nadal i'm convinced has played his best.Djokovic is now at his peak,and Murray may improve slightly so could be quite a level playing field next year.